Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It would look horrible and annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

CelticPredator posted:

Sexy

*licks mallet*

Interesting. Dark Lord Sexy or just regular peasant sexy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The kind of sexy that would make John hawthorn bust

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
In light of the inquisition I would like to stress that the question in my custom title is only to identify people who know about witches so I can stay away from them

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I really should not have started paying attention to the continuity of Friday the 13th.

Did you ever think about how they technically take place in an alternate future? There’s a five year time-skip between 1 and 2 ; 2, 3 and 4 are a span of consecutive days ; 5 is actually pretty wonky and theoretically could be anywhere after 4 ; 6 Tommy is a grown-rear end man so it’s been at least 8 years barest minimum. (Likely more) That’s 13* years in the story but the movies come out one per year. So while the movie came out in 1986, inside the movie it’s 1993.

Then 7 loving happens. Bam, opening of the movie we got a young Tina and a calendar on the wall that says October 13. Because of a quirk of the calendar, there are more Friday the 13ths than any other day of the week, but you still only get one in a given month once a decade or so. For reference there is/was/will be a Friday the 13th in October for 1978, 1989, 1995, 2000, 2006, 2017 and 2023.

Absolute earliest, the beginning of 7 takes place in 1995, a whole 6 years after the movie’s release**. And that’s completely ignoring how they built that house and moved in in just two years. But that’s before Tina grows up and we jump forward even further. So really in 7 it’s the mid-2000’s at the earliest, but likely much later.

*Haha
*I never said it was the far future.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah the Friday the 13th timeline does not make sense because when the gently caress is Jason Goes to Hell suppose to happen? The official timeline says 2003 because Freddy Vs Jason was 2003. Which means its 10 years into the future from 1993.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Well that goes into how I noticed that all the official stories are lies…

Also to make this reading make any sense you have to assume they’re undergoing some truly massive climate change what with all the palm trees in New Jersey.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

There's a segment in one of the new Wes Anderson shorts (The Rat Catcher) that teeters dangerously close to horror, and it only makes me more curious what a Wes Anderson horror movie would be like.

You’ve probably seen this but I think it was well done so I’m posting it anyway

https://youtu.be/gfDIAZCwHQE?si=uaWHYhFib8DrQlRk

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
I put on Jeruzalem on a whim and I am regretting it.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Deadite posted:

I put on Jeruzalem on a whim and I am regretting it.

Well they keep threatening a sequel, so get on board now so you don't get left behind!

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
These are some of the worst American accents ever attempted.

And who knew that found footage could be made even worse by adding pop ups over it?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hollismason posted:

They could be innocent !
If the probe goes through they're a witch, if they're innocent God will cause a server glitch of some kind and stop it

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

When I win the lottery, I'm gonna open up a local theater and show A Bucket of Blood and Velvet Buzzsaw as a double feature.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

https://tenor.com/view/pinhead-not-quite-not-quite-pinhead-hellraiser-hell-on-earth-gif-23096446

(Pinhead saying "Not Quite" is always funny)

Shrecknet posted:

When I win the lottery, I'm gonna open up a local theater and show A Bucket of Blood and Velvet Buzzsaw as a double feature.

Hell yeah! It's Miller time.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Why would you show someone Velvet Buzzsaw? That's just mean

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Here's a question, you're 50 minutes into a 1 hr 47 minute horror film. And it's not good, it's kinda boring and stuff. Do you A, soldier on and watch the rest? Or B, figure it's time to put the next 57 mins into another potential winner?

(Yes I'm in the middle of A Blade in The Dark)

I've enjoyed other Lamberto Bava movies, but this feels like he (and the writers) saw Tenebre and just kind of scribbled down some stuff over a weekend and made a really uneventful imitation.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Oct 5, 2023

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Heavy Metal posted:

Here's a question, you're 50 minutes into a 1 hr 47 minute horror film. And it's not good, it's kinda boring and stuff. Do you A, soldier on and watch the rest? Or B, figure it's time to put the next 57 mins into another potential winner?

If you're me watching The Meg 2, you go to bed and have a good long think about how you've been using your limited time on this earth

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Phy posted:

If you're me watching The Meg 2, you go to bed and have a good long think about how you've been using your limited time on this earth

Classic Meg 2 philosophical crisis. I haven't even seen Meg 1 yet!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shrecknet posted:

No amount of money would ever allow a netflix movie to screen at a theater

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

That is exactly why I try to know if the movie is worth my time. Because I am pathologically incapable of not finishing a movie. Once I hit play I gotta see every frame or I’ll just explode or whatever is the threat behind my neuroses.

Also there totally should’ve been a DLC for the Friday the 13th game that would randomly let a dead player respawn as Tina from part 7. Once a counselor dies they respawn into a ghostly other world reflection of the map where they can see the living counselors and Jason but not affect them (or maybe they can turn lights on and off or something very minor to signal the living). As the dead counselors are running around and seeing how it goes, there’s a very small chance they can respawn as Tina. She’s super mid in terms of stats but you have psychic power attacks, modeled as environmental interactions that temporarily stun Jason. Now counselors have a strong incentive to stick around after dying, promoting groups to stay together and play multiple games (a frequent complaint). Also you could do a whole new pack of environmental interactions similar to Freddy’s kills (i.e. the best part of the game). Who wouldn’t want to grab Jason with some underbrush or knock him over with a broom or shove him down a dumbwaiter.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Hollismason posted:

You have been accused! How do you plead?

