Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

Real Anton Chigurh Energy

same vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

This is how you do it. Lean into it and it'll be dropped and you'll be remembered fondly. Hannah did the opposite and she's gonna be nailed to the cross forever by fans.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

shazbot posted:

Cops and lawyers on survivor always lying about what they do because their professions are shameful

On a British gameshow earlier this year the host asked a contestant what they did. When they responded “I work for the emergency services” the host immediately said “so you’re a copper, because if you were a fireman or EMT you’d have said that”. It was quite funny.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Leatherhead posted:

"Look everyone! It's Bruce!"
*audience hoots and applauds wildly*
*Bruce does the robot*
*audience loses their entire poo poo*

i think someone here called him michael scott in the first episode which is even more relevant now considering he did that disappearing gimmick/joke on the boat ride

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Brass posted:

I don't think Bruce is trying to win as much as he is trying to increase his Survivor rizz. This man is fueled by memes of himself. He got a taste and now he's hooked.

Bruce outright said in a confessional this week that it's an act to try and make him feel less threatening

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

One of the top 10 grossest dudes on the Internet.
(My monitor is on)

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
As an autistic woman, Emily really seems autistic IMO. Which isn't to say you can't be good at the game if you are, but she's showing a lot of characteristics that make autistics in general awful at it.

Also

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hmm, they should just do this sometime. Have a beware advantage that hurts the entire tribe. Make it up to the person that found the advantage if they tell the tribe why everything is going bad...

Maybe Jeff tells a tribe a tribal, "A member of your tribe opened pandora's box, and now your tribe has to solve a harder puzzle to win immunity."

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

SteveVizsla posted:

As an autistic woman, Emily really seems autistic IMO. Which isn't to say you can't be good at the game if you are, but she's showing a lot of characteristics that make autistics in general awful at it.

Also

She is extremely autistic and does not interact with many new people in her life energy.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Hmm, they should just do this sometime. Have a beware advantage that hurts the entire tribe. Make it up to the person that found the advantage if they tell the tribe why everything is going bad...

Maybe Jeff tells a tribe a tribal, "A member of your tribe opened pandora's box, and now your tribe has to solve a harder puzzle to win immunity."

Beware advantage where none of your original tribe’s votes count but yours unless they vote for you. It lasts until the final 6 or you admit you have it.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

he's definitely coming back right? there's gotta be some sort of gimmick they can use to squeeze him back in

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Fast Luck posted:

On the bright side, he apparently attended RHAP live and when he got voted out the whole crowd chanted his name and everyone stood up and clapped, like actually and not just in a made up story that didn't happen. :shobon:

Brandon’s a representative for everyone at home who wants to get up off the couch but also knows that they would immediately find themselves right back on the couch

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Emily has big home schooled energy

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

CODChimera posted:

he's definitely coming back right? there's gotta be some sort of gimmick they can use to squeeze him back in

I think if they're between the goobers of Brandon, Jacob Derwin or Daniel Strunk, they're probably more likely to bring back Strunk since he at least failed in a strategy sense and is less likely to die by day 6.

Brandon's funny behind the safety of a screen but you can say that about a lot of Survivor nerds, like Hannah or Gabby or (maybe) Cochran.

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
Survivor 46: first boots vs worst boots

Counting Brandon as a first since Hannah quit

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Survivor Second Chances 2, featuring
the Pre-Merge tribe!
the Post-Merge tribe!
and Losing Finalists!

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Bruce outright said in a confessional this week that it's an act to try and make him feel less threatening

Oh I know it's an act, and it only seems to be working on the dudes. It's obvious he does think of himself as a celebrity though, I think he even namedropped Kane from the WWE?? Wow he's really rubbing elbows out there!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Brass posted:

Oh I know it's an act, and it only seems to be working on the dudes. It's obvious he does think of himself as a celebrity though, I think he even namedropped Kane from the WWE?? Wow he's really rubbing elbows out there!

i think he was talking about canadian kane from last season

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Lol, but also if lol if it was the WWE Kane

What civic position would Bruce have in Slamtown

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Kanadian

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ironic Twist posted:

Well Bruce is black so WWE Kane wouldn't have him in his cabinet.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

inferis posted:

Emily said she doesn’t like music and that she always drives in silence
:laffo:
She's the perfect gamebot. I am in awe.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

DrVenkman posted:

This is it. Brandon was likeable, everyone on the tribe liked him. I think everyone here liked him too, but being likeable isn't really a game plan.

Worked for Fabio

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
Fabio didn’t single handedly tank every challenge he was in

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ironic Twist posted:

No the Mayor of Slamtown is a different, much cooler and less racist, wrestler. Kane is Mayor somewhere in Tennessee.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

shazbot posted:

Fabio didn’t single handedly tank every challenge he was in

He also didn't distinguish himself in any of them until the coin-stacking-on-sword one.

He did pee in the pool they were using though

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Emily has big home schooled energy

She has big "I'm telling mom!!" energy.

I'm so invested in the yellow tribe. Emily's redemption, Brandon being bad at everything, Sabiyah running things with no vote, the immunity idol being in a candle when the they haven't had fire in days? The best comedy on TV right now.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The wax candle idol is unintentional comedy because in most tribes it wouldn't be that hard to melt it down eventually, but they just happened to give it to a tribe that has a batting rate of 0-3 in challenges in an era where your flint is taken away from you if you lose.

I don't know if they stacked Yellow that way to have that bad a challenge rate and then give that tribe the wax idol, but gosh.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The snap realisation of "oh poo poo we don't have fire" was also super funny.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I guess since beach and the fact they sometimes struggle to make fire even with flint, doing the rubby stick method is logistically difficult, but are they even allowed to make fire if they haven't earned flint? Can't remember if any of them had glasses but always vaguely figured glasses could be possibly used as a lens for fire starting?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I don’t think the show has shown anyone try it in the lose your flint era, but previous seasons have had people make fire without flint both using sticks and glasses.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah it's something I'm surprised more people haven't come ready for now we've had 2 years of potentially not having flint.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Part of the issue is fire isn’t required anymore. They have potable water and aren’t given rice so boiling water isn’t necessary.

It’s a show off skill that doesn’t really improve your game. You’ld be better off improving swimming or common puzzles or just quickly making fire with flint. Or if you want something that improves camp life and not necessarily game life I think learning how to make a good shelter would be a greater benefit to you/your tribe.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Brandon was trying to use his glasses to make fire in this week's episode

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Khanstant posted:

I guess since beach and the fact they sometimes struggle to make fire even with flint, doing the rubby stick method is logistically difficult, but are they even allowed to make fire if they haven't earned flint? Can't remember if any of them had glasses but always vaguely figured glasses could be possibly used as a lens for fire starting?

there was 100% a scene of brandon and someone trying to make fire with his glasses but I can't remember if it worked.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Brandon and Emily were trying to make fire using his glasses when the boat showed up. It didn't work, but he said something like "I think I see a little smoke" so maybe he was getting close. Either way the result was no fire.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

How exactly does the rice work nowadays? Do they literally get no food but what they can scavenge?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

blue squares posted:

How exactly does the rice work nowadays? Do they literally get no food but what they can scavenge?

That's at least how they make it seem

And rewards, of course

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Haha I missed them trying, glad they did! Makes sense it's not as necessary without rice but what if someone wants to wash their filthy underwear standoffishly? Gonna wish you had fire for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

blue squares posted:

yeah its on them to hunt for food or survive on the plentiful coconuts around the island