Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I have been playing a ton of Sword Chronicles. its anime three kingdoms and number go up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Just got a new phone, and it is peak gamer nonsense. It's fast as hell, and I'm having trouble making it go full tilt in a game. Anyone have a suggestion for games that can be cranked to punishingly good levels of graphics?

So far I've been playing games through dolphin at stupid resolutions and genshin impact absolutely maxed, and it still hasn't dropped any frames.

If you just want to test, try Final Fantasy 7 Ever Crisis. I've had no issues on my tablet until that one. I had to set it to the lowest graphics settings, because any battles set in a forest slowed it down so bad…

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Seconding this.
I've got it on PS5 and love it

Killer_B
May 23, 2005

Uh?
Are there any puzzle/action games out there that don't require an active internet connection to play?

Bonus points if there also are not ads, but that's probably getting close to being impossible in this day in age, I imagine.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Killer_B posted:

Are there any puzzle/action games out there that don't require an active internet connection to play?

Bonus points if there also are not ads, but that's probably getting close to being impossible in this day in age, I imagine.

I recommend Simon Tantham's Puzzles. Not flashy in the least, but drat good puzzling to be found here.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I've got a 17 hour flight coming up, I haven't gamed much of my phone the last few years, anything super engrossing that doesn't need internet I've missed? In then past I have played a bit of xcom, scummvm, dungeon crawl stone soup etc on my phone but I wouldn't say there's any particular genre I go for more than others. It's a Fold, so games that play nice with the larger screen preferred too.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Aware posted:

I've got a 17 hour flight coming up, I haven't gamed much of my phone the last few years, anything super engrossing that doesn't need internet I've missed? In then past I have played a bit of xcom, scummvm, dungeon crawl stone soup etc on my phone but I wouldn't say there's any particular genre I go for more than others. It's a Fold, so games that play nice with the larger screen preferred too.

Slice and dice, luck is a landlord.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Thanks! I've got slice and dice but it didn't grab me, will try it again. Will grab LBAL.

I've played most of the classics to death like hoplite and such.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Slay the spire if you've not got it already

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

thehoodie posted:

Slay the spire if you've not got it already

I hadn't, now already addicted, thanks!

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
Has anyone gotten to play the new Fallout Shelter-y Elder Scrolls Castles game? It came out in early access a couple days ago, by the time I heard about it it was full though.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Luck be a landlord only goes up to 20 floors? I just beat it and didn't see floor 21 open?>?

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

Davedave24 posted:

Has anyone gotten to play the new Fallout Shelter-y Elder Scrolls Castles game? It came out in early access a couple days ago, by the time I heard about it it was full though.

Going by the screenshots, they still haven't figured out how to do ladders

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

fyallm posted:

Luck be a landlord only goes up to 20 floors? I just beat it and didn't see floor 21 open?>?

Yeah, that's your lot. The UI seems like there should be a lot more but that's it.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Whoever suggested slay the spire thank you and i hate you it's destroying my life and I haven't been gotten on the plane yet.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Aware posted:

Whoever suggested slay the spire thank you and i hate you it's destroying my life and I haven't been gotten on the plane yet.
Buckle up

Only registered members can see post attachments!

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Aware posted:

I won't apologize only because it ruined my life on multiple platforms and counting. Honestly one of the best games in recent memory

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I like card games but I generally don't like deckbuilding, which is a problem because that's like 90% of the game. I wish there was a game that was like some of the solo adventures you get in Hearthstone or the MTG games that are supposed to be glorified tutorials, where you are given a fixed deck and you have to treat it like a puzzle box and figure out how to win against an opponent with a weird gimmick.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

CuddleCryptid posted:

I like card games but I generally don't like deckbuilding, which is a problem because that's like 90% of the game. I wish there was a game that was like some of the solo adventures you get in Hearthstone or the MTG games that are supposed to be glorified tutorials, where you are given a fixed deck and you have to treat it like a puzzle box and figure out how to win against an opponent with a weird gimmick.

Eternal Card Game has some of these too, but it's also a CCG like MTG/Hearthstone and the puzzles are just a minor part of the entire client.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

CuddleCryptid posted:

Have you tried Card Quest? You make a deck based on what equipment you wear at the beginning of the mission, but then your deck stays the same until the end boss. It's very much a puzzle solving kind of card game and it's pretty great.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Farquar posted:

Have you tried Card Quest? You make a deck based on what equipment you wear at the beginning of the mission, but then your deck stays the same until the end boss. It's very much a puzzle solving kind of card game and it's pretty great.

