Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

C-Euro posted:

See also: Dan Orlovsky, he of the most famous gently caress up of the 2008 Detroit Lions I still maintain that he was the best QB of the Matt Millen Lions, a bar so low that it's practically a speed bump.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

Huh, regarding the spoiler I could have sworn he was around for at least a year of Stafford. He got kicked to the curb right before that apparently.

I think I'd very unwillingly and hesitantly pick Jon Kitna out of the options available, but I understand your reasoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

pmchem posted:

I hadn’t heard this story before, so news to me:

https://twitter.com/scottbarrettdfb/status/1710508939719201048

Goddamn, Shannon.

I doubt this tactic would work today. You'd have to recite the @onlyfans instead. Nobody knows phone numbers except their own. I guess this is just another way the game has passed by the olds.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Nobody knows phone numbers except their own.

I ask people their phone numbers all day long at work. This isn't even true either.

The best are 18-25 year olds that look at you like you're the idiot and say "I don't call myself"

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

pmchem posted:

I hadn’t heard this story before, so news to me:

https://twitter.com/scottbarrettdfb/status/1710508939719201048

Goddamn, Shannon.

Didn't somebody do this to Golden Tate?

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Unless there's another story about Golden Tate, the rumor is that he broke up Russell Wilson's first marriage and that's why he wasn't resigned

edit: I just googled it and we can add Tate and KJ Wright to the group of former Russ teammates who dislike him

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2023/7/18/23798402/golden-tate-addresses-those-infamous-russell-wilson-rumors-kj-all-day-podcast

quote:

“I don’t want to go viral with this, I really don’t,” Wright said. “A few dudes came on here—off record, on record—and have said what they’ve said or how they felt about number 3. When you play this game, when you go through this journey, it’s all about the brothers. It’s all about the brotherhood. And when it’s all said and done, he’s got a lot of making up to do. He’s got a lot of phone calls to make. A lot of ‘Hey bro, I should’ve done better with that.’ And that’s the god honest truth. I couldn’t hold that inside, but he’s got a lot of making up to do.”

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 7, 2023

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

IIRC he burned Jalen Ramsey so hard one game Ramsey broke out in tears, and later on Ramsey dated and eventually impregnated Tate's sister, but those two things probably aren't related.

Probably loving some of this up.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

C-Euro posted:

See also: Dan Orlovsky, he of the most famous gently caress up of the 2008 Detroit Lions I still maintain that he was the best QB of the Matt Millen Lions, a bar so low that it's practically a speed bump.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

What if what you can do is teach? What a gross as gently caress sentiment.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Then you teach people how to teach, duh

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Plot twist!

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1710691846001770597?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

:dogstare:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Irsay dunks on his haters again.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Irsay cracks me up

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Nick Chubb contact. Good deal for both sides

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Glad he got paid, kinda wish he waited a week though.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
e: wrong thread

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair Irsay could just tell him it was a manic episode by bad and I think Taylor would understand

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

wait, how is orlovsky better than joey harrington?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If you’re getting that money in this RB market then honestly there’s no excuse he will give you that wouldn’t immediately lead to “yup all good! Where’s the check?”

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Truly bizarre how this played out but I’m glad to see a RB get paid. League’s better for it

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Well good for him actually getting something for holding out.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have to think that Irsay is looking at how Richardson is playing and suddenly woke up and fighting through his hangover realized that Taylor and Richardson together in the backfield is worth paying for.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Barkley and Jacobs should have held out.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

fsif posted:

Barkley and Jacobs should have held out.

Yeah this is just further evidence that those were bizarrely terrible deals for them to take.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I'm happy Taylor got paid because as a former Badger, it rules seeing him be awesome.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

reminder the Chiefs drafted CEH over Taylor and Tee Higgins

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Didn’t Barkley and Jacob’s deals have no tag provisions in them for next year?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Grozz Nuy posted:

it's so funny to me that Just Touchdowns O'Sullivan is a respected football content creator now

how things change

He was always a really good evaluator he just became famous recently for over-reacting to normal broken down plays and being overly critical. It's memeing but he deserves a little success for doing this for so long without attention.

Just be aware when watching his videos that when he freaks out over OL loving up or a QB making a bad decision it's hopefully an act. Bad plays happen all the time and look even worse in slow motion.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Calidus posted:

The teams can franchise tag them next offseason, if that's what you mean

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Calidus posted:

No they got nothing out of those deals. It’ll happen again next offseason.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

JonathonSpectre posted:

no sorry, no one can teach

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

JonathonSpectre posted:

Do you think the best doctors, architects and lawyers are teaching? Honest question

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wrong thread

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Amy Pole Her posted:

Do you think the best doctors, architects and lawyers are teaching? Honest question

Yes. Frank Gehry is a professor. Ben Carson, an idiot but a gifted surgeon, taught at Johns Hopkins. The guy who did the first artificial heart transplant was also a professor. Lots of people who are very good at their job end up teaching.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 7, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

IANAL but due to what is required to reach the positions, professors in law school generally have the least experience of all lawyers practicing law.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Basically all professor positions are filled not based on one's teaching ability

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Lots of people who are very good at their job end up teaching.

Hm you know as I think about it… I’ve modified my opinion on this. You’re absolutely right. You do end up teaching when you slow down and can’t handle the fast pace. My con law professor successfully argued in front of the Supreme Court 5+ times. But he was honest as hell - he made his fortune and couldn’t handle the stress, so he chose an “easier on the heart” profession.

Every other one was clearly a lawyer who couldn’t hack litigation OR sucked at marketing. You can’t be bad at both.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 7, 2023

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Papercut posted:

Basically all professor positions are filled not based on one's teaching ability

Research grant funding baby

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

FizFashizzle posted:

IANAL but due to what is required to reach the positions, professors in law school generally have the least experience of all lawyers practicing law.

Though you do often get semi-retired/retired attorneys in adjunct positions.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

No they got nothing out of those deals. It’ll happen again next offseason.

IIRC Jacobs at least got like an extra mil guaranteed. Barkely’s was truly terrible, like 400k in incentives that depend on him having a monster year and making the playoffs. Which is looking like straight up trolling by the Giants.

So, yeah, nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Teaching is doing and teachers probably contribute more to society than one individual being exceptional at whatever you think they’re “doing”.

There are plenty of teachers out there who absolutely would have been the best at being a doctor or lawyer or whatever weird line you draw for what you think is a meaningful profession, but choose to teach instead from the beginning.

Ort fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 7, 2023