Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Spaced God posted:

So uh I guess they bumped my PTO accrual rate because I went to book time off for Thanksgiving and I have 131 hours?

My guy. You can go home!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

External Organs posted:

My guy. You can go home!

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

External Organs posted:

My guy. You can go home!

Nah I got a talking to last time I used PTO same day.

It wasn't a "don't do it" but a very passive aggressive " you know my daughter's job doesn't let her take PTO unless it's two months in advance so don't forget about how good you have it wink wink"

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Spaced God posted:

So uh I guess they bumped my PTO accrual rate because I went to book time off for Thanksgiving and I have 131 hours?

hell yeah triple digit vacation hours buddy! I'm using 40 next week just for the hell of it to sit around on my rear end. :hfive:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Go home and ask his daughter out on a date

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

I am running for President, have a 62 Point lead over Republicans, and am up on Crooked Joe Biden, despite the Democrat Party’s massive Law-fare, Weaponization, and Election Interference efforts, by 4 to 11 Points, but will do whatever is necessary to help with the Speaker of the House selection process, short term, until the final selection of a GREAT REPUBLICAN SPEAKER is made - A Speaker who will help a new, but highly experienced President, ME, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Sounds like he's backing off on the possibility he'll run for Speaker. Sad!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

William Bear posted:

Sounds like he's backing off on the possibility he'll run for Speaker. Sad!

He 100% doesn't want that job lol.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

coward trump strikes again

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Trump cares about flying on cool planes, driving around in cool limos, serving happy meals at the white house, and randomly killing foreign military leaders with air strikes.

He does not give two shits about being in boring meetings with the worst people he's ever met and calling a vote on a bill.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
economy update:

just saw a job posting at my company today for a $43,000 a year position, masters degree preferred

todays college kids are soooooo hosed

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

economy update:

just saw a job posting at my company today for a $43,000 a year position, masters degree preferred

You're not thinking with scale. Take one 43k job, okay, then take 9 more: BOOM 430K per year, retire in three years.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

The Nastier Nate posted:

economy update:

you can make more as a school teacher with a masters lmao...I think?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

UFOTacoMan posted:

hahahaha just kill me now

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

UFOTacoMan posted:

Not much more

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

mdemone posted:

coward trump strikes again

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I meant to post a picture.

Trmmmb

I bought that same cutting board from Bed Bath and Beyond like 10 years ago for $10

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I meant to post a picture.

Trmmmb

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

economy update:

shoulda mastered something better, the fools!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

personally, I would just not make foolish decisions

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

AxGrap posted:

That looks great, how much did you have to take off? My cutting board deserves this treatment.

belt sander to knock all the gunk/junk off - board was in bad shape when I found it. Then random orbital for a little bit. I probably spend 15-20 minutes sanding. wiped it down with a dry cloth, blasted w air compressor, popped it in the oven on low for a bit, then slowly started adding layers of mineral oil until it wouldn't take any more.

RVWinkle posted:

I bought that same cutting board from Bed Bath and Beyond like 10 years ago for $10

I found this one in a basement for free.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

emfive posted:

when I was very young I read "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" and then I saw the movie and I was deeply offended by how much the film trashed the story.

you see? reading only led to disappointment

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

I also just got a new job.

Looking forward to it, actually!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

getting a master's degree on your own dime seems pretty crazy to me because so many engineering companies will pay for your tuition to get a master's degree. choosing to stay in the employee incubator for an extra 2% of your life? no thanks!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
He sure is really stuck on this $18 million valuation thing.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I also just got a new job.

Looking forward to it, actually!

:stoked:

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Spaced God posted:

Nah I got a talking to last time I used PTO same day.

It wasn't a "don't do it" but a very passive aggressive " you know my daughter's job doesn't let her take PTO unless it's two months in advance so don't forget about how good you have it wink wink"

Yea that sounds illegal to me

Euphronius?

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Hatebag posted:

getting a master's degree on your own dime seems pretty crazy to me because so many engineering companies will pay for your tuition to get a master's degree. choosing to stay in the employee incubator for an extra 2% of your life? no thanks!

the golden rule: always use someone else’s money

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
I'm going to make my 100% unique pizza sauce and I'm going to take pictures for my friends in Toopdom

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

emfive posted:

Euphronius?

PTO is not at all covered by any labor laws or regulations and we are merely gifted it by the grace of capitalism who can snatch it away on a whim.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Red Baron posted:

the golden rule: always use someone else’s money

yep yep. your time, their dime

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

emfive posted:

Euphronius?

I'm in Florida if I get fired I'm pretty sure I'm legally obligated to say thank you or else my boss can legally kill me

gregday
May 23, 2003

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

unlimited pto schemes are so good a grift I’m surprised it took them this long to come up with it

you: “how much pto do I have??”

hr: “i dunno how much do you want??”

better not say a bad number!

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

lol, the lawyer desperately trying to stop Rudy from slandering someone

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

pto laws mostly have to do with whether companies can have a use it or lose it policy and if they have to pay out accrued pto upon termination and related issues. the rest is up to agreements you sign with the company which boils down to you need to be able to manipulate your boss into doing whatever you want.
hatebag's advice: put all your stats in charisma and wear a fancy ring, then you can do whatever you want!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1709898892551111164?s=20

"until at least mid-November 2024", lmaooo

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

at my job i can use pto to take off early and get paid the rest of the day, in fact, sometimes it's encouraged if someone racked up too much overtime and our labor budget is looking dire because pto gets paid out of the benefits expenses instead

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

hm I wonder what happens early November.... oh well, probably nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

at least Rudy only has to wait until 2025 before Biden has to answer to this suit