I haven't, I looked at it since it's made by the Card Survival guys but when I saw "card based roguelike" I rolled off of it. I'll give it a shot.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I don't like deckbuilders, but I love Slay The Spire. So far, I've resisted the temptation to get it on Android, but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out…

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Kheldarn posted:

I don't like deckbuilders, but I love Slay The Spire. So far, I've resisted the temptation to get it on Android, but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out…
If it helps/hurts, you can copy the Steam save data to Android via drag & drop with your phone connected to your computer.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

teethgrinder posted:

If it helps/hurts, you can copy the Steam save data to Android via drag & drop with your phone connected to your computer.

Hold on seriously? I hit A20 on my computer but had no desire to do it again on my phone. Would be cool to bring that over though

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Copy everything from /Steam/steamapps/common/SlayTheSpire/preferences

to /Android/data/com.humble.SlayTheSpire/files/preferences

Can do a similar thing with Vampire Survivors too.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Yepppppp. I haven't tried doing it backwards, but having it on my phone has been the alpha and omega.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Every time StS is mentioned, I wish I was under the same spell y'all are with it. Maybe I need to give it another shot but it didn't hit nearly as hard for me.

Same with Luck be a Landlord. I had a choice between spending my survey bucks on that, or a mobile port of Doom 2, and I'm feeling like I chose very wrong with LBAL.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Lbal evaporated quickly for me too, I couldn't build meaningful sinergies often enough for me to care and even then I didn't really mind about numbers going up.
But StS monopolized my life for a really long time and I keep returning to it every week for a run or two.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Motorsport Manager 4 is out and it's a pretty good one of those! Graphics got a bit of an upgrade with 3d cars now and there's a new pit planner that shows a handy chart for tyre wear and lets you preplan your pit strategy instead of winging it on the fly.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I wish someone would finally slay that spire once and for all.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

It's a tower, just blow a hole in the base with some black powder and watch it fall over

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Every time StS is mentioned, I wish I was under the same spell y'all are with it. Maybe I need to give it another shot but it didn't hit nearly as hard for me.

Same with Luck be a Landlord. I had a choice between spending my survey bucks on that, or a mobile port of Doom 2, and I'm feeling like I chose very wrong with LBAL.

The cool thing with Luck Be a Landlord is I hate deck building games,. and it seemed like this was a deck building game hidden under a slot machine. And I dunno, that randomization was just enough to keep it fun. But man, Im so sad only 20 levels

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I thought with Luck be a Landlord, on the PC version at least, you could unlock an endless mode once you played enough?

That game got its hooks into me extremely bad for one day, and then I completely fell off it. It's great for me when I'm sick though - a few months ago I was so tired and foggy with the flu or something that I could barely focus even on watching TV, so I played Luck be a Landlord while sipping Dayquil.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Eh. It happens. I tried Slice & Dice, but it never grabbed me. :shrug:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I was never a fan of Slay the Spire either.
Monster Train on the other hand, that's one I couldn't put down until I 100%ed it.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

fyallm posted:

But man, Im so sad only 20 levels

I think of floor 20 as the base game and the previous floors as training wheels to show you the ropes and let you get some wins as you learn. Pretty much like ascension 20 in Slay the Spire.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

death cob for cutie posted:

I thought with Luck be a Landlord, on the PC version at least, you could unlock an endless mode once you played enough?

That game got its hooks into me extremely bad for one day, and then I completely fell off it. It's great for me when I'm sick though - a few months ago I was so tired and foggy with the flu or something that I could barely focus even on watching TV, so I played Luck be a Landlord while sipping Dayquil.

You can do endless mode, but it isn't the landlord putting increasingly impossible demands on rent, it's just spinning the slots until number goes up enough for you to get bored. There's no real challenge in endless mode.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I get that this is The Challenge, but me saying "ok, I'm going to focus on animals" or "minerals" or whatever at the beginning doesn't matter whatsoever, because I just get an unhelpful mishmash of whatever, which also doesn't help.

It feels like it needs just a liiiiiiittle bit more depth, like an item that ups the chances of a type of icon or whatever.

I guess what I'm saying is that I wish the risk/reward situation was slightly better.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 6, 2023

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I get that this is The Challenge, but me saying "ok, I'm going to focus on animals" or "minerals" or whatever at the beginning doesn't matter whatsoever, because I just get an unhelpful mishmash of whatever, which also doesn't help.

It feels like it needs just a liiiiiiittle bit more depth, like an item that ups the chances of a type of icon or whatever.

I guess what I'm saying is that I wish the risk/reward situation was slightly better.

A lot of it comes down to having a general target but also a lot of consumables. You get the minerals and buff them however you can but you're also getting pots and bubbles and other things that disappear after a few spins. You can also remove unhelpful stuff from the board after a while. And skipping symbol choice is a big part of it too.

Since the board will always fill so long as you have items to fill it you want to have a tiny pool of items, ideally just enough to fill all the slots (although this is largely impossible). Any trash picks you get can either be skipped over or later removed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Ive been using steam link to main line Astrae for my card/dice needs