Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nybble posted:

I’ve been staring at this and not figuring out how you got Alioth & Zola down on T5/T6

I didn’t. T3 Electro, T4 Deathlok, T5 Alioth and then Zola on 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
If anyone hasn't figured out how to dominate with Elsa yet - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abH0HhlHcv4

She's stupid powerful.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
I've been seeing a ton of Elsa and it's shocking how many points that deck can put on the board. Angela + Elsa on the board plus Kitty is just a lot of points per turn.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
She's a 2/8 with minimal support and can quite easily become a 2/OMG with good deck building planning.

I like her because she changes the way you evaluate board space, which changes the game, but she should clearly give a smaller buff or be smaller herself.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Darke GBF posted:

I've been seeing a ton of Elsa and it's shocking how many points that deck can put on the board. Angela + Elsa on the board plus Kitty is just a lot of points per turn.

I had no real complaints about Loki but this has been unenjoyable so far

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
She's ridiculously broken. She'd maybe be too strong if she only affected her own location, thats how out of control her current state is.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So what counters Elsa? Loki and Sandman ramp? Maybe Hela Tribunal? The fact she's not ongoing is atrocious, but it at least is in line with SD's p2w philosophy.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

No Wave posted:

She's ridiculously broken. She'd maybe be too strong if she only affected her own location, thats how out of control her current state is.
Yeah it’s pretty insane

I also keep running into scenarios where my opponent ends up with two of them on the board somehow, whether by location or whatever, and at that point you might as well just retreat

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Walla posted:

So what counters Elsa? Loki and Sandman ramp? Maybe Hela Tribunal? The fact she's not ongoing is atrocious, but it at least is in line with SD's p2w philosophy.
Sandman, Shadow King (but only for one lane), maybe Valkyrie in the other lane? There are limited options.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Time to break out Shadow C3. Or maybe brew a Shadow King & Abs Man combo deck.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I been playing junk and it's about 50/50 that I gently caress them up or help them

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Sandman, Shadow King (but only for one lane), maybe Valkyrie in the other lane? There are limited options.

Invisible Woman w/Absorbing Man + Killmonger/Shadow King/Shang Chi are killers for Elsa just absolutely demolishing two lanes of Angela/Kitty/Bishop etc. at the end of the game.

I’ve also been finding early played Loki’s rough as well, especially if they get my Luke Cage.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Huh, I’ve been using a decent amount of Bludstun in a bounce deck and she seems a good part card. What’s the deck where she’s going rampant like y’all are saying?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The new main menu has some whistling or something going on. I've been playing on PC with the music volume at like 10% while doing other things and it took me ENTIRELY too long to figure out where that whistling was coming from.. I didn't know if I had a ghost or if my neighbor took up a new hobby.

Darke GBF posted:

I have 2 different decks with absurdly low loss rates and I can't decide which I like more, bounce or a more traditional board-filling Forge/Brood/Abs Man build..

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Oct 4, 2023

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Forge/brood/abs man with Elsa just feels unstoppable when it draws well, it's totally ridiculous, I've even been dodging Alioth because if you are using taskmaster on a buffed vision they have no idea which lane you will be playing in

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Debris is probably a pretty good anti-elsa card, as long as you play it at the right time

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

cinnamon rollout posted:

Forge/brood/abs man with Elsa just feels unstoppable when it draws well, it's totally ridiculous, I've even been dodging Alioth because if you are using taskmaster on a buffed vision they have no idea which lane you will be playing in

What's your list?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i just started playing this and its great. im wondering why some times players will snap first round before any cards are down though. ive had it happen maybe 10 or so times now and every time i beat them except once and get an easy 8 points

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Kly posted:

i just started playing this and its great. im wondering why some times players will snap first round before any cards are down though. ive had it happen maybe 10 or so times now and every time i beat them except once and get an easy 8 points

Sometimes I do this when I have a 'win games with a snap' quest, sometimes it makes an opponent retreat earlier.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Kly posted:

The poker equivalent to raising pre-flop. They either have their combo in hand already, are bluffing, are doing the Win X Games with a Snap mission, doing Proving Grounds, or loving around.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

After months of asking for it the most important update came through. Locations emotes are in! I can finally put angry face emotes on Dream Dimension and Mindscape.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Here in district x my power grows...

Aaaahahaha Magik you FOOL

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Did District X also give you Agatha?

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

Kly posted:

i just started playing this and its great. im wondering why some times players will snap first round

Once I started playing for ranks my opponents went from cube piñatas to devilishly cunning with their snaps.

I don't recommend it, took a lot of the fun out of the game

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Quackles posted:

What's your list?

I can't take credit, I got it from dera on YouTube
You might want to watch dera play it and talk about it a little in his vid if you want some tips on how to melt it really pop

cinnamon rollout fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 4, 2023

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

FlamingLiberal posted:

Did District X also give you Agatha?

Yes and I'm so glad "I" got to actually "play" her too.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Marvel SNAP! All cards are bad, because they aren’t Elsa Bloodstone

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Broken cards versus broken cards

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

So there's a Beast variant where he's got horns and is shooting some green lightning from his hands. All I know about Beast came from the 90s X-men show and Dr. Frasier Crane. What happened to Beast?

I should mention I have read a few Marvel titles but grew up a DC fan. I'm a big MCU fan and am familiar with characters but don't know all the lore - and know even less about the X-Men.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

They've done a lot of weird stuff with him since he's been around since day 1 where he was just a big guy on all fours

He's evolved, devolved, cloned, time travelled, basically every plot contrivance you can think of in comics

The horned variant of beast is generally time displaced and insane + mad as hell

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It's an 'all-new' variant so whatever that means

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

New Leaf posted:

What happened to Beast?

Occasionally I see headlines suggesting beast has become some kind of power mad genocidal despot

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
yeah i hear these days he got real fashy

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Mr. Beast? Surely not

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What determines whether a card is Ongoing or not? Like why is Elsa Bloodstone not Ongoing since it's a continuous effect she has?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

CJ posted:

What determines whether a card is Ongoing or not? Like why is Elsa Bloodstone not Ongoing since it's a continuous effect she has?

Seems like stat gains are not ongoing unless they are (devil dinosaur). I think they are worried about mystique being broken.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

CJ posted:

it's ongoing if SD wants the ability to be affected by cards affecting ongoing abilities.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

CJ posted:

It's not continuous, it's triggered when something happens.

Fate Accomplice posted:

it's ongoing if SD wants the ability to be affected by cards affecting ongoing abilities.

Perhaps. But it's not as simple as putting "ongoing" before it, her ability would have to be rewritten.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

CJ posted:

Generally, if a card is a 'when' ("When you play a card here, swap it out" - Lockjaw / "When you fill a lane" - Elsa), it's not an ongoing.

When it's a "while" or a continuously updated calculation ("while this is in a lane, other cards there have +1" - Captain America / "Has +2 power for every card in your hand" - Devil Dino), it's an Ongoing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Quackles posted:

Generally, if a card is a 'when' ("When you play a card here, swap it out" - Lockjaw / "When you fill a lane" - Elsa), it's not an ongoing.

When it's a "while" or a continuously updated calculation ("while this is in a lane, other cards there have +1" - Captain America / "Has +2 power for every card in your hand" - Devil Dino), it's an Ongoing.

We have On Reveal, and Ongoing, not having one for a triggered ability seems like a mistake.