Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

petit choux posted:

hey, I wanted to check in just to apologize to everybody for what appear to be increasing fits of temper here and elsewhere, I am trying to stop posting so much and to maintain more self control. If I have been rude to you or to your friends, well I'm living in self-imposed forum exile RN and trying to better myself. So I think it's especially Insane Clown Pussy and Bebop that I owe an apology to. I'm sorry that I lost my temper and hopefully you will not have any more trouble from me. I suppose I owe one to everybody here really for getting all F5 and hanging on everybody's last word, and I'm going to also try to not post as much. I also have anger issues out the rear end and trying to get a handle on that, at least to not get into arguments with people on forums. I'm just a mess and I'm sorry.

It’s fine, forums are for yelling at people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

so many deals happen at MAL. it's a historical location. surprised there's no plaque yet

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

mdemone posted:

skill issue

Sorry I don’t like your favorite book nerd. Thanks for insulting my intelligence

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

DryGoods posted:

Blood Meridian is a "Great Book" for the type of person that reads out every word in a loud whisper while the rest of the train tries not to stare at them. If you're the type of reader that roughly slathers their finger with their tongue to turn the page, you're gonna love this book!

you won't trigger me rear end in a top hat

Apr 7, 2003

How long until the next great Harton meltdown? Place your bets here!

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

mdemone posted:

this is an objectively bad opinion. do not share it again.

not surprised your wife fled in the opposite direction

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Harton posted:

Sorry I don’t like your favorite book nerd. Thanks for insulting my intelligence

this is called "appropriate social shaming" when it comes to Actual Classic Works of American Literature

sorry I will not brook this. do your homework Harton

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Harton posted:

not surprised your wife fled in the opposite direction

many such cases?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

mdemone posted:

if you are serious: perhaps try the audiobook

it's honestly a better way. the prose lends itself to oratory. hard to read, easy to hear.

I read it years ago and then went back and did the audiobook a year or two ago.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
There's only one book worth reading: The Art of the Deal

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Harton posted:

Skill doesn't equal intelligence, don't demean yourself

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It’s fine, forums are for yelling at people

A tru post

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Harton posted:

I read it years ago and then went back and did the audiobook a year or two ago.

well at least there's that. I can appreciate the effort, I retract my barbs

Apr 7, 2003

I figured out today why the boomers have so much money, I got a $96k check because I lived in a lovely house in a lovely neighborhood for eight years. Had I spent up to my absolute max back in 2015 I’d have gotten a bigger check. What a loving scam this country is.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

trusmpet trinko

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

More like blood MIDridian

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
hey gang I did not take a picture of the finished pizza because I was really hungry. It looked like a pizza, round with cheese on top and slightly browned, what Italians call "croccante" (crunchy, basically)

12" bar pizza pan is now one of my favorite kitchen things, I love it so much. I am not scrubbing it with soap because I want to build up some layers of oil.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

emfive posted:

hey gang I did not take a picture of the finished pizza because I was really hungry. It looked like a pizza, round with cheese on top and slightly browned, what Italians call "croccante" (crunchy, basically)

12" bar pizza pan is now one of my favorite kitchen things, I love it so much. I am not scrubbing it with soap because I want to build up some layers of oil.

got a before description?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I figured out today why the boomers have so much money, I got a $96k check because I lived in a lovely house in a lovely neighborhood for eight years. Had I spent up to my absolute max back in 2015 I’d have gotten a bigger check. What a loving scam this country is.

Shut up about your paycheck bitch

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

goth smoking cloves posted:

More like blood MIDridian

The truth about the world...is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it all from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Hatebag posted:

a lot of the fentanyl is probably being distributed by the cia/dea/special forces psychopaths all of whom are technically subordinate to the president, so he's not wrong

Yeah, when I was working in NC court system I was blown away by how many people were destroying themselves with it, but then I realized this was the game plan. They made marijuana virtually impossible to purchase but somehow they can never find the guys distributing the fent.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

mdemone posted:

well at least there's that. I can appreciate the effort, I retract my barbs

I don’t, you’re an rear end in a top hat

Apr 7, 2003

titty_baby_ posted:

Shut up about your paycheck bitch

Eat some bird poo poo about it

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
do you ever think it's weird that all drug names are just marketing nonsense words?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

lol at anyone who cares enough about something to defend it on the internet

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Harton posted:

I don’t, you’re an rear end in a top hat

well I was about to PM you and assure you I was teasing

check my regdate. this is how we talk here.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

DrPossum posted:

do you ever think it's weird that all drug names are just marketing nonsense words?

zaljanz changed my life

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Harton posted:

lol at anyone who cares enough about something to defend it on the internet

great literature? yeah, that might be the only thing humanity has left going for it.

Apr 7, 2003

DrPossum posted:

That’s deliberate so they’re trademarkable, eg Bell Atlantic becoming Verizon

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
You going to let him talk to you like that?

Hmm.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i miss the old days when we'd watch him do an utterly insane 2 hour presser

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

triple sulk posted:

i miss the old days when we'd watch him do an utterly insane 2 hour presser

that press conference you like is coming back in style

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Why hasn't this been shopped into that Hillary video that already has Rudy photoshopped in?!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i read blood meridian for the first time this summer and i found myself getting really depressed and i took a bit of a personal audit thinking "what's new? are my meds still working" and i just put the book down for a couple weeks and i felt a lot better lol

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
People online like a lot of crazy stuff and defend it to the death. I'm happy for them.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
didjgle k florp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I thought Blood Meridian was okay. I'll go back from time to time and read different parts, but I've never done a full rereading of it.