Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

Honestly a "Think 47" policy is something good that should be in operation everywhere.

"Think. Could this bald person I'm talking to in actuality be a genetically enhanced killer in disguise who is about to setup a complicated Rube Goldsberg type scenario to kill someone in this building."

Easy enough to test for. Ask them what the nearest piece of food is like. If they say it's "to die for", get outta there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1709554582597050592

:toot:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

keep punching joe posted:

They're basically copying the NZ smoking ban, where the minimum age to purchase tobacco will rise every year (locking out anyone born before a certain date).

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/dec/13/new-zealand-passes-world-first-tobacco-law-to-ban-smoking-by-2025

This is a good thing

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Skarsnik posted:

This is a good thing

It is, but currently GB has almost no checks on goods entering the country, so there's the potential for a huge increase in tobacco smuggling.

Supposedly checks will begin in January but they've already been delayed 4 or 5 times since Brexit, and there's no sign that progress has been made with the infrastructure and staffing needed to implement them.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Lots of low flying fighter jets and chinooks around me today. It's pretty intense.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Jippa posted:

Lots of low flying fighter jets and chinooks around me today. It's pretty intense.

POV: You are King Kong

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
whoops post

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Why would you "arrest" the shoplifter to grab their stuff when you can just steal what you need from the store yourself :confused:

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

old brane constantly forgetting things but always reminding me this

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Chubby Henparty posted:

I remember reading somewhere that Stewart Lee used to carry around a card in his wallet that read, 'Person to contact in case of death - Patrick Marber', so that if he ever got hit by a car, he could die happy in the knowledge that at least he'd be ruining Marber's day.

(They'd got into a feud about who actually came up with the O'Hanra-Hanrahan character.)

grobbo fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 4, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/1709570584483332516

lol

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Another one for the car park

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
she needs to go easier on the buckfast

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
also very discriminatory language imo

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i'd bet plenty of wheelchair users around the country would be willing to queue up to give her the hiding of a lifetime

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I've been pronouncing it oo-lez

Has it actually been you-lez all this time?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

No ur-lez

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

who is this Stan Duppenfite

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Chubby Henparty posted:

Thought this was referring to the nin song and I was quite confused.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Puntification posted:

Thought this was referring to the nin song and I was quite confused.

I have been hearing the song in peter's voice and cadence also.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

STAND UPPPP
FOR THE CUNTS IN BLUE

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/mennewsdesk/status/1709588057282740506?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

grobbo posted:

I remember reading somewhere that Stewart Lee used to carry around a card in his wallet that read, 'Person to contact in case of death - Patrick Marber', so that if he ever got hit by a car, he could die happy in the knowledge that at least he'd be ruining Marber's day.

(They'd got into a feud about who actually came up with the O'Hanra-Hanrahan character.)

I'm confused. If they hate each other won't that make Patrick happy? Or are they in a feud as best mates?

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

I wonder what words/quotes she wants to be put in the paper about her speech

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Shamelessly quoting myself with this update: a freeman conspiraloon army tried to repossess the house back from the bank today. It didn't go to plan. lol

https://twitter.com/Nullen80/status/1709535137518506383

It's a long thread of short videos. I find these people fascinating to observe :allears:

e: Piers Corbyn was there

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 4, 2023

grobbo
May 29, 2014

notaspy posted:

I'm confused. If they hate each other won't that make Patrick happy? Or are they in a feud as best mates?

Yeah, I explained that badly. Lee legitimately disliked Marber, so he wanted to annoy Marber as his final act on earth by making him come in and identify the mangled corpse.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

This is especially funny because even if you’d had no reason to ever get a tram to the airport you’d still know it went there because that line goes loads of other places including straight through town (as they all do) and therefore has ‘Manchester airport’ plastered on the front, sides, and every stop it’s stopping at along the way.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Disproportionation posted:

I only really lurk this thread but it's only been unreadable for the past couple of days because like, two posters (reading thru the last few pages one of which is evading a perma apparently?? idk) have spent every moment picking fights with everyone else in the thread over and over.
Sorry to bring this up from pages ago, but I wouldn't say Rugz's behaviour is bannable or even probatable, they're just not very good at arguing and their opinions run contrary to seemingly everyone else's. They are the kind of poster who ends up either gets talked round, or getting bored and posting elsewhere about how mean this thread is. Easy to ignore or easy to argue against, as per your preference; and from the view of an external observer it looks like they are at least being challenged if they post bad takes.

