Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Deck seems decent for the first run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Infinite Karma posted:

I'm upset that some cards don't have any/any good shop variants. I like Nimrod, I like Iron Lad, I like Legion, and I'm just out of luck if I want a cool variant for them (especially Nimrod who literally doesn't have any shop variants).

Nimrod does have a shop variant!

For 5000 Tokens. :smith:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Infinite Karma posted:

I'm upset that some cards don't have any/any good shop variants. I like Nimrod, I like Iron Lad, I like Legion, and I'm just out of luck if I want a cool variant for them (especially Nimrod who literally doesn't have any shop variants).

That Hipp variant being a season pass is bullshit

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
So Valley of the Hand can bring back a Yondu’d card, but if X-23 or Wolverine are Yondu’d, they don’t trigger? Hm.

Edit: Well, it also can destroy Colossus, so who knows.

Nybble fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 6, 2023

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Hmmm yeah lockjaw's just not fun in the Elsa & alioth meta. I'm already playing slots with zero control cards so it's just auto lose. Feels bad.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i had read that you cant get cards by spending money and everything was cosmetic but it looks like if you buy premium you get a free card. was that just an outdated/wrong thing i saw?
i reread what i saw and it says "you can't even spend real money to directly acquire new cards" i guess IGN doesnt think a month sub is paying directly for cards

is there a reason to keep playing for the day after youve done all the missions you have? it doesnt seem like you get anything other than ranks and maybe a tiny bit of progress on the season points. ive been playing on and off all day because its so fun but i want to know if its doing anything for me in game

Kly fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 6, 2023

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I often play when I'm out of rewards because its fun

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Kly posted:

i had read that you cant get cards by spending money and everything was cosmetic but it looks like if you buy premium you get a free card. was that just an outdated/wrong thing i saw?
i reread what i saw and it says "you can't even spend real money to directly acquire new cards" i guess IGN doesnt think a month sub is paying directly for cards

is there a reason to keep playing for the day after youve done all the missions you have? it doesnt seem like you get anything other than ranks and maybe a tiny bit of progress on the season points. ive been playing on and off all day because its so fun but i want to know if its doing anything for me in game

You can bring rank or play conquest!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Kly posted:

You are earning boosters, of course!

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Kly posted:

You get a small amount of xp to your battle pass thing each game until you play for 10 hours a day or something so if you did that each day it would probably add up.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Snazzy Frocks posted:

You are earning boosters, of course!

What are boosters?

I tried my first silver conquest and I got matched against a guy with a profile pic, title and entire deck id never seen before other than odin. Sunspot, Leader, Doom, Daredevil, Jubilee, Wave, and a few others I dont remember. They seemed way better than my cards but i managed to beat him!

game is very addicting, i planned on playing more disco elysium this evening but ended up playing this instead.
im using these guys right now and went from rank 30 to 45 today.

# (1) Hawkeye
# (1) Rocket Raccoon
# (1) Yondu
# (2) Forge
# (2) Medusa
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Groot
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) White Tiger
# (6) Odin

seeing all these marvel chracters really makes me miss the Marvel Heroes diablolike

Kly fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 6, 2023

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Got infinite...

First from 70 to 90 with:

* Sunspot
* Nebula
* Misty Knight
* Jeff!
* MMM
* Storm
* Wave
* Cyclops
* High Evo
* Alioth
* Dr Doom
* Hulk

That kinda stopped working so then I hosed around with several things, mostly Elsa-related, but finally landed on what turns out to be almost the same deck:

Out:
< MMM
< Dr Doom

In:
> Iron Lad
> Prof X

And that got me to infinite. Not easy.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kly posted:

What's even better is Ben Brode used to have an ad where he talked about how you couldn't just spend money to buy every card in the game. And then they made it possible to do exactly that.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I believe there was a site where you could see the top meta decks and load in your collection in order to see what decks you had access to and such? I've been looking around Google and not finding anything that stood out like HSReplay did for Hearthstone for showing the current Meta and recommendations :(

Mostly I just see aggregates of every random person on the internets current lovely deck.

From what I've seen, apparently a destruction deck isn't considered very good, but it's served me pretty well the latter half of last season, and I'm doing well'ish this time.

For the first time I got to Gold in Conquest and was doing well until I got blown out by someone with ridiculous luck on his combo. He did mostly nothing, and I forget the combo enabler, but it was dropping Modok on Turn 6, and having Hela revealed after (Was it a Magik turn 7)?, but he just revived all his big hitters, Infinaut and the others that are just ridiculous cards you can't play multiple of generally.

He beat me once being cocky for 8, then I whittled him down to 3 cubes, and finally he won with another luck draw to get that combo and I had nothing I could do in response. :(

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
MarvelSnapZone and snap.fan have those deck aggregators, but you have to sort by Games Played>Descending, or Win Rate, or Cube rate etc. MarvelSnapZone post the most successful decks in their articles every other day or so, that's what I usually use.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
there's also untapped.gg, which is by the hsreplay people

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I believe there was a site where you could see the top meta decks and load in your collection in order to see what decks you had access to and such? I've been looking around Google and not finding anything that stood out like HSReplay did for Hearthstone for showing the current Meta and recommendations :(

Mostly I just see aggregates of every random person on the internets current lovely deck.

From what I've seen, apparently a destruction deck isn't considered very good, but it's served me pretty well the latter half of last season, and I'm doing well'ish this time.

For the first time I got to Gold in Conquest and was doing well until I got blown out by someone with ridiculous luck on his combo. He did mostly nothing, and I forget the combo enabler, but it was dropping Modok on Turn 6, and having Hela revealed after (Was it a Magik turn 7)?, but he just revived all his big hitters, Infinaut and the others that are just ridiculous cards you can't play multiple of generally.

