Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Al! posted:

iirc it costs something insane to do this. could let me sit on my fat rear end for a whole year instead of working for each jet

i believe it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/robrousseau/status/1710661647667192097

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

1:1 casualty exchange is insane. It's never ever been like this. Nobody could even imagine something like this before yesterday.

I wonder just how long ago this was planned out, so far the execution of the whole offensive has been extremely impressive and obviously Mossad had no idea it was coming.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

has this woman ever had a correct take on anything? not that i expected it, but i can't remember even a single expressed opinion that i ever agreed with.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
her name is ursula

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol

https://twitter.com/RachelRileyRR/status/1710730697797734429

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lmfao dudes rock

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

That's just Burning Man...? :confused:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
my Ukranian friends

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

crepeface posted:

has this woman ever had a correct take on anything? not that i expected it, but i can't remember even a single expressed opinion that i ever agreed with.

she's a literal demon from hell op

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

what the fuc

is this lady in a gas leak?

edit:
the video ahahaha

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

gdi schmoe

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Smythe posted:

lol i heard some very loud fighter jets flying over los angeles and was like ... ?? ??

but it was just for the dodger game

https://twitter.com/LAFD/status/1710799096632705253

They're gonna need to attack the stadium to save that disaster of a game

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Global_Mil_Info/status/1710760974792241450

more hamas glider content

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, most APS systems don’t seem practical in non-controlled situations. Also, I think hull down positions are largely useless and the entire doctrine around them is non-sensical.

What is an APS system?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

they are the hamas fan men

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

mcmagic posted:

Israel nuking Gaza is like New Jersey nuking Delaware.

No, it would be bad.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

1:1 casualty exchange is insane. It's never ever been like this. Nobody could even imagine something like this before yesterday.

It really is insane that Hamas insurgents in pickup trucks and paragliders could disable two battalions of the IDF. It's hard to think of a historical analogy. How bad were they all along?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Zedhe Khoja posted:

she's a literal demon from hell op

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
how did an operation this extensive escape the notice of the idf anyway

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

Isn't Gaza like the same size as a small portion of the Jersey shore?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

can't stop laughing at the music

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
All the bribe money that would normally grease hands in Palestine was greasing hands in Ukraine is my guess

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

while Israel grew fat in their "iron dome" Hamas mastered Just Cause 3

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Rip Testes posted:

What is an APS system?

active protection system
firing a projectile to intercept an incoming projectile

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8TDPT6Jncc

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sierra Nevadan posted:

yes. the whole area is very small in comparison to anyone used to dealing with north american spaces. the distance from downtown gaza city to sderot is like 7 miles. it's less than 2 miles from the border to the middle of town. you can walk.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

sum posted:

It really is insane that Hamas insurgents in pickup trucks and paragliders could disable two battalions of the IDF. It's hard to think of a historical analogy. How bad were they all along?

Not historical but there is that much repeated story about the US War game where the general assigned to the insurgent side did a bunch of tricky stuff with low tech and they effectively won and then the game was stopped

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I know this means nothing to Yanks but the MBE in her twitter name (Christ) means she is a Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire.

"Although initially intended to recognise meritorious service, the order began to also be awarded for gallantry. There were an increased number of cases in the Second World War for service personnel and civilians including the merchant navy, police, emergency services and civil defence, mostly MBEs but with a small number of OBEs and CBEs. Such awards were for gallantry that did not reach the standard of the George Medal, but, as an order, were listed before it on the Order of Wear."

Which means she is in the same class as, finding a random citation from the list,

"Captured at El Adem on 26 June 42. Imprisoned Campo 21 (Italy). After the Armistice the S.B.O.(Senior British Officer) refused to allow P/W (Prisoners of War) to escape, and the Camp was taken over by the Germans who removed the P/W to Germany. Capt. Blair had been working on a tunnelling scheme, of which there were several in the Camp, and hid with five others in the tunnel for 36 hours. They came out after the Germans had left, made their way South, and arrived in British hands on 13 Oct 43."

Which seems a whole hell of a lot more like the Palestinians than someone calling the loving Met because they're honking their horns.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/netanyahu/status/1710828720041119818

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DanielEstrin/status/1710804890727895282?s=20

@NPR
International Correspondent, usually around Jerusalem. Got a tip? DM me for my Signal.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

eve fartlow

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

:words:
This morning, on Shabbat and a holiday, Hamas invaded Israeli territory and murdered innocent citizens including children and the elderly. Hamas has started a brutal and evil war.

We will be victorious in this war despite an unbearable price. This is a very difficult day for all of us.

Hamas wants to murder us all. This is an enemy that murders children and mothers in their homes, in their beds, an enemy that abducts the elderly, children and young women, that slaughters and massacres our citizens, including children, who simply went out to enjoy the holiday.

What happened today is unprecedented in Israel – and I will see to it that it does not happen again. The entire government is behind this decision.

The IDF will immediately use all its strength to destroy Hamas's capabilities. We will destroy them and we will forcefully avenge this dark day that they have forced on the State of Israel and its citizens. As Bialik wrote: 'Revenge for the blood of a little child has yet been devised by Satan'.

All of the places which Hamas is deployed, hiding and operating in, that wicked city, we will turn them into rubble.

I say to the residents of Gaza: Leave now because we will operate forcefully everywhere.

At this hour, the IDF is clearing the terrorists out of the last communities. They are going community by community, house by house, and are restoring our control.

I embrace and send heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families whose loved ones were murdered today in cold blood and endless brutality.

We are all praying for the well-being of the wounded and all those who are being held hostage. I say to Hamas: You are responsible for their well-being. Israel will settle accounts with anyone who harms one hair on their heads.

I appeal to the residents of the south: We all stand alongside you. We are all proud of your heroism and your fighting.

To our beloved IDF soldiers, police officers and security forces personnel, remember that you are the continuation of the heroes of the Jewish people, of Joshua, Judah Maccabee and the heroes of 1948 and of all of Israel's wars. You are now fighting for the home and future of us all. We are all with you. We all love you. We all salute you.

To the medical and rescue teams, and the many volunteers who came out in force today in a long list of places, the people of Israel salute you. With your spirit, we will overcome our enemies.

Today, I spoke with US President Biden and with other world leaders in order to ensure freedom of action for Israel in the continuation of the campaign. I thank President Biden for his strong and clear words. I thank the President of France, the Prime Minister of Great Britain and many other leaders for their unreserved support for Israel.

I now appeal to all citizens of Israel:

We stand together in this campaign.

This war will take time. It will be difficult. Challenging days are ahead of us. However, I can promise one thing: With the help of G-d, the forces that we all have in common and our faith in the Eternal One of Israel, we will win.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Al! posted:

when you army is ideologically designed around enthusiastically waiting for your next off day

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

In Training posted:

with US + nato drained from Ukraine, I wonder how much support the US military will be able to give to Israel this time. Im sure the money will start flowing instantly but hopefully they have limited ability to ship more munitions + equipment.

they're going to roll ukraine and israel funding into one and they will salute the flag. the quickest repub anti-war vibe speedrun in history

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Al! posted:

regardless of how much control Is projected, sovereignty is a fickle thing.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/robrousseau/status/1710661647667192097

I wonder just how long ago this was planned out, so far the execution of the whole offensive has been extremely impressive and obviously Mossad had no idea it was coming.

It was insanely impressive. I think this is just the beginning too.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

hoping my d2i is the one that tips the scales

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Sierra Nevadan posted:

yeah, its like from asbury to seaside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I hate Jake Tapper so much. There is no difference between what they are airing on CNN right now and Israeli state TV.