Crystal Thenis however is knowingly being an antagonistic, bigoted oval office and is deliberately threadshitting. Nothing he has posted has even attempted to add to the discussion, and his presence in the thread just makes it look unmoderated.

I get it, most easily trolled thread on the forums etc, but that doesn't mean we should do nothing when someone is clearly and unambiguously threadshitting.

It seems from occasional inferences in the chat thread's discord that he is likely a permabanned user who has reregged, but I don't have any proof of that beyond general vibes.

kingturnip posted:

It is possible for the thread to self-regulate if people use the 'Block User' buttons.
When it blocks quotes from that user as well that might be the start of a solution. Until then, no.

Also from the outside it would still look like we have a oval office infestation.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 4, 2023

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Guavanaut posted:

Amazing how all the comments are "you can get arrested just for talking [about the crimes you are conspiring to commit with others] these days, world's gone mad!"

I wonder where they all were when those tiktokers got done for "we should all loot Oxford Street lol (this is a joke)"

Probably the same people who wonder why criminals aren't arrested before they commit any crimes.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I have been hearing the song in peter's voice and cadence also.
I now have a vivid mental video of Alan Partridge doing Closer on karaoke.

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...

Jakabite posted:

This is especially funny because even if you’d had no reason to ever get a tram to the airport you’d still know it went there because that line goes loads of other places including straight through town (as they all do) and therefore has ‘Manchester airport’ plastered on the front, sides, and every stop it’s stopping at along the way.

Including directly passing in front of the GMEX building, where the conference is being held.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I made a sarcastic comment on one tweet wondering if the police had found any suspicious powders in Fox's bedroom, and then had some right crazies accuse me of being part of the 77th Brigade, then I was accused of being a police grass because I mentioned powders in that tweet that was made after the police had left, as if my tweet would suddenly get Laurence's house re-raided, or that I'd leaked a huge secret that Fox loves coke. lol

I really wonder what happened to these people's cognitive skills. Did they ever have them in the first place?

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
Met police keeping an eye on your Twitter account for tip offs

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
But I mean, if you could get his house re-raided, you'd totally do that (and I'd be in full support)

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Sorry to bring this up from pages ago, but I wouldn't say Rugz's behaviour is bannable or even probatable, they're just not very good at arguing and their opinions run contrary to seemingly everyone else's. They are the kind of poster who ends up either gets talked round, or getting bored and posting elsewhere about how mean this thread is. Easy to ignore or easy to argue against, as per your preference; and from the view of an external observer it looks like they are at least being challenged if they post bad takes.

I disagree about Rugz' behaviour being good-faith disagreement. Throughout these multi-day details they've come in with a contrarian opinion, misrepresented other people's arguments and seamlessly switched topics just to keep the argument going. It's pissflappian trolling, plain and simple.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Nothing to do with UKPol but got to see other nations rejecting the metric system.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I call upon france to release the reference capybara they have imprisoned in the basement.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GBNewsSpin/status/1709605217967153181

quote:

Sideshow God, a.k.a. Cosplay Cleric Calvin Robinson, has this afternoon put out a statement in relation to his sacking by GB News

In it he confirms reports of a five figure payout to an unnamed female presenter following allegations of sexual harassment by a senior manager

Calvin also suggests the channel’s owner, Paul Marshall, is attempting to clean up its act before making a formal bid to buy The Daily Telegraph

He also talks about a culture of deep division at GB News, with recounts of clashes between it’s presenters and editorial staff over what they can and cannot say on air

The self-professed freedom fighter goes on to suggest GB News is becoming the Tory party’s ‘controlled opposition

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

Nothing to do with UKPol but got to see other nations rejecting the metric system.

Capybaras, they picked a strange rodent to die on. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I always confuse capybaras with chupacabras and it’s regularly disappointing