Um... I plead the fifth. :mildpanic:

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

ruddiger posted:

Say what you will about the Harlin exorcist prequel, but that movie’s opening goes pretty hard.

A couple other things I'll grant Exorcist: The Beginning: our glimpse at an African exorcism is pretty neat, and one amazing plot twist accomplished by the most shameless retcon I think I've ever seen. Oh, and Natalya from Goldeneye!

That said, I'd hesitate to call it a good movie or anything. It's mostly like a more boring Nightmare on Elm Street that takes place in 40s Africa.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Hollismason posted:

You have been accused! How do you plead?

SMITH’S GROVE, ILLINOIS

October 2027

Lunatic moderator HOLLISMASON, having been imprisoned for years for elimination of POSTING ENEMIES, is due for a parole hearing

[Int. station wagon]

M_SINISTRARI
The driveway’s just a few hundred yards up, on your right.

NURSE
Are there any special instructions?

M_SINISTRARI
Just try to understand what we're dealing with here. Don't underestimate it.

NURSE
Is it true, that he tried to mute thread posters, and perhaps even killed some of them?

M_SINISTRARI
Yes.

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Oct 5, 2023

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hollis is hunting witches but he’s been completely blind to the proliferation of VVitches.

Would thou like to post deliciously?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Xiahou Dun posted:

I really should not have started paying attention to the continuity of Friday the 13th.

Did you ever think about how they technically take place in an alternate future? There’s a five year time-skip between 1 and 2 ; 2, 3 and 4 are a span of consecutive days ; 5 is actually pretty wonky and theoretically could be anywhere after 4 ; 6 Tommy is a grown-rear end man so it’s been at least 8 years barest minimum. (Likely more) That’s 13* years in the story but the movies come out one per year. So while the movie came out in 1986, inside the movie it’s 1993.

Then 7 loving happens. Bam, opening of the movie we got a young Tina and a calendar on the wall that says October 13. Because of a quirk of the calendar, there are more Friday the 13ths than any other day of the week, but you still only get one in a given month once a decade or so. For reference there is/was/will be a Friday the 13th in October for 1978, 1989, 1995, 2000, 2006, 2017 and 2023.

Absolute earliest, the beginning of 7 takes place in 1995, a whole 6 years after the movie’s release**. And that’s completely ignoring how they built that house and moved in in just two years. But that’s before Tina grows up and we jump forward even further. So really in 7 it’s the mid-2000’s at the earliest, but likely much later.

*Haha

Okay but do we know for certain that Jason X takes place in the future?

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

ruddiger posted:

Top three popes exorcist moments

pigsorcist shotgun execution
Demon side eye/double pupil gag
Full body blood explosion

The couple of times I'm near certain that Ralph Ineson literally said the word "roar" while making demon sounds.

Flying Zamboni fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Oct 5, 2023

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Jason Takes Manhattan takes place circa 2001.

Jet Fuel can't melt steel beams but a machete could chop them apart

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Edit: quote is not edit

The only explanation for why I made this mistake is that I was clearly ensorcelled by a witch and/or warlock!

Flying Zamboni fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Oct 5, 2023

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FreudianSlippers posted:

Jason Takes Manhattan takes place circa 2001.

Jet Fuel can't melt steel beams but a machete could chop them apart
Jason Voorhees has hit a second boombox!!!!!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Xiahou Dun posted:

*Haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR8YUj3C9lI

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
code:
1. INT. SUBURBAN APARTMENT - NIGHT

WE OPEN on a disheveled goon surrounded by candles, in front of an altar, with a laptop in his lap.

COUNT THRASHULA
      That's it - fall right into my trap...

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

Xiahou Dun posted:

*Haha

The original Universal Mummy films end up doing this too. The last one came out in 1944 but if you do the math on the time jumps that are said to happen between movies it technically takes place in 1997.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Burn them all Hollis

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

M_Sinistrari posted:

Um... I plead the fifth. :mildpanic:

Let the denizens of this town be your witness! Who stands for them?!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I saw everyone from the Snyderdome dancing in the woods last night.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

weekly font posted:

Sorry not my jurisdiction. Try reporting it there but probably nothing will be done.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

weekly font posted:

Please don't out our private wrestling tournaments

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Sorry not my jurisdiction. Try reporting it there but probably nothing will be done.

If there be witches, warlocks, demons, Ghosts, ghouls, etc. it is your jurisdiction

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Why did it take so long for me to watch Shin Godzilla, this loving rules.

[Edit: And I'm watching the English dub, I usually prefer subs but I personally feel that kaiju movies should be in poorly dubbed English, it's just how I was raised.]

PKMN Trainer Red fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Why did it take so long for me to watch Shin Godzilla, this loving rules.

[Edit: And I'm watching the English dub, I usually prefer subs but I personally feel that kaiju movies should be in poorly dubbed English, it's just how I was raised.]
Yeah it was a lot of fun. A movie that's pretty frank about Japan's role as an American vassal state. Still gotta finish Shin Kamen Rider.