Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Most transforming MS look like they started with the MS form and then tried to figure out how it would turn into an MA, whereas the Asshimar is one of the only ones where it feels like the opposite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Asshimar just has a terrible color scheme. It looks a lot better in Unicorn

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

SEED is odd in that it isn't remotely realistic but it is generally quite good about being consistent. Even when it comes to things like laser colors it tends to be pretty on point to what they mean.

You get the occasional "Mu blocks a anti-fortress cannon" but the answer there was more "it was cool and dramatic so who cares."

I was about to try and defend that, but my brain stepped in and just declared there should be no way he is capable of deflecting a positron cannon shot with the Strike, even using the strike as ablative armor. He also shouldn't have survived the attempt but, alas, Destiny exists. His second swing at the bat is excused as "he's in a designated protagonist suit with a bunch of bullshit features."

I'll agree on the consistency though. Gundam rarely actually acknowledges that reactor power and thruster fuel are different things even in the UC, which as I recall is the only setting that actually bothers to slap external tanks on things for extended operation. Which makes the various [BST] modifications and things like the Hi-Nu, FA Unicorn, and Gerbera Tetra stand out even more I think.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Metaverse's average hobby store owner

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Well that first episode was... alright I guess? It seems a bit sterile overall.
The timeline for all these characters being able to meet up makes no sense but I assume that is intentional and falls under "roll with it, it's fun".
How they put Fumina in the OP was certainly a choice but at this point I'm not even surprised.

Edit; It's going to be 3 episodes apparently, I was under the impression it was 10 for some reason.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Oct 6, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Warmachine posted:

I was about to try and defend that, but my brain stepped in and just declared there should be no way he is capable of deflecting a positron cannon shot with the Strike, even using the strike as ablative armor.

The show acknowledges that. It literally says what he did was impossible. It's literally the point of the scene.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Metaverse is clearly going to be mostly fanservice if it intends to get everyone in in three episodes plus have a small story of its own about a newbie and his weirdly important teacher but hell if I didn't get excited seeing Sei and Reiji in the opening. I somehow managed to completely miss that Metaverse was a crossover show, I thought it was another new setting. I guess this means all Build series did happen in the same setting, rather than Fighters and Divers being separate, which makes Tsukasa even more hilarious, he really did want to go back to the Build Fighters days, just like the rest of us.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Warmachine posted:

I was about to try and defend that, but my brain stepped in and just declared there should be no way he is capable of deflecting a positron cannon shot with the Strike, even using the strike as ablative armor. He also shouldn't have survived the attempt but, alas, Destiny exists. His second swing at the bat is excused as "he's in a designated protagonist suit with a bunch of bullshit features."

I'll agree on the consistency though. Gundam rarely actually acknowledges that reactor power and thruster fuel are different things even in the UC, which as I recall is the only setting that actually bothers to slap external tanks on things for extended operation. Which makes the various [BST] modifications and things like the Hi-Nu, FA Unicorn, and Gerbera Tetra stand out even more I think.

It’s simple. The Lohengrin is an anti-fortress positron blaster cannon. However, Mu is not a fortress. Therefore it had no effect on him.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Ojjeorago posted:

It’s simple. The Lohengrin is an anti-fortress positron blaster cannon. However, Mu is not a fortress. Therefore it had no effect on him.

It is impossible for the Strike Gundam to withstand a beam of that power. But Mu is the man who makes the impossible possible. So he is able to do it.

Ironically, if it was theoretically possible but extremely unlikely for the Strike to withstand it, then there's a much higher chance Mu would have failed because his ability to make the impossible possible would have played no role in the outcome.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
He’s just lucky he couldn’t do the impossible and see the invisible

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Gripweed posted:

The show acknowledges that. It literally says what he did was impossible. It's literally the point of the scene.

I don't think that was meant to be taken literally, but this is SEED after all.

Ojjeorago posted:

:hmmyes:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

TheKingofSprings posted:

He’s just lucky he couldn’t do the impossible and see the invisible
At least he did try to Fight the Power.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Any of these Gundam games from the Bandai Namco Steam sale any good?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

mods please change the thread title to TALES OF ROBOTS

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Mwu dying in SEED is a great scene and I don't care about the practical physics of it. It hammers home how real poo poo has gotten at that point in the story and gives a cool character a heroic sendoff. The man who makes the impossible possible does so one last time to save all his friends.

They ruined it in Destiny by having him survive relatively unscathed, and doubly ruined it by repeating the exact same scene except there's no consequences this time, but the original is well done.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, Mu's death scene (pre-retcon) is silly if you try to logic it out but it's perfectly find from a character perspective. "Dude dies doing the literal impossible to save the people he cares about with a cool quote" is a fine way to go out. He's even a Newtype so you can mumble mumble it if you really want.

Him surviving is pure nonsense but Koyasu gotta get paid.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ShiningPidro/status/1710232494371373306?t=WwSfhPqNcRVbNKXOq_V2XQ&s=19

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There's something so funny and yet accurate about "We created a digital online world where you can make your own avatar" and 90% of people are either thinly veiled knockoffs of existing characters or extremely furry.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

While not technically a 'Gundam' game, SRW 30 is certainly, uh, a lot of game.

