Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I keep getting covid which limits how often I can get a vaccine :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

euphronius posted:

I keep getting covid which limits how often I can get a vaccine :(

skill issue

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

You ought to try drinking more tea.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-023-43563-3

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
nasal rinse tea sounds painful but I'll do it by ggod

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Remembering the pharmacist in Spring 2021: (very solemnly) "Keep this card safe. It may be very important one day"

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Objective Action posted:

Yeah same for me, I think Walgreens is just lying at the moment. Guessing it will be some weeks still till people actually start getting them in stores.

Did CVS or walgreens ever stock the original novavax? I had to get it from a public health department, and I kind of suspect I'll have to do the same this time

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

"O.M. has received funding support from Japan Science and Technology Agency and ITO EN, ltd, Tokyo, Japan." lol.

That said, I'm half green tea, so I'm set. :tinfoil:

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Sometimes I've wondered if I have some strange lifestyle choice or quirk that has prevented me from from ever testing positive for covid, something I would never even realize. It would be something like this too. I drink tea every day.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/wolfeagle1989/status/1709431559919407586

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

icantfindaname posted:

Did CVS or walgreens ever stock the original novavax? I had to get it from a public health department, and I kind of suspect I'll have to do the same this time

I got my original flavor novavax from Costco. Of course by the time I got it they stopped stocking it when I wanted to get my 2nd dose. Hopefully they stock the new one.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

what i enjoy about every chain pharmacy site is that you can't even filter pharmacies for novavax at all. unless they update their sites soon (lol), you're left with calling pharmacy after understaffed pharmacy to beg for novavax info.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

from elsewhere on this site

quote:

This was me during every encounter while spending time in both far east and far west Georgia.

I had never seen MAGA scrub caps in the OR before…nor had I seen a bit of sandwich bread fall out of a surgeons mask into the sterile surgical field.

lol healthcare is very good in America right now

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

from elsewhere on this site

lol healthcare is very good in America right now

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

We're calling BA.2.86 JG.3 now? That's just frustrating.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

A Bag of Milk posted:

Sometimes I've wondered if I have some strange lifestyle choice or quirk that has prevented me from from ever testing positive for covid, something I would never even realize. It would be something like this too. I drink tea every day.

I attribute the insane amounts of weed I smoke for me not getting got yet

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Thread title

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

One to watch, though I will say that they've been duking it out in :denmark: and BA.2.86 is winning on the relative increase:

Naturally this can be marred by non-random selection of samples and the very lackluster level of testing.

Source: https://www.covid19genomics.dk/statistics

I should note that Denmark is solidly in a fall wave likely held back by the unseasonably hot weather:

(the legend is: i) first infection, ii) first reinfection and iii) 2 or more reinfections)

Source: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/aa41b29149f24e20a4007a0c4e13db1d/page/Regionalt/

Pingui has issued a correction as of 16:42 on Oct 4, 2023

road potato
Dec 19, 2005
I was not following the conversation RE: which shot to get very closely, so I just went in for round whatever of MRNA on Friday. VERY sore arm saturday, general lethargy saturday & mild lethargy sunday, back to normal.

So, what's my wait time before getting nova-vaxed? Is there any point in getting it? Maybe in December so when everyone hits the back-to-school wave in January I'll have a bit of an extra buffer?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ejustin46/status/1709487892211368122?t=Mg49PBWwotX8ZA3u3VyXxg&s=19

Okay come on now there's no way things are that simple

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

Okay come on now there's no way things are that simple

sponsored by Ito En, for all of your green tea needs! Go out and buy some today!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Now we just have to get covid to drink the tea

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Austria added a variant break down to the piss monitoring:
https://abwassermonitoring.at/dashboard/

Biggest chunk seems to be EG5.1

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

NeonPunk posted:

sponsored by Ito En, for all of your green tea needs! Go out and buy some today!

Oh so it's like when smoking cured covid

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
my vaccine card will be a great piece of trash for someone to marvel at during my estate sale

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

Maybe? There are some compounds that legit does actually help against Covid like that CPC mouth rinse, but I'm not gonna go out and immediately stock up on green tea just yet. I'm just going to treat it like beets, it'll be a nice addition to my diet and if it does actually pan out then great! If further studies show it doesn't do anything, I just simply had a nice cup of tea.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

lol of course

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

GXL posted:

Hello all. I am the Costco PAPR man, I am the voicebox light-up bubble helmet man. This will be my penultimate post in the CSPAM covid thread. I can no longer read the posts here due to the latent threat of revisiting the traumatic experience of the Costco sample vendor incident. I have processed my feelings on the matter and am at peace, but do not need to be constantly reminded of it by visiting this place. The thread has been a valuable resource for me over the past few years and I have benefited from my time spent reading it. I give my sincere thanks the constructive, helpful people who have shared their information and perspectives. I would like to be remembered as one of those positive contributors, so I will be posting a final art project in this thread tomorrow, October 4th 2023 at 2:00 p.m. PST. Thank you again.

