Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Dodos were probably loving delicious. Like humans hadn't even started selectively breeding them yet. We could all be eating fried Dodo fingers right now happy as clams but no some short-sighted sailors got greedy like a bunch of assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
*cackling as I revoke your interns’ subsidized transit passes*

this is only the beginning!! I will bury you!!!!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

euphronius posted:

not quite courtroom attire by Habba but close enough I guess

That's a fine "I have 16 misdemeanor pretrial conferences before lunch" fit but I'd personally dress up more if I had one all day big one.

gregday
May 23, 2003

skaboomizzy posted:

https://twitter.com/dfriedman33/status/1709584348108804357

Rudy has discovered the key to becoming a fraud elemental

look away, if this will offend you

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope “, perhaps sober” is added after all references to me as well

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

skaboomizzy posted:

Obamna?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

That's a fine "I have 16 misdemeanor pretrial conferences before lunch" fit but I'd personally dress up more if I had one all day big one.

the frayed fringe is a bit … unorthodox

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Euphronius, perhaps sober, is answering legal questions.

skaboomizzy posted:

Oh no, Rudy! You're at Merrimack County Superior Courts, an amateur basketball club! Move before it's too late!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

emfive posted:

who is that dude with the gigantic forehead

why do so many of those people have weird heads

that dude is connected to all of the florida judges and lawyers. he was brought onto trump's team to help with the documents case. he had to leave his firm to take on trump as a client, and insisted on a $3m retainer up front. after being retained, he told trump to return all of the documents and to begin negotiations with prosecutors on a plea. trump then removed him from the florida criminal case, where he was an expert and would have netted the minimum sentence, to the ny civil documents case. he's the only attorney present for trump and his large adult sons that hasn't gone on an open court rant about the judge's biases or previous rulings.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Taking away the old ghouls' treats and offices might actually be the kind of decorum offense that gets them fighting mad. Really hits home when it gets real.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

skaboomizzy posted:

Merrimack County Superior Heating & Cooling

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Apraxin posted:

hell yeah, the new era of petty bitch governance
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1709514638549766491

lol @ anyone who thinks the democrats will save them

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Tom Tucker posted:

Dodos were probably loving delicious. Like humans hadn't even started selectively breeding them yet. We could all be eating fried Dodo fingers right now happy as clams but no some short-sighted sailors got greedy like a bunch of assholes.

i thought i read they were garbage annoying birds and they literally just trampled dodo nests and killed them for sport.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

after being retained, he told trump to return all of the documents and to begin negotiations with prosecutors on a plea.

lamo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

emfive posted:

why do so many of those people have weird heads

post yr head

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

Just arrived at the Witch Hunt Trial taking place in the very badly failing (so sadly!) State of New York, where people and companies are fleeing by the thousands. Corrupt Attorney General, Letitia James, is a big reason for this. Statute 63(12) is meant to be used for Consumer Fraud. It has never been used before on a “case” such as this, especially since I did absolutely nothing wrong. I borrowed money, paid it back, in full, and got sued, years later, with a trial RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY CAMPAIGN. I am not even entitled, under any circumstances, to a JURY. This Witch Hunt cannot be allowed to continue. It is Election Interference and the start of Communism right here in America!

lol as we all expected, he's whining/victimizing that he's not getting a jury despite it being his own lawyers' gently caress up

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

yeah he was the actual adult competent defense attorney that trump hired and the shuffled him off to an unfamiliar district for an unrelated and open/shut fraud case.

this dude was appointed by desantis to recommend new florida judges. kise is literally responsible for putting state judges on the bench in fl.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hope giuliani is sober doesn't make a fool of hmself

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the 3 million probably wasn’t a retainer but was his fee

idk tho and it’s not really that important

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

2DCAT posted:

What happened to her gaming laptop??

is she covering it up with soem papers?

