Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Wayfaring Stranger posted:

Noob question here... Costco online has an LG TV with an automatic £69 off at checkout (nice). If I went in store would this deal apply, or is it an online only offer?

I'd prefer to go to church and have it for the weekend rather than wait 5 business days. Problem is, the warehouse is far enough away to discourage a speculative trip, but it's enough of a discount to go wait for.

What do y'all think?

Hmm does it say online only price? It’s hard to say since it’s not in America though too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

If you live that far away, you could try calling them and asking what the in-club price is.

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
Thanks both, it doesn't say online only, just £69 reduction automatically applied at checkout. Good idea too to ring them up, I didn't know if I could get direct access to the warehouse on the phone. Cheers!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

namlosh posted:

So I know that the warranty on laptops even when using the Citibank card has been curtailed a lot recently… but what is it now exactly?

Gone.

edit: You do still get "Damage & Theft Purchase Protection" for up to 120 days after purchase (90 days only for New York) though.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Oct 6, 2023

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

get the durian y/n?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
lollin at sufficiency of packaging

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

That is, perhaps, too much durian.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

bob dobbs is dead posted:

lollin at sufficiency of packaging

I like when it's just a strong plastic net with a handle so I can use it as a morningstar.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dancing Peasant posted:

get the durian y/n?

Are you going to return it if you don't like it

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Wayfaring Stranger posted:

Noob question here... Costco online has an LG TV with an automatic £69 off at checkout (nice). If I went in store would this deal apply, or is it an online only offer?

I'd prefer to go to church and have it for the weekend rather than wait 5 business days. Problem is, the warehouse is far enough away to discourage a speculative trip, but it's enough of a discount to go wait for.

What do y'all think?

I think sales are usually valid in both. You'll just possibly end up paying more online because they charge for shipping either directly or indirectly with a higher price but you still get the discount.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are you going to return it if you don't like it

i ended up getting the durian ice cream instead

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Eating durian puts hair on your rear end.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

And if you are a messy eater it puts rear end on your hair.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Hotel we stayed at in Hong Kong had a whole durian section at the buffet. Probably the most palatable thing was the ice cream. There was a pastry that was pretty good too. They were mostly decent because you couldn’t actually smell the durian.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ate a cheese slice and a pep slice which had just come out of the oven. Good

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Gone.

edit: You do still get "Damage & Theft Purchase Protection" for up to 120 days after purchase (90 days only for New York) though.

Dang, that sucks…

On mobile so it’s hard to quote the post from last page but:
Thx for the advice to hit up Microcenter. I have one very close by and it’s nice to hear that the warranty isn’t poo poo.

Fwiw i too have had pretty good luck having warranties come in handy for the items I do buy them for. I don’t know what it is with electronics nowadays but a lot of poo poo seems to break in 2-3 years or last forever…

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
This is the real place to get (and eat) your king of fruit.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

2.5lb bricks of Tillamook sharp cheddar for $10.50 - the cheese prices alone are worth the yearly membership. Also spotted new Kirkland buff mozz to replace the belgioso (sp) I always buy - 36oz for $7.99 when I pay $14 for equivalent at winco

Edit:
<--- I didn't know there was a raffle that I was cheating! Scammed of my rescue-breathing toilet av

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

SirPablo posted:

This is the real place to get (and eat) your king of fruit.

What do people even do with a whole durian? They just cut it open and eat it?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
fruit to rind ratio is actually terrible along w seed and one durian will be a whole meal for like an enthused adult or two middling adults

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

"durian enthusiast"

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Kaddish posted:

What do people even do with a whole durian? They just cut it open and eat it?

Under 2 inches of rind there is a nasty, I mean tasty, sac filled with the yummy innards and a huge seed. Yes, in the stalls like that people buy them, crack them, eat them, then toss the rind and walk away.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I didn't know there was such little meat in one. I wouldn't be brave enough to crack one open and only have seen durian based desserts that range from inedible to decent. (Basically based on how much they taste/smell like durian tbh)

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 6, 2023

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Costco on Heather Ridge in Laguna Niguel is doing a soft opening of their renovated gas station and selling gas at an extremely discounted $4.99 today only, which is insanely expensive if you live anywhere but Laguna Niguel.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Costco on Heather Ridge in Laguna Niguel is doing a soft opening of their renovated gas station and selling gas at an extremely discounted $4.99 today only, which is insanely expensive if you live anywhere but Laguna Niguel Southern California .

That’s cheaper than anywhere in LA

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Taima posted:

Costco Mexico apparently has Kirkland paella in the fuckin' deli section? :dogbutton:

Yes.

Haven't tried as I don't gently caress with Paella after some bad food poisoning rendered the dish vomit inducing to me but it is there.

Maybe this goes without saying, but the food poisoning was due to paella that was not assembled at CostCo. Church food control has been acceptable so far

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Hammu-rob-i posted:

2.5lb bricks of Tillamook sharp cheddar for $10.50 - the cheese prices alone are worth the yearly membership. Also spotted new Kirkland buff mozz to replace the belgioso (sp) I always buy - 36oz for $7.99 when I pay $14 for equivalent at winco

Edit:
<--- I didn't know there was a raffle that I was cheating! Scammed of my rescue-breathing toilet av

I posted this in the thread when I did it, but it might have been easy to miss with the 5-word limit - I saved all the avatars I changed in case we needed to change them back. If you decide you'd like to get your original back let me or another mod know and we should be able to get it changed again.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
Is the roast beef sandwich in the food court any good? I’ve been tempted a few times but it feels risky dropping $9.99 without even getting a soda, let alone a refill.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Soul Dentist posted:

Yes, a consensus has been established about the roast beef sandwich

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That it’s not good

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
bring back teh turkey pesto sandwich u absolute fuckin COWARDS

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Chinatown posted:

My foodcourt finally has the roast beef sandwich.

Which I shall not be buying.

Where's my turkey pesto sandwich you pieces of poo poo.

GWS questions thread reminded me of the first purchase I plan to return since the RealGood enchilada fiasco: Kirkland brand smoked salmon

It's almost intolerably fishy (to me, who will eat literal rotten things) and it's presliced, but lengthwise in half inch strips. I usually get the three flavor pack Norwegian but was tempted by the siren song of cheaper per pound.

It comes in two subpacks so I'm returning one of them. Blech.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The Kirkland brand isn't even that much cheaper than the Norwegian one iirc. And the Norwegian has 3 flavors and some kind of tasty sauce I think. I haven't tried it but I do get the Norwegian from time to time.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I find the sauce not tasty and usually throw it away because I'm just not into honey mustard but the price is indeed very close. A rare miss from the K

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

same, I was putting it on bagels and trying to dress it up with capers and lemon and it was still not great and p. fishy

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Honestly I don't remember the sauce that well because seafood is banned in the house right now by law of a preggo wife. But once that baby comes out, you can bet I'm going to be shoving handfuls of smoked salmon into my gullet.

I think I usually end up eating it straight? I want to say I tried it on a bagel with cream cheese since that's a classic.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
gently caress I want some smoked salmon right now.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I wish they had hot-smoked salmon. How do you have 5 varieties of cold-smoked salmon and none of hot!!!

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I was just watching cart narc and realized something weird. I almost never see misplaced shopping carts at costco. Do they have really quick cart pushers? Is the clientele of a higher class than your average grocery store?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Our costco has an assistive motor thing that they use to drive around the carts, and the customers are usually courteous enough not to just dump them on the side somewhere and actually use the cart dropoff spaces.