Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

100623_2
Oct 6, 2023

ArmZ posted:

be a mensch and gift them a mudjug.

would love to learn more :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Nonsense posted:

most of the new jobs are hospitality and healthcare.

Office jobs, managers etc are bad right now

trades holding strong too. wages not so much

100623_3
Oct 6, 2023

RealityWarCriminal posted:

the Billionaire social class

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

ArmZ posted:

be a mensch and gift them a mudjug.

Sure let me just take a huge poo poo in it first.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

I am surprised we are not seeing co-ops in trades emerge to address this.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ya shoulda clarified it's these people

They're v overepresented in circles of any actual power/media megaphones though

thats a fair point but its next to impossible to actually gaslight people into something they see every single day

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
In real terms we're earning less than people who were alive during the great depression but there are more jobs which people are spinning as a good thing because instead of being unemployed and starving you get to be employed and starving. Economists should be cremated and their bones should be used to make cement.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

100623_2 posted:

still waiting to get high

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

wow how do they keep catching this guy

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

HallelujahLee posted:

thats a fair point but its next to impossible to actually gaslight people into something they see every single day

Watch them.

LuxuryLarva posted:

In real terms we're earning less than people who were alive during the great depression but there are more jobs which people are spinning as a good thing because instead of being unemployed and starving you get to be employed and starving. Economists should be cremated and their bones should be used to make cement.

:hmmyes:

But also post/av combo. I'm bullish on bonecrete

100623_3
Oct 6, 2023

Azuth0667 posted:

Sure let me just take a huge poo poo in it first.

:thunk:

100623_3
Oct 6, 2023

Azuth0667 posted:

loving League of Nations

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

100623_3
Oct 6, 2023

LuxuryLarva posted:

In real terms we're earning less than people who were alive during the great depression but there are more jobs which people are spinning as a good thing because instead of being unemployed and starving you get to be employed and starving.

Or the bourgeoisie developed A.I. in 80s and then used it to enclose your reality

100623_3
Oct 6, 2023

Woke Mind Virus posted:

how is this guy so deprived

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

100623_3 posted:

loving League of Nations

This would be glorious if a bunch of co-ops emerged and federated. Almost 100% certain its illegal though.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

skooma512 posted:

Watch them.

oh they have been trying nonstop thats all bidenomics is

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Several of Biden's "ONE MILLION JOBS CREATED THIS MONTH" headlines they gloated about being historic god tier Presiding in 2021 and 2022 were revised down to 0 jobs later so it's not like this data can be trusted. Sometime next year it'll be "oops September 2023 jobs were actually 30k not 330k"

ATH

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Woke Mind Virus posted:

his spending ability is yet another sign the economy is going well for the average American.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Azuth0667 posted:

been working in the field lately and employers are pretty overt about bringing the good workers back and turfing the bad ones. there is no solidarity here, everyone wants to find that one job that will make their year.

100623_4
Oct 6, 2023

Azuth0667 posted:

This would be glorious if a bunch of co-ops emerged and federated. Almost 100% certain its illegal though.

...and fought for humanism.....:allears: what a glourous pipedream :pipe:

100623_4
Oct 6, 2023

mawarannahr posted:

his spending ability is yet another sign the economy is going well for the average American.

The whole family is hemorrhaging!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

HallelujahLee posted:

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing how the "Everything is great actually I don't know what your problem is!" messaging from the dems is gonna land

If you're on the right side of the K-shaped recovery or whatever it might seem a little more true to you I guess but it's very hard to hide the fact that by and large people's purchasing power has gone down and hasn't come back unless you have enough cash to just sorta 10 Dollar Banana your way through everything

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

100623_4 posted:

...and fought for humanism.....:allears: what a glourous pipedream :pipe:

I'd be happy if they went full joker and told someone like elon musk they'll only do the job for half of everything he has.

100623_4
Oct 6, 2023

been working in the field lately and employers are pretty overt about bringing the good workers back and turfing the bad ones. there is no solidarity here, everyone wants to find that one job that will make their year.

Meanwhile no kickbacks! Bullshit!

Iverron
May 13, 2012

the premium goonsumer

100623_4
Oct 6, 2023

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing how the "Everything is great actually I don't know what your problem is!"

Mental illness is a hell of a drug

100623_4
Oct 6, 2023

Monkey Fracas posted:

If you're on the right side of the K-shaped recovery or whatever it might seem a little more true to you I guess but it's very hard to hide the fact that by and large people's purchasing power has gone down and hasn't come back unless you have enough cash to just sorta 10 Dollar Banana your way through everything

The minimum cost of living is 1.5 mil

100623_4
Oct 6, 2023

Azuth0667 posted:

I'd be happy if they went full joker and told someone like elon musk they'll only do the job for half of everything he has.

Welcome to Econ 101 :smug:

100623_4
Oct 6, 2023

Iverron posted:

the premium goonsumer

Premium Mental Healthcare

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

100623_4 posted:

The minimum cost of living is 1.5 mil

Dude why do you do this to yourself

Go outside

Touch grass

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

:hmmyes:

100623_4
Oct 6, 2023

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Dude why do you do this to yourself

Go outside

Touch grass

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

selec posted:

it’s a maintainable feeling. it is a guaranteed feeling of “more normal” and relaxation, and being able to rely on that can really help with emotional regulation.

have been a non smoker and a smoker, and ultimately I can’t get up and go walk around the block during a meeting where someone is saying dumb poo poo, but I can vape a little and rely on the predictable reaction my body has. would be great to not have to or not want to, but of all the bad habits people form to emotionally regulate it’s pretty far down the list, imo.

I guess I can see it from that angle, yeah

Easier than ever to maintain due to the prevalence of vaping now I suppose but it still sorta seems like a pain in the rear end since people are starting to get touchy about when/where you can use a vape

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing how the "Everything is great actually I don't know what your problem is!" messaging from the dems is gonna land

from the polls so far its landing with literally no-one

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

100623_4 posted:

Mental illness is a hell of a drug

:omarcomin:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the mentally ill guy is proof of bidenomics working

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

the mentally ill guy is proof of bidenomics working

Be nice to krugman

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that’s total calories consumed not excess above metabolic rate

it’s only two pounds a week lol

it's 3500 calories for a pound, on a 2000 calorie base that's every 3 days eating so much

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

HallelujahLee posted:

from the polls so far its landing with literally no-one

That's why they're pivoting to what the people want: Build the wall.

100623_4
Oct 6, 2023

Monkey Fracas posted:

the prevalence of vaping now

Very rare in these parts :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

what did the rereg champion get banned for