Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

You shouldn't have admitted that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You shouldn't have admitted that.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
they're a musical people

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

my bony fealty posted:

I am liking TENE a lot and I will admit right here right now that I like some of the garbage Nazi neofolk music

thoughtrs on rap music?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i like everything but nazifolk and rap

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
*shrug* policing your Spotify list isn’t politics.

a bigger problem is that there is maybe 1.5 worthwhile artists across the entire genre so you objectively have bad aesthetic taste

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Zedhe Khoja posted:

*shrug* policing your Spotify list isn’t politics.

a bigger problem is that there is maybe 1.5 worthwhile artists across the entire genre so you objectively have bad aesthetic taste

I listened to Burzum once and now I'm seig heiling and cant shut up about Thule

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

what MYFAROG character you rollin?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i say swears online posted:

lol did mark name his kid after gerry adams

there's an episode around the time gerry was born where he explicitly says the kid is named for gerry adams lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

black metal ftw, as well

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

my bony fealty posted:

I am liking TENE a lot and I will admit right here right now that I like some of the garbage Nazi neofolk music

Current 93 & Sol Invictus are both pretty good. Death In June always failed to make much of an impression (this isn't a politics thing, Tony Wakeford of Sol Invictus was an active member of the National front in the '80s. Though he at least has the decency to be embarrassed about it now).

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol did they get a radio free europe radio liberty writer on as their guest for the armenia/azerbaijan conflict?

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
I thought some of the guy's takes were a bit dubious, like saying until 2020 Armenia was the aggressor between the two countries when the 90s war was kicked off by widespread pogroms by Azerbaijan.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

adebisi lives posted:

I thought some of the guy's takes were a bit dubious, like saying until 2020 Armenia was the aggressor between the two countries when the 90s war was kicked off by widespread pogroms by Azerbaijan.

Man they got so embarrassed by being wrong about Ukraine they juat parrot the State Department line now

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

This is not the first time they've had a dumbass guest on

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

why can't they just get more people on from the fb group

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

adebisi lives posted:

yeah they were clearly taken aback by that, and the guy insisting that Azerbaijan was definitely not interested in a genocide despite Mark and John (gently) pushing him to agree that Aliyev's rhetoric was "genocide-adjacent". it must be really tricky interviewing someone when you've only got a broad sense of their politics and they come out with a stupid take - do you push back hard and potentially piss them off? or do you trust your listeners to spot the bullshit, drop the point and move on?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Azeri soldiers are popping off rounds into Armenian homes right now. just a little casual warcriming after they already won.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

ah but you see none of my Azeri friends are talking about the axe murder guy any more so clearly those Armenians have nothing to worry about

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
gotta make sure they don’t take Aliyevs bullshit assurances seriously

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Gato posted:

yeah they were clearly taken aback by that, and the guy insisting that Azerbaijan was definitely not interested in a genocide despite Mark and John (gently) pushing him to agree that Aliyev's rhetoric was "genocide-adjacent". it must be really tricky interviewing someone when you've only got a broad sense of their politics and they come out with a stupid take - do you push back hard and potentially piss them off? or do you trust your listeners to spot the bullshit, drop the point and move on?

Did they honestly think a member of the Blob would condem a NATO sdjacent country?

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Gato posted:

ah but you see none of my Azeri friends are talking about the axe murder guy any more so clearly those Armenians have nothing to worry about

he wasn't elected to the Senate. He wasn't! Yes, they gave him a bunch of medals, but

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
Adding "Drill-Surgeon" to Annibale.xls

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i can kind of understand that when they want to do an episode on a particular subject they'll take whatever expert they can get. RWN is bigger than some podcasts but it's still a podcast and not anyone is going to just show up for an interview.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

latest ep with vincent bevins is good

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

yeah, I was half awake but good bits, book sounds great

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Reminded me I really need to read his books

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's definitely something the Anarchists say thread would enjoy.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's definitely something the Anarchists say thread would enjoy.

i guess the material is good but the book seems like a completely different era lol

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
In what way? Mass protests leading to a being coopted by right wing movements or deflating further efforts seems pretty 2020s

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

In what way? Mass protests leading to a being coopted by right wing movements or deflating further efforts seems pretty 2020s

that basically explains occupy which was 2011. i guess chaz counts

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
It resonates with me because there's tons of protests happening in eruope about like nationalised healthcare being strip down, education etc... And nothing happens

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Honest Thief posted:

It resonates with me because there's tons of protests happening in eruope about like nationalised healthcare being strip down, education etc... And nothing happens

yeah not saying that the material isnt interesting, it just feels like its from a different era? like its a type of book that would have been published around 2016

i havent listened to the rwn interview but i listened to the trueanon one and they talk a lot about "arab spring"

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yeah not saying that the material isnt interesting, it just feels like its from a different era? like its a type of book that would have been published around 2016

i havent listened to the rwn interview but i listened to the trueanon one and they talk a lot about "arab spring"

well idk what the TA interview covered but rnw connected the book to the new left, itself positive in some ways (cultural revolution) but negative in others (Cold War anti communism) and the emergence of whatever you want to call this current moment from 1999 to the present. it made me def want to read the book as I don’t see 2016 as a different era, but a continuation of a long line of ineffective spontaneous outbursts and missed opportunities. sounds like maybe
you have a different periodization in mind tho?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

From Jakarta method:

Eric Bevins posted:

which was the style at the time

100% chance that's a Simpsons reference

100623_4
Oct 6, 2023

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1710479320135700752?s=20

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao what an embarrassing life

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

i say swears online posted:

lmao what an embarrassing life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

3 episodes this week