He beat me once being cocky for 8, then I whittled him down to 3 cubes, and finally he won with another luck draw to get that combo and I had nothing I could do in response. :(

you may have been hit with the invisible woman modok hela play - invisible woman stops cards from revealing until the end of the game, so you can tuck a modok behind her without worrying about modok discarding hela, then tuck hela in after modok. if you do that, then when the game ends both cards will resolve in sequence and let you dump your hand and revive it without risking hela

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

quite stretched out posted:

you may have been hit with the invisible woman modok hela play - invisible woman stops cards from revealing until the end of the game, so you can tuck a modok behind her without worrying about modok discarding hela, then tuck hela in after modok. if you do that, then when the game ends both cards will resolve in sequence and let you dump your hand and revive it without risking hela

Also by using Crystal, Magik and Iron Lad you're guaranteed access to every card in your deck. If you draw MODOK but not Hela, you play MODOK on 5 and Iron Lad on 6 and either draw Hela on 7 or copy her with Lad. If you draw Hela but not MODOK, you play Iron Lad on 4/5 and then MODOK if you draw him or Hela if you still haven't.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Alioth is loving horseshit. "Let's just remake pre-nerf Aero!" said nobody ever

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

It should be noted that this is one of the many combos in the game that the opponent always manages to pull off but you can never get to work

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I gambled on a cache and got Thanos and now I feel stupid that it could easily have not been Thanos

Why does it feel so bad to collect cards in what is ostensibly a CCG? Surely it wasn't always like this

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It used to be different. You could earn around 6,000 tokens per month, enough to buy any Series 5 card you wanted. Series 4 cards also showed up randomly in caches once you were in Pool 3; 1 in every 40 were guaranteed to be a Series 4. You could even gain Series 5 cards this way, but at a much higher rate. Furthermore, cards were dropped from Series 5 to 4 to 3 on a regular schedule, with some notable exceptions.

Unfortunately, this all made the game too free to play friendly. So, all of that was scrapped for the poo poo we have now. I'm sure it was a complete coincidence that at the same time spotlights were introduced, the limitations on how much money you could spend on the game daily were also removed.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

The ad where Brode specifically mentioned that you are restricted from whaling to get the best cards is what got me to try this out and it turns out that... that was a complete lie?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
If they really wanted to do that, they’d make every card available (like Netrunner) for a flat price, and all the variants cost X amount.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It's an old ad. It used to be true. You could only buy the max amount of credits something like 3 times a day, which is about $300 I think. Now you can spend as much as you want, so if you want to whale for $1,000 or $10,000 or more, you can.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also, you couldn't upgrade cards with gold. The changes to the monetization were a large part of why I quit for several months.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

This is exactly it. Across 6 games, he got it twice.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
When do you think they'll make Nebula a 1-0?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Never, nebula is one of the most fair cards out there. Plenty of counters, but can be good if not addressed.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I've now played 40 games of C2 this season according to my stat tracker and M'baku has not jumped out of my deck a single time :argh:

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Reek posted:

I've now played 40 games of C2 this season according to my stat tracker and M'baku has not jumped out of my deck a single time :argh:

They need a 1 cost that you can use along with Howard the duck with the ability to put the top card to the bottom of your deck. Or maybe buff Howard since he isn't even used in iron lad decks

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
If I had Howard he might actually be a decent swap for M'baku for all of those games where the opponent snaps on turn 5 and you need to know if you are drawing Cerbro or Mystique on six to pull out the win

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Reek posted:

If I had Howard he might actually be a decent swap for M'baku for all of those games where the opponent snaps on turn 5 and you need to know if you are drawing Cerbro or Mystique on six to pull out the win

Does Howard have a place he usually hangs out? I would dig a location that gives each player a Howard at the end of turn 4 or something.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

flatluigi posted:

there's also untapped.gg, which is by the hsreplay people

Ended up trying untapped.gg which seems to have a lot of paywalled stuff, but it still suggested a few updates to my Destruction deck that seem to have improved it's playstyle significantly, and works much more consistent, even though the cards I removed seemed good, they weren't this good.

If anything, the Untapped.gg deck suggestions informed me on just how many cards I thought I didn't own that I actually do ( Taskmaster, Sera, Mister Negative, etc. )

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Walla posted:

Also, you couldn't upgrade cards with gold. The changes to the monetization were a large part of why I quit for several months.

Good news, it's bugged so you can't upgrade with gold (at the moment).

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I just had the greatest interaction - dude plays Galactus on Danger Room, world explodes.. Danger Room zaps Galactus. We now both have 0 cards on turn 6. I randomly get priority, drop Alioth.. kaboom, win. Thanks, Danger Room!

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

New Leaf posted:

I just had the greatest interaction - dude plays Galactus on Danger Room, world explodes.. Danger Room zaps Galactus. We now both have 0 cards on turn 6. I randomly get priority, drop Alioth.. kaboom, win. Thanks, Danger Room!

The truly greatest interaction would be Danger Room zapping your Alioth too for the tie.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Had a game where someone dropped Galactus on Rickety Bridge… against my X23 in a different lane.

I think they were so embarrassed they didn’t even retreat and just gave me the 8 cubes.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I finally did it. I finally dropped my Taskmaster right onto a Cosmo with complete confidence.

And then I triumphantly dropped my Taskmaster in another game right after getting rid of that pesky Widow's Bite from my hand, but I somehow actually won that one still.

It's a wonder I can even see past my giant red nose to play this game on my phone sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Nikumatic posted:

I finally did it. I finally dropped my Taskmaster right onto a Cosmo with complete confidence.

yesterday I intended to short circuit a confident magik player on 6 by dropping legion and finishing the game early.

I filled the other two lanes on turn 5, so legion's only spot was...limbo.