Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Zurtilik posted:

The only job I ever got through a connection was one time I worked in a mail room and they fired someone and brought their stuff down and I joked "Does that mean there's an opening?".

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

The Nastier Nate posted:

i have to assume that half of all jobs posted that arent like complete garbage or entry level already have a candidate in mind but they have to go through the motions so it looks above board

Most of the postings on indeed are from agencies and are super suspicious and I found out the most recent guy we were going to hire got canceled because somehow there was an agency involved? Even though he's local and I literally work with him at another hospital and I was trying to figure out why the gently caress he was using an agency (I think the most likely answer is that they somehow middlemaned his application via one of these sketchy postings). We didn't hire him because the hospital would have had to pay a $25,000 finders fee to the agency. I was like wtf just tell them to gently caress off and I referred him we literally work together at the other hospital, but then boss said no its a binding 1 year thing before he could reapply or else we gotta pay and I don't see how that could possibly be enforceable.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

my company vaguely made an effort to get people back on the office a few days a week and everyone just said "yeah, ok, sure" and continued working from home and even my boss said nobody cares so i haven't been in for a month or so. wfh ftw

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

RealityWarCriminal posted:

pleas stop talking about work it makes me want to be dead

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
First job I got out of college after a year and a half of soul crushing job applications with no results during the Obamna years was because of my dad rizzing up the redhead at the ortho office.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hatebag posted:

my company vaguely made an effort to get people back on the office a few days a week and everyone just said "yeah, ok, sure" and continued working from home and even my boss said nobody cares so i haven't been in for a month or so. wfh ftw

my company finally gave up and is not renewing the second floor of our office so there's literally not enough room to bring everyone back anymore even if someone really wanted to

so eat my rear end, corporate real-estate holders

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

i was denied a job that would've gotten me out of sc because a company didn't want to be seen as poaching from my company. probably would have improved my life a lot lmao

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

i got one job through a recruiter long ago and I'll never do that again. what a pain in the rear end, that whole industry should be illegal. it provides no value! it's like health insurance

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Asproigerosis posted:

Most of the postings on indeed are from agencies and are super suspicious and I found out the most recent guy we were going to hire got canceled because somehow there was an agency involved? Even though he's local and I literally work with him at another hospital and I was trying to figure out why the gently caress he was using an agency (I think the most likely answer is that they somehow middlemaned his application via one of these sketchy postings). We didn't hire him because the hospital would have had to pay a $25,000 finders fee to the agency. I was like wtf just tell them to gently caress off and I referred him we literally work together at the other hospital, but then boss said no its a binding 1 year thing before he could reapply or else we gotta pay and I don't see how that could possibly be enforceable.

no one wants to work anymore

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

id probably be living in downtown monterey. and have a lot less money

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

there's an opening in the house of reps

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

my company finally gave up and is not renewing the second floor of our office so there's literally not enough room to bring everyone back anymore even if someone really wanted to

so eat my rear end, corporate real-estate holders

oh yeah they were briefly talking about hot-cubicling lol
the only people that need to be there are the receptionist and the guy who pushes the reset button on the server, everyone else is just there because they wanna get out of the house

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

William Bear posted:

In Trumo veritas.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

A Capitol rioter who was dubbed "Conan O'Riot" due to his similarity to late-night comedian Conan O'Brien has been arrested by the FBI, NBC News reported.

Derek Nelson, a former Marine, now faces four misdemeanor charges in relation to the Jan. 6, 2021 Capitol riot.

Nelson was released on his own recognizance on Wednesday and was ordered not to travel outside the continental U.S. without court approval. He was also banned from possessing a firearm, destructive device or any other weapon.

Nelson was dressed in a colonial outfit on Jan. 6, with "a brown tricorn hat along with a blue double-breasted button coat and red or maroon undershirt with a white scarf around his neck," according to the FBI.

In one video from the riot, a person behind the camera asks Nelson why he's there.

"To start a revolution," Nelson said. "Why are you here?”

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

stuff like that should be illegal but this is America baby :chaostrump:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-AjzjKcQKc

work!
work!
work!
work!
work!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Bethamphetamine posted:

A Capitol rioter who was dubbed "Conan O'Riot" due to his similarity to late-night comedian Conan O'Brien has been arrested by the FBI, NBC News reported.

Derek Nelson, a former Marine, now faces four misdemeanor charges in relation to the Jan. 6, 2021 Capitol riot.

Nelson was released on his own recognizance on Wednesday and was ordered not to travel outside the continental U.S. without court approval. He was also banned from possessing a firearm, destructive device or any other weapon.

Nelson was dressed in a colonial outfit on Jan. 6, with "a brown tricorn hat along with a blue double-breasted button coat and red or maroon undershirt with a white scarf around his neck," according to the FBI.

In one video from the riot, a person behind the camera asks Nelson why he's there.

lol these people really thought they were doing a Lexington and Concord by booking private flights and staying at a nice hotel in Virginia

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

eat my rear end, corporate real-estate holders

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Hatebag posted:

i got one job through a recruiter long ago and I'll never do that again. what a pain in the rear end, that whole industry should be illegal. it provides no value! it's like health insurance

I was recruited by a bank once to be an estates liquidator, which would have been a cool job except they made me do 4 interviews then cut the pay below the amount I already made. I explained to them I had no motivation to leave my job for another, lower paying job and they harassed me for a month trying to get me to change my mind.

