Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Real Mean Queen posted:

The part that makes me lol is that the advice circulating is to turn your phone off and wrap it in tinfoil or whatever for like two hours. Even in the version of the universe where the government is going to fire off a Marbug/zombie(!?) plague from everyone’s electronic devices, we aren’t locking down. It’s going to be fine by early evening at the latest, business as usual, keep your dinner reservations, there’s no reason to overreact here.

The government wants to hit everyone with a pulse, better just warn everyone so they can avoid it with common household items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I now hunger for BRAINS

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
My 5g marburg just activated

Send help

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

gently caress could anyone else go for some brains right now?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

My 5g marburg just activated

Send help

my appliances caught on fire just now

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

NeonPunk posted:

sponsored by Ito En, for all of your green tea needs! Go out and buy some today!

yea total horse poo poo. i was drinking 1 liter of ito en green tea every day when i 1) caught covid and 2) got totally hosed up by it

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Fur20 posted:

yea total horse poo poo. i was drinking 1 liter of ito en green tea every day when i 1) caught covid and 2) got totally hosed up by it

ito en recommends two (2) liters of ito en green tea per day to stave off the worst effects of covid

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

StratGoatCom posted:

Don't temp fate, there's a terrible elite panic somewhen on the horizon when they realize they're burning through their reserve army of labor or have some quantum leap variant, and they're sooner or later gonna do something real stupid as a result.

There’s not, they’re going to make the ship sink even faster out of spite

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Insanite posted:

that we've even seen limited returns to masking in some institutions is a sign that normal isn't working, i think.

wish people would be less atrociously dumb about things, though, yeah.

The people in charge don’t have to act in a way that’s undergirded by any logical coherence at all, that’s the perk of being in charge

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

ya'll want some marburg

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
yeah but I already got a copy of Alpha Protocol for my new old PS3

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Emergency broadcast came and went and my 4 times 5G rear end felt nothing. Pathetic.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-xKCvgaBxU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Insanite posted:

that we've even seen limited returns to masking in some institutions is a sign that normal isn't working, i think.
July: few masks at the local oncology clinic, staff blinding us with their smiles
Today: lots of masks on civilians, all medical staff masked too

:thunk:

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
Washington state's Monkeypox (Mpox) update.

pre:
Cumulative
Mpox	Total	Change
Cases	706	 +4
Hosp.	21	 -
pre:
Recent
Collection	Cases	Change
2023-09-17	2	+2
2023-09-10	1	-
pre:
Month Onset/	Older
Collection	Cases	Change
Summer '23	4	-
Spring '23	12	-
Winter '22	35	-
Fall '22	147	-
Summer '22	465	-
Spring '22	1	-
Incomplete	39	+2
WA State Mpox Dashboard

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

OMG, he admit it!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

DominoKitten posted:

Emergency broadcast came and went and my 4 times 5G rear end felt nothing. Pathetic.

Same. Thanks for nothing Brandon

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Isn't europe doing "no boosters for anyone under 65"?

I haven't checked all countries, but with exceptions for pregnant women and immunocompromised, that seems to be the norm.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

There are other studies (not all funded by Big Tea) showing that green tea is antiviral against SARS-COV-2 and other similar respiratory viruses:
Obviously drinking green tea isn't going to make you immune, but there's reason to think it reduces your risk a bit. But if you want to do an oral antiviral for an extra layer of mild protection, it's probably better to just gargle with mouthwash a couple times a day, which is accomplishing the same thing (trying to kill viruses replicating in your throat), but more effectively. Green tea might be a good idea for kids though, who are probably less excited to use mouth wash regularly.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Green tea is soothing and yet perks you up. Probably not bad for you. Maybe good for you!

Green tea: catch the fever!

(no not the bad kind of fever)

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
wonder if anyone has ever gotten sars 2 from taking a dump and having the water splash their butthole

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Trap sprung etc. This https://shop.zojirushi.com/products...WVU7B5k03PEvFXM is the greatest think I have ever purchased for the kitchen. I used to go through 8-10 diet sodas a day until I finally switched to iced green tea. Used to just boil the water on the stove but got this thing and it is wonderful. I probably go through 3 liters a day and it's way cheaper and better for you than Coke Zero. Thank you for coming to my Tea Talk.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Psycho Society posted:

wonder if anyone has ever gotten sars 2 from taking a dump and having the water splash their butthole
There's a nonzero chance that one of Trump's wacko lawyers (Jenna Ellis maybe??) got covid from Giuliani farting, so there's that at least

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

The Oldest Man posted:

Some of my wife's co-workers are doing tests so she can fully participate in an indoor social thing with them

