Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

skooma512 posted:

That's why they're pivoting to what the people want: Build the wall.

time to build a wall around the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
EVE Online j4g, that failed the 40 days and 40 nights in FYAD?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Monkey Fracas posted:

I guess I can see it from that angle, yeah

Easier than ever to maintain due to the prevalence of vaping now I suppose but it still sorta seems like a pain in the rear end since people are starting to get touchy about when/where you can use a vape

we never discussed it as a society, but I’ve never seen anyone vape on a zoom call. it’s just inherently understood to be uncouth, despite all of us being in our own homes.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Azuth0667 posted:

EVE Online j4g, that failed the 40 days and 40 nights in FYAD?

I joined SA in part to get into the goonfleet. I posted around to get my count up and then signed up, it went sideways when I posted in the goonfleet thread and got flamed and they never let me in.

lol gently caress that game. Now I DRIVE the schoolbus and rule over a whole thread. A Something Awful success story.

100623_4
Oct 6, 2023

selec posted:

we never discussed it as a society, but I’ve never seen anyone vape on a zoom call. it’s just inherently understood to be uncouth, despite all of us being in our own homes.

vaping against the plexiglass

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

skooma512 posted:

I joined SA in part to get into the goonfleet. I posted around to get my count up and then signed up, it went sideways when I posted in the goonfleet thread and got flamed and they never let me in.

lol gently caress that game. Now I DRIVE the schoolbus and rule over a whole thread. A Something Awful success story.

Someone high up from goonfleet spent my entire two week trial session by my side, giving me isk and talking about how they needed better officers that he could trust. He would come with me to training missions and everything. He trusted me because he knew me from TFF. He would joke that he was “grooming me for a top position.” He was getting my schedule because they needed someone at weird hours to group up with some Russians they had an alliance with.

Anyway I never touched the game again after my trial and that guy got killed in Benghazi.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

FizFashizzle posted:

Someone high up from goonfleet spent my entire two week trial session by my side, giving me isk and talking about how they needed better officers that he could trust. He would come with me to training missions and everything. He trusted me because he knew me from TFF. He would joke that he was “grooming me for a top position.” He was getting my schedule because they needed someone at weird hours to group up with some Russians they had an alliance with.

Anyway I never touched the game again after my trial and that guy got killed in Benghazi.

lmao that loving went places

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I played eve beta and meant to try the full game sometime and never did

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

I play WoT with goons.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

RealityWarCriminal posted:

been working in the field lately and employers are pretty overt about bringing the good workers back and turfing the bad ones. there is no solidarity here, everyone wants to find that one job that will make their year.

The American is a selfish, back stabbing beast that will eat their own.

100623_4
Oct 6, 2023

Turtle Sandbox posted:

The American is a selfish, back stabbing beast that will eat their own.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

100623_4 has issued a correction as of 21:02 on Oct 6, 2023

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

vile rat shouldn't have crossed hillary

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Why didn't this local consumer support these local mom n' pop shops if he wanted them to succeed? Checkmate, athetists

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

:thermidor:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

drat, I was hoping it would just sink into the sea

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

selec posted:

In comparison to smoking there's a lot more places you can get away with it but yeah doesn't mean you can just blast cloudz whenever and wherever

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

100623_3 posted:

Or the bourgeoisie developed A.I. in 80s and then used it to enclose your reality

expound on this profound insight

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

skooma512 posted:

Old Goonfleet in the BoB days was a fun ride, "here, go make isk by blowing up these free ships we're giving you" but the modern Goonfleet has turned into a desk job where you have to try and not offend the angry alcoholic who volunteered to run the group. Also there's paperwork.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Dude why do you do this to yourself

Go outside

Touch grass

trying to deprive jeffereye of the pile of :10bux: he needs to sleep is very rude

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ammanas posted:

man this conversation is triggering me hard i really wish i could live in Italy but their language is how you say 'a-ridiculouso'
i did 3 month study abroad in italy in my last year of college 15 years ago, and it was the greatest time of my life. and same.

i didnt bother trying to learn a language going in, but as a californian i knew enough spanish that understanding italian wasnt actually that bad and picked up a very rudimentary level, at least enough to order food, coffee, and cigarettes

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i used to be able to understand most of what my italian family said but as they all slowly grow senile it becomes much harder

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

what did the rereg champion get banned for

I think he's the one who is trying to sue the forums (and also his local post office) or something

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Relevant Tangent posted:

trying to deprive jeffereye of the pile of :10bux: he needs to sleep is very rude

First day as IK and I made SA 30 dollars in revenue. That parking spot in the front and bonus is mine.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
RIP Viletat

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

no

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

they meant rest in piss vilerat

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

FizFashizzle posted:

braver then are troops!

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

skooma512 posted:

That game is terrible, but at least its economy made sense in comparison to the djia.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

HallelujahLee posted:

its people getting 2-3 jobs to survive

This. Anecdotal but almost everyone I know has taken a second job within the last month just to keep up with the cost of living. One person I know even took a second job just to afford gas to get to their day job :shepspends:

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

HallelujahLee posted:

its people getting 2-3 jobs to survive

150k part time positions added, 21,000 full time positions lost. Slight uptick on multiple job holders. (Table A9)

average hourly earnings down

61,000 of jobs created were at restaurants and bars. Government jobs up 70,000.

Vast majority of job gains are in lower pay service sectors. Or jobs in government largely due to governme

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/corncommunist/status/1709849546778722705?t=jZ4WFtESrH1-UqOVkIau6w&s=19

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Azuth0667 posted:

Just because you've killed your sense of smell doesn't mean the rest of us have. I would rather spend my time huffing pyridine and trizol than smelling cigarettes or the rancid stripper perfume infused vape poo poo.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

This guy rules

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.

err posted:

150k part time positions added, 21,000 full time positions lost. Slight uptick on multiple job holders. (Table A9)

average hourly earnings down

61,000 of jobs created were at restaurants and bars. Government jobs up 70,000.

Vast majority of job gains are in lower pay service sectors. Or jobs in government largely due to governme

Whenever Biden wants to goose the unemployment numbers he just calls up uber and they have a script that posts x number of craigslist ads for driving uber and they count each ad as a job opening. That's bipartisanship!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol sf is so tiny that you can just go "here's where the gamestop was. here's where the sunglasses store was"

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

one of the best valve employees

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Is there a full version of this? It's really good.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSNNp8pDm/

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Who is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=yanis+varoufakis