It made me so angry I asked to talk to the recruiters manager and tore them a new rear end in a top hat over the phone.

Anyways, the 2008 financial crisis was 6 months later and I would've probably gotten laid off then anyways.

Apr 7, 2003

After their Shot Heard 'Round the World failed, they all went to Olive Garden. lmao

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I tell this story frequently and its not like everyone here doesnt know it already but

my parents came to this country in the late 70s. my dad was a high school dropout in the old country and my mom barely finished high school before her family got the hell out of dodge of the USSR

but they were able to buy a 3 bed room home, 2 cars, raise 2 kids and put them thru college, we took a vacation ever year and my mom only worked part time. (the biggest saving grace was my dad worked nights and my mom worked day so they never had to pay for daycare)

when i was married, my wife and i were doing pretty good, but not amazing. but we had 5 college degrees between the 2 of us, both full time white collar jobs. If it was 1975 we'd be spending our summers lighting cuban cigars with $100 bills on our yacht. instead we were taking half-assed vacations cause she had a conference in Florida where her airfare and hotel were paid for.

it's wild much hosed millenials are compare to our parents and completely incomprehnsible to imagine how hosed my kids will be

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I love that they showed up and their strong manly hero trump was cowering inside a bunker lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

Guns are bad.

yeah but everyone has one

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

I tell this story frequently and its not like everyone here doesnt know it already but

my parents came to this country in the late 70s. my dad was a high school dropout in the old country and my mom barely finished high school before her family got the hell out of dodge of the USSR

but they were able to buy a 3 bed room home, 2 cars, raise 2 kids and put them thru college, we took a vacation ever year and my mom only worked part time. (the biggest saving grace was my dad worked nights and my mom worked day so they never had to pay for daycare)

when i was married, my wife and i were doing pretty good, but not amazing. but we had 5 college degrees between the 2 of us, both full time white collar jobs. If it was 1975 we'd be spending our summers lighting cuban cigars with $100 bills on our yacht. instead we were taking half-assed vacations cause she had a conference in Florida where her airfare and hotel were paid for.

it's wild much hosed millenials are compare to our parents and completely incomprehnsible to imagine how hosed my kids will be

even my staunchly right-wing dad is coming around to things being hosed because my younger brother (the baby of the family and long the apple of my father's eye) is basically so crippled by student debt that he is more incentivized to live without a job in my parents house than even attempt to work because the loan payments will cripple them both (my parents co-signed them)

there are no boots, let alone straps on those boots with which to pull

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

cornel west noooo

Apr 7, 2003

My wife works with a lot of lawyers and many of them are lawyers because their parents were lawyers. A significant amount of them are in crazy levels of debt that stress them out because whoops, turns out a lawyer's income in the 2020s doesn't buy what it bought their parents in the eighties or nineties.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

a helpful bear posted:

I love that they showed up and their strong manly hero trump was cowering inside a bunker lol

didn’t it come out recently that he was chanting “hang Mike Pence” along with the crowd while he watched it on tv?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Another Bill posted:

I was recruited by a bank once to be an estates liquidator, which would have been a cool job except they made me do 4 interviews then cut the pay below the amount I already made. I explained to them I had no motivation to leave my job for another, lower paying job and they harassed me for a month trying to get me to change my mind.

It made me so angry I asked to talk to the recruiters manager and tore them a new rear end in a top hat over the phone.

Anyways, the 2008 financial crisis was 6 months later and I would've probably gotten laid off then anyways.

yeah, their job is to trick you into being their wage serf one way or another. it's hosed up and it makes applying for jobs, which loving sucks on its own, much worse. it exclusively benefits the recruiting companies but mostly to the detriment of employees so it's here to stay. not good!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Hatebag posted:

many such grifts

Apr 7, 2003

VideoKid posted:

didn’t it come out recently that he was chanting “hang Mike Pence” along with the crowd while he watched it on tv?

as usual, Trump is right for the wrong reasons

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

The Nastier Nate posted:

Lol yeah my mom was one of seven children raised on a single salary household where my grandfather worked for the post office.

The worst part is he's completely maga brained now thanks for fox news brainwashing for decades so he thinks my generation is entitled and spoiled and the immigrants are the reason for everything being lovely.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

The Nastier Nate posted:

I try not to think about this every day but it's a very invasive thought

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

this is all very depressing I think I'm going to take a very warm bath to put this out of mind

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

the collapse of the ussr has really allowed neoliberalismania to run wild.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL9yi4Q6QMI

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

"The courthouse I was in today, it's disgusting. It smells. You had cables running across all the walls. It's a disgrace and the fact that that's a representation of our legal system," he said. "You see the same thing at airports. I mean, how many times do you fly through an airport and you see acoustical airport tiles that are falling down, right?"

The younger Trump went on to claim that now-former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) should have let the federal government shut down because it can't do anything right. "Do I think it was a mistake not shutting down the government? 100 percent. They should've," he said. "We are running a $2 trillion deficit and our bridges are falling down and our roads suck and our trains are antiquated, they are from the 1950s."

"You look at China where they are building these bullet trains that go 300 miles per hour, we are falling behind the rest of the world," he added.

Eric Trump coming out in favor of robust, modern public transportation

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Bethamphetamine posted:

Lmao I'm sure that no firearms part of the order is being enforced.

Euphronius I have a legal question what does the court do when they do these bail orders and it's psychopath American right wingers with hundreds of guns????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the people who did the American revolution are the same as the J6ers