I'm surprised G-Gen Cross Rays isn't on sale too.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The first episode of Metaverse was fun bit of fluff, but I am genuinely interested in finding out why Mask Lady looked just like Seria under her mask

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Gripweed posted:

The first episode of Metaverse was fun bit of fluff, but I am genuinely interested in finding out why Mask Lady looked just like Seria under her mask

I mean they drop hints that she's not a nobody but has some kind of dark past, though nothing so awful or embarrassing to run away from seeing as she's still acquainted with a bunch of people.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Metaverse is now justified

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Perfect Strike Freedom Rouge is a top tier joke name

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Battle Alliance is alright, too much DLC and the story is sub-par but it's got some fun and silly jokes and references if you're into that. I liked it enough to complete it, but it's not going to blow your mind or anything. Half off feels about right for it.

Super Robot Wars 30 is very good and one of the very few SRW games you can get in English without jumping through a dozen hoops, and probably the only one where pirating it isn't currently the easier option. It's not the best SRW but it's good, the story's not bad and the character interactions are fun: I'd say it's worth grabbing at 50% off provided you don't hate every series included or the basic gameplay. It's also insanely long. But also you could just pirate V or T.

New Gundam Breaker is bad.

The fact that Crossrays isn't also on sale is mind blowing, what the hell.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you get all the DLC for SRW 30 it definitely overstays its welcome esp since the DLCs have a lot of overlap in terms of structure and stuff.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

If you get all the DLC for SRW 30 it definitely overstays its welcome esp since the DLCs have a lot of overlap in terms of structure and stuff.

Agreed, with all the DLC and bonus missions its close to 200 stages of content, but a lot of them are tiny half-puzzle stages that reward you with bonus parts. But a lot of the DLCs are very samey, it's fun to use the units, but its rough getting some of them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

There's something so funny and yet accurate about "We created a digital online world where you can make your own avatar" and 90% of people are either thinly veiled knockoffs of existing characters or extremely furry.

As someone who plays a lot of VRChat, I can confirm this is 100% accurate.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hunter Noventa posted:

Agreed, with all the DLC and bonus missions its close to 200 stages of content, but a lot of them are tiny half-puzzle stages that reward you with bonus parts. But a lot of the DLCs are very samey, it's fun to use the units, but its rough getting some of them.

And with all of them I think you get about a dozen different 'mwahaha now you must face the real boss!' scenes :v

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gripweed posted:

It is impossible for the Strike Gundam to withstand a beam of that power. But Mu is the man who makes the impossible possible. So he is able to do it.

Ironically, if it was theoretically possible but extremely unlikely for the Strike to withstand it, then there's a much higher chance Mu would have failed because his ability to make the impossible possible would have played no role in the outcome.

Scientists have calculated that there is a 1 in a million chance of surviving such a shot, but Mwutypes have realized that 1 in a million chances happen 9 times out of 10.

tsob fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Oct 7, 2023

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Thanks to Metaverse making me smile, I went and rewatched all the Build openings. Merely thinking about the original Build Fighters still brings so many good memories, what a great show. Try wasn't as good, but I can't say I don't miss Yuuma and Fumina, and it had some great minor cast members like Minato. If Sekai wasn't around, I feel Try could've been nearly if not just as good as the original.

Then I got to Build Divers and there's no saving that one, it only reminds of how somehow it had three entire characters that had no personality whatsoever including the lead and his love interest (and the orange guy, why was he even around? Metaverse even explicitly writes him out). But it's followed by Re:Rise and Re:Rise is still excellent, I remembered all about it and still wonder how the hell it was so good, it feels like the kind of show you can't explain without it sounding absolutely terrible.

Build really needs to go balls-to-the-wall and do things no one would ever want Gundam to. Build Fighters sounded like a terrible cashgrab and Re:Rise is an isekai and suddenly very serious in a chill series about playing with toys? The best of the lot. Try follows Build Fighters and Build Divers is a logical update of the setting? Much worse. Next Build series needs to pitch the absolute worst plot you could ever dream about, it'll be the best show in history.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Next Build series needs to pitch the absolute worst plot you could ever dream about, it'll be the best show in history.

Is gundam build metaverse already gundam build nft or is that still gold waiting to be mined

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Blaze Dragon posted:

Build really needs to go balls-to-the-wall and do things no one would ever want Gundam to. Build Fighters sounded like a terrible cashgrab and Re:Rise is an isekai and suddenly very serious in a chill series about playing with toys? The best of the lot. Try follows Build Fighters and Build Divers is a logical update of the setting? Much worse. Next Build series needs to pitch the absolute worst plot you could ever dream about, it'll be the best show in history.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; Gundam Build Idol. Gunpla idols already exist in the Build universe, WfM proved girl-led Gundam series can make bank, it’s time.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Gripweed posted:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; Gundam Build Idol. Gunpla idols already exist in the Build universe, WfM proved girl-led Gundam series can make bank, it’s time.

How much mileage can we get out of 'Hatsune Zaku'?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

jackhunter64 posted:

How much mileage can we get out of 'Hatsune Zaku'?

The gunpla kits sell themselves.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Next Build should go all in on the OAV that was Precure parody and make it the full series. Added bonus they can go retro with MS girl designs

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gripweed posted:

But Sunrise is already making the next Macross

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Just means it's Xenoglossia 2 time!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Look if Bandai made Build Symphogear I'd be forced to give them all my money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/1710515273172914630?s=20

Metaverse no longer justified