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

well he’s certainly not getting any additional payments. surprised trump coughed up the $3 million

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

euphronius posted:

it might have been a fee earned upon signing. that's pretty standard in the fl criminal defense world. either way, trump moved him from the criminal documents case to the civil fraud case because he gave good competent advice about his criminal liability and what actions trump should take.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Lux Anima posted:

So BRB for the next 5hrs - I'm joining the processions of the dootly-dooting dead today! It's 5G day everyone, so everyone try to live it up a little, for the Prez! Bring some water and a hat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lXxRmJVykA

s e s h

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

that dude is connected to all of the florida judges and lawyers. he was brought onto trump's team to help with the documents case. he had to leave his firm to take on trump as a client, and insisted on a $3m retainer up front. after being retained, he told trump to return all of the documents and to begin negotiations with prosecutors on a plea. trump then removed him from the florida criminal case, where he was an expert and would have netted the minimum sentence, to the ny civil documents case. he's the only attorney present for trump and his large adult sons that hasn't gone on an open court rant about the judge's biases or previous rulings.

lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
here's a leagleeagle video where he goes over all of trumps lawyers and their various legal bona fides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhy5Y8xVHS0

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Taking away the old ghouls' treats and offices might actually be the kind of decorum offense that gets them fighting mad. Really hits home when it gets real.

VideoKid posted:

lol @ anyone who thinks the democrats will save them

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

criminal defense lawyers usually charge one up front fee to cover the entire case from arraignment to Supreme Court appeal

you can understand why they would want to be paid up front.

idk what Tony white shoe “white collar” criminal defense lawyers do

the fact he had to quit his firm to represent trump is hilarious tho

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

euphronius posted:

NYTimes describes it as an "upfront retainer".

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/16/us/politics/trump-lawyers-fees.html

Getting money in advance unquestionably makes him Trump's smartest lawyer. It says he's made a total of $5.8 million from Trump so far.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
i'll also note that kise is somewhat back on the documents case as trump couldn't find anyone else willing to shill his poo poo down there that was admitted to practice to the relevant courts.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

William Bear posted:

Alina Habba has a notepad over the LED on her sick gamer laptop. But she can't hide who she is. A gamer girl, through and through.

Edit: that dude in the bowtie is still sitting behind Trump, and he's wearing a different bowtie. Who is he? How many bowties does he own?

shes perfect

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

skaboomizzy posted:

graduating from plain incompetence to Pillow Man's brand of insane incompetence with crazy proclamations that go nowhere

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Mr. Nice! posted:

here's a leagleeagle video where he goes over all of trumps lawyers and their various legal bona fides.

new smash dlc looking great

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

William Bear posted:

NYTimes describes it as an "upfront retainer".

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/16/us/politics/trump-lawyers-fees.html

Getting money in advance unquestionably makes him Trump's smartest lawyer. It says he's made a total of $5.8 million from Trump so far.

from the trump campaign. trump isn't paying his lawyers. his political donors are. they're also paying a lot of his co-conspirators' legal bills and he uses the conflicted counsel to intimidate/coerce them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

I could not watch that for more than 20 seconds

but one reason trump has bad lawyers is because he or his close aides fire them when they tell
him to plea

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

cross posting

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Hey what are your politics?

Me:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Shageletic posted:

Hey what are your politics?

Me:

My lovely lady lumpenproletariat. :swoon:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

:yooge: troof

Just arrived at the Witch Hunt Trial taking place in the very badly failing (so sadly!) State of New York, where people and companies are fleeing by the thousands. Corrupt Attorney General, Letitia James, is a big reason for this. Statute 63(12) is meant to be used for Consumer Fraud. It has never been used before on a “case” such as this, especially since I did absolutely nothing wrong. I borrowed money, paid it back, in full, and got sued, years later, with a trial RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY CAMPAIGN. I am not even entitled, under any circumstances, to a JURY. This Witch Hunt cannot be allowed to continue. It is Election Interference and the start of Communism right here in America!

Election Interference and the start of Communism? sign me up

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

euphronius posted:

I could not watch that for more than 20 seconds

but one reason trump has bad lawyers is because he or his close aides fire them when they tell
him to plea

i'm not saying he's everyone's jam. but this video does cover all of the trumpsphere lawyers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
too badly, so sadly