Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vargo posted:

I legitimately did have my wife do tarot card readings for fantasy advice last year but forgot to document the results.

Sometimes we did it during a twitch stream, which was a lot of fun. Would anyone care to see something like that again?

MORE MAGICK IN FANTASY FOOTBALL

You did one for me last year and it was awesome :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Quiet Feet posted:

Condolences anyone against DJ Moore.

My opponent this week has both his WR slots on bye. He left DJM in the flex from last week.

I’m going to lose to someone playing two bye players……

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I played DJ Moore, but I'm also going up against Justin Fields this week so it was almost a wash :smith:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Thanks for the garbage time Sam!

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Khalil Herbert was totally going to get over 100 yards before getting hurt. :smith:

Oh well at least he got me 7.6. Not terrible for bye week filler.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
@Fight Club Sandwich,

I know I gave you some flak, but in the end we are just gambling and none of the facts we bring up matter. I respect it, and good luck.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh yeah good point - I didn't mean my "galaxy-brained" comment earlier as a slight.

I mean, I'm kinda fed up with some of my WRs where I've considered grabbing Wandale and YOLO-ing it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Frankly, given Sandwich's track record at this point, I'm going to start Wan'Dale in solidarity in the one league where I am rostering him and everybody else is on bye or dead

EDIT for actual question: Next week Herbert comes off his bye but still has a broken (non-throwing hand) finger and plays the Dallas defense. Is it nuts to consider starting Howell for a second week in a row (against Atlanta)?

Poque fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Oct 6, 2023

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1710304503356911918?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

Thrilled to see Waddle will be even less targeted lol

(:negative:)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
the Dolphins really don't want to win the Super Bowl

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Waddle gonna be on a bus to Carolina by Monday isnt he?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Miami
giving a late 6th
getting an early 7th and Claypool

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
When are ESPN and Yahoo going to set Claypool to be a Dolphin? I went to swoop him up and he's on waivers because the bears already played

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

why on earth does this hurt waddle? the dolphins gave up a 6th rounder, so that tells you they're just taking a flyer on him. now this could hurt revelation anderson or whoever it was that changed their name from robbie anderson. he was clearly not doing much. i would expect claypool to take over that role as wr3/4.

and who are they trading waddle to? and for what?

none of this conjecture makes sense. you REALLY think they're going to trade waddle for taylor after what achane and mostert have done recently?

and, like, waddle's value has to be at its lowest. just had a concussion, still trying to find himself.

e: the one possibility i see is waddle is hurt/concussed more than we know, which...would explain his last game. but still, we need to know more here before we can even entertain that route.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 6, 2023

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

abelwingnut posted:

e: the one possibility i see is waddle is hurt/concussed more than we know, which...would explain his last game. but still, we need to know more here before we can even entertain that route.

Given the Dolphins history with concussions, you may honestly be on to something here

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

You guys talked me into trading Waddle for Nico and I pulled the trigger late last night :getin:

(Claypool will probably continue to do absolutely nothing, I would be pretty surprised if this changes anything, but does help me feel better about trading my 2nd rounder)

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

seems like this would affect Berrios more than Waddle (unless Waddle is scrambled more than we think like the upthread posters said).

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

dxt posted:

When are ESPN and Yahoo going to set Claypool to be a Dolphin? I went to swoop him up and he's on waivers because the bears already played

It’s not gonna magically take him off waivers once they set the Dolphins as his team.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

RCarr posted:

It’s not gonna magically take him off waivers once they set the Dolphins as his team.

It is, I just scooped him up in Yahoo. Don't have high expectations, but he's worth an end of bench flyer

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Man the yahoo waiver rules are loving inscrutable to me after a decade of exclusively using ESPN. He’s definitely locked in all of my espn leagues. Because his team played.

Not that I would want to add him anyway unless I had like 9 bench spots

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

dxt posted:

It is, I just scooped him up in Yahoo. Don't have high expectations, but he's worth an end of bench flyer

He went straight to my IR slot for the week, snap decision

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Claypool got canned in both Pittsburgh and Chicago because he couldn't not blow up and call everyone around him a piece of poo poo for not getting WR1 targets. Miami has a way better WR lineup than either of those teams. I'd put the over/under on his Miami career on 4 weeks.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Mentoring opportunity for Tyreek Hill imo. Treat him like a son.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

:chloe:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I feel bad but :lol:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Nybble posted:

He went straight to my IR slot for the week, snap decision

oh drat I missed out on this, he's back to healthy, could have added him directly to IR in one league.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Started Howell and Scarold Terrold and got spanked because my opponent started DJ. That said, Howell looking like a solid fantasy investment!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Someone tell me not to pick up Dobbs for my bench in case TLaw looks bad this weekend.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Kilometers Davis posted:

Someone tell me not to pick up Dobbs for my bench in case TLaw looks bad this weekend.

