Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Heads up, there is absolutely zero follow through from the author in replies/future tweets to clarify any of what she wants to address in the first tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

The Voice of Labor posted:

the media was throwing a fit over murphy brown being a single mother too when no one, absolutely no one, considered that to be out of place or a big deal. it's not real surprising that cia triggerman and stooge of capital george herbert walker bush would parrot opinions totally disconnected from reality or common opinion

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i went to uni late in life and was accepted to a graduate programme that was just me, where I got to work on interesting research with some of the smartest people I've ever met and learned many things I treasure and use every day. :cheers:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Zodium posted:

i went to uni late in life and was accepted to a graduate programme that was just me, where I got to work on interesting research with some of the smartest people I've ever met and learned many things I treasure and use every day. :cheers:

I sleep in a big bed with your wife

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Zodium posted:

idiot

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Universities only exist for the handful of weirdos who are actually interested in learning things and pursuing academic careers, but it would be too lonely and boring for them if hundreds of delinquents with no interest in anything they are taught weren't also there. It, uh, builds character or something, I don't know.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Paladinus posted:

Universities only exist for the handful of weirdos who are actually interested in learning things and pursuing academic careers, but it would be too lonely and boring for them if hundreds of delinquents with no interest in anything they are taught weren't also there. It, uh, builds character or something, I don't know.

You forgot the massive fraud, föötbōll merchandise, real estate schemes, student loan regulatory capture and general shittiness of college administrators.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

tokin opposition posted:

You forgot the massive fraud, föötbōll merchandise, real estate schemes, student loan regulatory capture and general shittiness of college administrators.

you forgot that none of the things that actually go on in a college actually matter, what's important is funneling money into a Foundation that can be used as a real estate slush fund for the board of directors

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Getting an English degree has been super helpful as it taught me two useful things:

1) Effective written communication skills (moderately important for office jobs)

2) How to project confidence while discussing something you know is completely bullshit (incredibly important for office jobs)

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I did all my work but also sat next to rich international students who browsed for cars to buy all day during class and paid people to write every essay

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

change my name posted:

I did all my work but also sat next to rich international students who browsed for cars to buy all day during class and paid people to write every essay

Same, although it was mostly locally grown rich dipshits in my classes

I take solace in the fact that they're all junior lawyers now

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Getting an English degree has been super helpful as it taught me two useful things:

1) Effective written communication skills (moderately important for office jobs)

2) How to project confidence while discussing something you know is completely bullshit (incredibly important for office jobs)

yyyyeeeeeep

that's basically it. I'm not even joking. write a decent email and present some bullshit at a meeting without a stutter and you're somehow top of the dung heap.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's amazing seeing c-level folks with horrific spelling and an inability to not reply-all

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

so true

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
tablet:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

this is a fact

I read a lot of Richard Scarry for my daughter like a good comrade, and he's laughably outmoded on a lot of gender poo poo, but he at least recognizes that domestic labor is labor, of the same dignity as any paid job

We should have free universal childcare, and we should also pay a stipend for not using the childcare

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

loquacius posted:

this is a fact

I read a lot of Richard Scarry for my daughter like a good comrade, and he's laughably outmoded on a lot of gender poo poo, but he at least recognizes that domestic labor is labor, of the same dignity as any paid job

We should have free universal childcare, and we should also pay a stipend for not using the childcare

Coincidentally I had this downloaded bc I was looking for AITs fox

Found this one which is pretty baller

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

One More Fat Nerd posted:

i learned both things more effectively in 7 years working as a newspaper reporter than i did getting a degree tbh. now im steadily failing upwards in my WFH office job. it rules

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
busytown, a municipality where everyone is reduced to their job, all producing surplus labor for a worm

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Not seeing any mention of computer programmers or system engineers or landlords? Obviously chud propaganda

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al! posted:

busytown, a municipality where everyone is reduced to their job, all producing surplus labor for a worm

Lowly Worm is secret police, it's why he's everywhere

He made like a hundred copies of himself via asexual reproduction, to more effectively spy on the population

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

loquacius posted:

Lowly Worm is secret police, it's why he's everywhere

He made like a hundred copies of himself via asexual reproduction, to more effectively spy on the population

secret police worm multiplying by encouraging splitters

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

Not seeing any mention of computer programmers or system engineers or landlords? Obviously chud propaganda

Tbh I could see a criticism of it where everyone being a small business owner with no employees (with the exception of public servants like the firefighters or postal workers) imparts a really naive, ancap-esque view of capitalism where everyone reaps exactly 100% of the benefits of their own work

but I still think imparting a view of society where we are all providing equally important contributions to society as a whole probably trumps that possible drawback

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

oh, and also I love the part where it emphasizes that the work people do is what drives the prosperity of the community; there's no magnanimous job creators who allow everything else to come into being by simply owning stuff

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

i say swears online posted:

it's amazing seeing c-level folks with horrific spelling and an inability to not reply-all

hello and welcome to the united states postal service executive and administrative schedule. remember that you're still on a probationary period and that if you use the correct form of their/they're/there more than twice you will be fired

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

loquacius posted:

oh, and also I love the part where it emphasizes that the work people do is what drives the prosperity of the community; there's no magnanimous job creators who allow everything else to come into being by simply owning stuff

lol there are so many of these

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Stalin, Churchill, and Roosevelt are all sitting around after winning the war, comparing cigarette holders...

"And Mr. Christie, what is that you have there?"

Oct 5, 2023

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

lol there are so many of these

Lmao I know three of this exact guy

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

having an espresso with my chinese food, as one does.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Lmao I know three of this exact guy

the "no equity" label is the best joke from that series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

the "no equity" label is the best joke from that series

Yeah but the desk sriracha is loving gold too