Feels good :unsmith:

hope they’re PCR tests the binax 15m nasal swabs aren’t picking up even symptomatic infection until three or four days in. lotta false sense of security out there rn

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Lmao, I just saw a tiktok of a random person talking about how they felt sick but they were going to take a covid test, and proceeded to just swirl the swab right around the nostrils, not even bothering to even push it in at all, and happily declared that she's negative! Pretty sure whole lot of people are doing the same thing too

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

NeonPunk posted:

Lmao, I just saw a tiktok of a random person talking about how they felt sick but they were going to take a covid test, and proceeded to just swirl the swab right around the nostrils, not even bothering to even push it in at all, and happily declared that she's negative! Pretty sure whole lot of people are doing the same thing too

Like... just swirling in the general area on her face?

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

NeonPunk posted:

that is essentially what my toddler does when he tries to test himself, so i guess he's maybe as functional as a random adult with respect to covid testing.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Wrex Ruckus posted:

Like... just swirling in the general area on her face?

Like she was just rubbing just teensy tiny bit in the nose, I could still see the cotton part on the swab while she was going around the nostrils.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

GXL posted:

Hello all. I am the Costco PAPR man, I am the voicebox light-up bubble helmet man. This will be my penultimate post in the CSPAM covid thread. I can no longer read the posts here due to the latent threat of revisiting the traumatic experience of the Costco sample vendor incident. I have processed my feelings on the matter and am at peace, but do not need to be constantly reminded of it by visiting this place. The thread has been a valuable resource for me over the past few years and I have benefited from my time spent reading it. I give my sincere thanks the constructive, helpful people who have shared their information and perspectives. I would like to be remembered as one of those positive contributors, so I will be posting a final art project in this thread tomorrow, October 4th 2023 at 2:00 p.m. PST. Thank you again.

what on earth

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

NeonPunk posted:

i can say with certainty that 150% of people who have not crackpinged do exactly this. even my friends who are legitimately concerned about covid are frequently terrible at testing themselves. -- including one friend in particular who masks everywhere, indoors and out, has never caught covid, etc. i watched them do a test in front of me once and was just like ?????? what are you even doing lol

i asked a friend who was covid positive once to test this way when they were several days into symptomatic infection, just like lightly swab the most accessible area of the nostril and do nothing else at all, and it actually did come back positive. so it works sometimes. but i'm sure it's way way way worse at catching early / asymptomatic / low viral loads / etc.

Soap Scum has issued a correction as of 21:27 on Oct 4, 2023

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Shiroc posted:

Gotta admit I'm pretty bummed about there not actually being anything on the horizon that will change the incredibly stupid situation we're in.

vote

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

NeonPunk posted:

Yes, that's how they know it's Not Covid

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

NeonPunk posted:

Back in the day when we had a local "testing center," the very first time I got tested the doctor got way up in there and joked about pulling Legos out of kids sinuses. A few months later, the testing nurse just barely swabbed my outer nostrils. Then later they just had everybody test themselves. Then testing places disappeared and Jen Psaki accidentally got Biden to send everyone tests. Now you can buy them if you want and your employer will scream at you if you dare test.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I'm surprised anyone tests positive at all. until this WAVELET I was pretty sure they simply didn't

GXL
Feb 6, 2004

It's against all of our policies for an application to ever share information with advertisers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2WpOu_sRDQ

This song contains satirical references to gun violence. I DO NOT SUPPORT GUN VIOLENCE. I DO NOT SUPPORT GUN OWNERSHIP. I DO NOT SUPPORT CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPONS.

If you decide to quote this post, I’d really appreciate if you included the disclaimer text so that it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.

Thanks again, CSPAM covid thread. Couldn’t have done it without you. Fare thee well.

TOTAL SYMPTOMATIC COVID INFECTIONS TO DATE: 0

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Oracle posted:

hope they’re PCR tests the binax 15m nasal swabs aren’t picking up even symptomatic infection until three or four days in. lotta false sense of security out there rn

We're doing a metrix party

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

GXL posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2WpOu_sRDQ

This song contains satirical references to gun violence. I DO NOT SUPPORT GUN VIOLENCE. I DO NOT SUPPORT GUN OWNERSHIP. I DO NOT SUPPORT CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPONS.

If you decide to quote this post, I’d really appreciate if you included the disclaimer text so that it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.

Thanks again, CSPAM covid thread. Couldn’t have done it without you. Fare thee well.

TOTAL SYMPTOMATIC COVID INFECTIONS TO DATE: 0

absolute legend lmao

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Do you think Budesonide spray does anything?