Sorry to see you tap out, but you gotta take care of your mental health. I hope your time away is only temporary

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

gradenko_2000 posted:

yeah I'm sure a shitload of chemicals inactivate covid on direct contact, just like every other antibiotic the trick is to distribute them throughout your tissue

unless you're our bigly boi and want to do some bleach injecting, any like... ingested chemical is only going to be helpful in transient situations like if you happen to get some COVID in your mouthhole.

that said I drink a pot of tea every single dang day of my life, tea is good and cool and if it's giving me marginal mouth and throat resistance then i'm all about it

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

can I just stuff some moths down my gullet? will that work?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Everyone laughed at me when they saw me snorting my morning matcha.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Everyone laughed at me when they saw me snorting my morning matchamoths.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

lol https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/10...s-visit-boston/

quote:

`It is going to be more challenging this year.' CDC director addresses vaccine hiccups on visit to Boston
By Maggie Scales, Globe Correspondent, Updated October 4, 2023

Dr. Mandy Cohen, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said the country is moving beyond initial distribution problems with updated COVID-19 vaccines and urged people to make appointments at local health clinics or pharmacies to get flu, COVID, and RSV shots.

She spoke during a visit Wednesday to the Whittier Street Health Centerin Roxbury, where she received her flu shot and kicked off the center’s fall vaccination campaign.

Frederica Williams, CEO and President of Whittier Street Health Center, said that the center received 350 doses of the updated COVID-19 vaccine and is prepared to distribute as many shots this year as in the past.

Cohen was joined by Dr. Robbie Goldstein, Massachusetts Commissioner of Public Health, who received flu and COVID shots during a tour of the health center.

At a press conference following their tour, Cohen, Goldstein, and Williams urged the public to get their flu and COVID vaccines this fall.

“We are so lucky to live in this time in history where we have the tools to help ourselves,” Cohen said. “We just have to use them.”

Unlike in years past when the government was in charge of distributing COVID vaccines, this year, the private sector is distributing them to locations where people can be vaccinated. First, they started with private pharmacies, many of which are not accessible to underinsured or uninsured communities.

[Editor's note: lol]

Now, Goldstein said that the COVID vaccine is getting into health centers and providers’ offices so that under-resourced communities can have access to them for free.

[Editor's note: lmao]

Cohen said that the reason why she visited the Whittier Street Health Center is to “highlight the different access points that folks have.”

“I want to be upfront and say that it is going to be more challenging this year as the federal government is not in charge of the purchase and distribution,” Cohen said. “This means that there is not going to be the same intensity of access points that we’ve had in the past, so folks do need to take advantage of places like Whittier Street Health Center.”

Cohen recognized the difficulty many people have faced trying to get COVID vaccines.

“This is the first time that we’re billing insurances, so of course there are going to be a couple of technology hiccups in the private sector that we worked really hard with our partners to make sure we ironed out,” Cohen said. “I think now we’re kind of getting past that, so we want folks to make an appointment and get vaccinated.”

Williams said that it is important for people to be educated on vaccines, which is why Whittier Street Health Center has been advertising vaccines through text messages to their patients and posting information on social media to “keep momentum going.”

“We have to continue to educate patients because I think we are beginning to see that the [transmission] rates are increasing because people want to go back to their normal lives,” Williams said. “But to go back to your normal lives and stay healthy, you need to get the vaccination.”

[Editor's note: maybe mask too idk]

i hate america

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
imagine if the vaccine gave you hiccups though

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Our message is simple: call your insurance company and beg them to cover your use of The Tools.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Isn't europe doing "no boosters for anyone under 65"?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Gotta admit I'm pretty bummed about there not actually being anything on the horizon that will change the incredibly stupid situation we're in.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Shiroc posted:

Gotta admit I'm pretty bummed about there not actually being anything on the horizon that will change the incredibly stupid situation we're in.

Don't temp fate, there's a terrible elite panic somewhen on the horizon when they realize they're burning through their reserve army of labor or have some quantum leap variant, and they're sooner or later gonna do something real stupid as a result.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

that we've even seen limited returns to masking in some institutions is a sign that normal isn't working, i think.

wish people would be less atrociously dumb about things, though, yeah.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Some of my wife's co-workers are doing tests so she can fully participate in an indoor social thing with them

Feels good :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

My spouse showed up to a testing appointment at Walgreens only to have them explain they are out of PCR tests but the scheduling system doesn't talk to the inventory system lol

Owns that I unsuccessfully spent a couple hours this morning trying to find another way to get a PCR test. Ended up ordering a couple soon-to-expire Lucira's from a PPE supply store in Canada lmao

Love having the tools