Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Antigravitas posted:

Apropos of nothing in particular: Do you dare to look at a Bild from 2003?

Well, that's just Dieter Bohlen with a wig.
I don't understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Antigravitas posted:

Apropos of nothing in particular: Do you dare to look at a Bild from 2003?

I don’t really dare to look at Bild no matter the year. :v:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Tarquinn posted:

I don’t really dare to look at Bild no matter the year. :v:

The only thing worse for me is looking at a Spiegel. :v:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
why the gently caress she say gently caress us for?!?! :gonk:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1710060083042795616

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
And her job: German ambassador in New York.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
what are the chances she thought they were Russians, I'm not good with how languages sound

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Maybe she was upset by the "But our weapons might be used to strike the Kerch bridge" bullshit.

Send the Taurus, Scholz, you coward.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Zwille posted:

what are the chances she thought they were Russians, I'm not good with how languages sound

Zero, she asks them if they're German at the start of the video. Have no idea what's going on with her otherwise even after watching that though lmao

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Bel Shazar posted:

Maybe she was upset by the "But our weapons might be used to strike the Kerch bridge" bullshit.

Send the Taurus, Scholz, you coward.

:hmmyes:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

from the article, she might’ve been your standard jersey republican xenophobe whose anger, sadness, and drunkenness over the jets’ near loss unleashed her inner thoughts. sounds like she was going home from the game.

football does things to people here.

otherwise, no idea.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Goa Tse-tung posted:

why the gently caress she say gently caress us for?!?! :gonk:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1710060083042795616

I’m hope an immigrant gets her job.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I got a few hours to spend in Bremen next Monday around noon. Can anybody recommend some touristy stuff to do, and a good place to eat lunch?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

I liked http://www.veganbar.de for burgers and for touristy stuff people seem to love standing on the bridge with the windmill and you can watch people sit down next to Loriot and snort a line of cocaine if that's your thing and you're lucky

e: Schnoorviertel is neat too

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Yeah, Schnoorvierten and the small streets off the Roland Platz are nice if expensive. Relatively little pee and vomit everywhere, too.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Tried to get an appointment for a skin cancer screening and to check some recent skin alterations at a Praxis with 5 doctors.

January 19th 2024.
Better hope it's not cancer (my dad has Basalioma, although his probably stems from sailing around the mediterranean sea in the 80's a lot)

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

mcbexx posted:

Tried to get an appointment for a skin cancer screening and to check some recent skin alterations at a Praxis with 5 doctors.

January 19th 2024.
Better hope it's not cancer (my dad has Basalioma, although his probably stems from sailing around the mediterranean sea in the 80's a lot)

NOW you're telling me??

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Post a pic here or in goon doctor. Maybe we can help

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

VictualSquid posted:

I got a few hours to spend in Bremen next Monday around noon. Can anybody recommend some touristy stuff to do, and a good place to eat lunch?
The Deutsche Auswanderhaus (House of German Emmigration) was quite an interesting visit. There’s also the German Maritime Museum right around the corner.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Just after posting my Bremen question, I got an email that the meeting I was going for will have to be rescheduled. Everybody caught the rona, I suppose. Not sure if I still get the large tourism break next time.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

just go anyway, now you have ALL the time off.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

That's kind of funny because the last time I was in Bremen I caught the roni too

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

mcbexx posted:

Tried to get an appointment

"Tried" as in you made a private phone call?

Here is my experience (I had a not-the-same-but-similar experience recently):
Local help agencies have the connections to get you an early appointment.

By this I mean e.g.
- Caritas
- Städtisches Gesundheitsamt
- (depending who is strongly represented in your location)

It might be extra effort, but at least ime. you can get a very early Termin through these channels.

Again, might be highliy location-dependent.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

abelwingnut posted:

from the article, she might’ve been your standard jersey republican xenophobe whose anger, sadness, and drunkenness over the jets’ near loss unleashed her inner thoughts. sounds like she was going home from the game.

football does things to people here.

otherwise, no idea.

Thank Jehova that European football fans are quite different and very respectful

:ohno:

Magic City Monday
Dec 5, 2016

Spin And Speed posted:

"Tried" as in you made a private phone call?

Here is my experience (I had a not-the-same-but-similar experience recently):
Local help agencies have the connections to get you an early appointment.

By this I mean e.g.
- Caritas
- Städtisches Gesundheitsamt
- (depending who is strongly represented in your location)

It might be extra effort, but at least ime. you can get a very early Termin through these channels.

Again, might be highliy location-dependent.

Also, if you're not in some Dorf, Doctolib should show you a dermatologist somewhere in your city offering appointments before January.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Plus if you say you’re worried and it looks bad that might help too. Got an appointment the next day a couple years back

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

psa: don't go on Twitter today, not just because it's run by a Nazi, but because there's probably tons of Germans out there tweeting poo poo like 'Solidarität mit Israel', and you really don't want that to ruin your day, not least because you can't block them all

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Venomous posted:

psa: don't go on Twitter today, not just because it's run by a Nazi, but because there's probably tons of Germans out there tweeting poo poo like 'Solidarität mit Israel', and you really don't want that to ruin your day, not least because you can't block them all

not using Twitter as a news source saves me, yet again

(my Twitter feed only had 35 new items today, and none of them are related to politics, or even in German)

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

It's really bad. There's a Tagesschau tweet from today that is ratio'd like 5 times over and already has a community note (normally these take a couple of days to get enough votes). The crime? Calling Hamas "Kämpfer" instead of "Terroristen" lmao

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Who else is really excited for some Landtagswahl-results that will definitely be an Abstrafung of the increasingly-xenophobic discourse that parties have incorporated because it's "salonfähig"?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Cool result. Definitely not troubling.
Can't wait for the Koalition von Freie Wähler und AfD in Bayerns future.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

the CSU's only going to win like five more seats at the most with 37% of the vote and no FDP in the Landtag, right

lmao, they're going to fall just short of a majority. again

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The SPD is gonna look at these results and conclude "gotta get more racist".

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
Don't stop at two, please.

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

Woke up. Checked the election results. Want to go back to bed. :smithicide:

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

cool results for a cool country

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/trottelrey/status/1710974999559868811?s=46

Shakespearean Beef
Jul 12, 2008

Ask me all about how I proudly marched alongside literal NEO-NAZIS to protest against the GOVERNMENT taking away our FREEDOMS because of nothing mote that the common FLU!!! I'm holding aloft the TORCH of FREEDOM!!
lol

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

To slightly modify an old joke: It's not that the olds don't have nazis, it's just that theirs are sufficiently well-off that they can afford to vote CDU/CSU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Those AFD percentages are depressing.