Don't do this.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Kilometers Davis posted:

who are you dropping? do you have any better QB alternatives? I don't believe having a backup plan for TLaw is a terrible idea.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Unless the state of the wire is so bleak that Dobbs is the only guy out there, you probably don't need to roster a backup.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

How much should I worry about Olave with Carr still a mess :ohdear:

Carr and Burrow have looked like reheated rear end with their injuries

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 6, 2023

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Bellmaker posted:

How much should I worry about Olave with Carr still a mess :ohdear:

Flip a coin. Supposedly Mike Thomas lit a fire under everyone’s rear end last week. We’ll see if it helps.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Gobias Ind. posted:

Don't do this.

Freezer posted:

who are you dropping? do you have any better QB alternatives? I don't believe having a backup plan for TLaw is a terrible idea.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Unless the state of the wire is so bleak that Dobbs is the only guy out there, you probably don't need to roster a backup.

I’d be dropping an extra defense (NYJ and Det now, would be keeping Det)

My options are Mayfield, Dobbs, Geno, Daniel Jones, Mac Jones (lol), Carr, Jimmy G, gets even worse past there.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
If there's that many QBs on the wire, I wouldn't bother with a backup. You shouldn't have problems covering for a bye or continued TLaw shittiness, and I really don't see anyone on that list that jumps out more than the others. There simply has to be a better WR/RB flyer if you're dropping a D.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Not really seeking advice so much as venting but man I feel like I hosed up bad at QB this year. Normally I am a late round QB and stream if it doesn't work out truther. But I bought into the narrative that the middle class was incredible this year and took Dimes and Lawrence without a backup in a couple leagues, using bench spots on lottery tickets and backup RBs (of course, all the wrong ones there too, who haven't had their starter go down. If I took Achane instead of Spears or Kyren instead of Warren I'm loving life). And even going into week 1-2 it looked OK because the waiver wire was flush. But while I was waiting for these guys to figure it out, Stroud and Love and Purdy and Howell all got snapped up and I was left holding the bag. By week 3 when I wanted options the best available were like Baker or Zach Wilson or Mac Jones, lol.

Sample size in the NFL is minuscule but I think I need to go back to drafting a no doubt stud or waiting and taking a guy I don't care about dropping if he looks bad after week 1. Just like the real NFL, being stuck with a low end starter QB is a nightmare.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I feel like it’s easier to draft a write off middle of the pack QB and stud the poo poo out of your RB and WR squads. You’re going to get more value with Goff as your QB who consistently gets 23+/-1.5 at home and mccaffrey + JJ or Adams as your first and second pics

Idk tho, it’s my first year and I drafted/picked waivers based on consistently matching or exceeding projections, but I read somewhere that a bunch of people prefer to gamble on players who may or may not super over perform depending on the day

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Usually when I wait on QB I'll pick two back to back middling guys

Good thing I drafted Burrow early this year so I am set at QB :smuggo:

wait...

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Docjowles posted:

Not really seeking advice so much as venting but man I feel like I hosed up bad at QB this year. Normally I am a late round QB and stream if it doesn't work out truther. But I bought into the narrative that the middle class was incredible this year and took Dimes and Lawrence without a backup in a couple leagues, using bench spots on lottery tickets and backup RBs (of course, all the wrong ones there too, who haven't had their starter go down. If I took Achane instead of Spears or Kyren instead of Warren I'm loving life). And even going into week 1-2 it looked OK because the waiver wire was flush. But while I was waiting for these guys to figure it out, Stroud and Love and Purdy and Howell all got snapped up and I was left holding the bag. By week 3 when I wanted options the best available were like Baker or Zach Wilson or Mac Jones, lol.

Sample size in the NFL is minuscule but I think I need to go back to drafting a no doubt stud or waiting and taking a guy I don't care about dropping if he looks bad after week 1. Just like the real NFL, being stuck with a low end starter QB is a nightmare.

I used to be this way as well.

This year I have Mahomes, Hurts, and JAllen for my teams.

It feels intensely better knowing you're going to get great scores at QB. However, my teams are a combined 4-8, so take that for what you will. (Two redraft and one dynasty.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Tua Ta4-0vailoa