Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

You've done the Lord's work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Lisa Gilroy pronouncing kielbasa as cuba-saw broke my brain.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Another great Gilroy performance, made the episode. Mitra Jouhari's character was also good, but I'm glad she was in the C block, I think a little dose of that was plenty.

On the other hand, not the best PFT character. Wasn't terrible, but definitely not his best work. Still, good episode on the balance.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Lisa Gilroy's creative process seems to be "Come up with a character name, then write out a three-phrase description of them that I can also repeat as a reset (Also one of the phrases should imply that I'm a great person in spite of being an obvious dirtbag)"

This could be a problem or a criticism if it didn't work spectacularly.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

You're missing step 3 which is "say the most buck wild poo poo and commit wholly to it". She goes from the starting point of 'Elvis Presley' and gets to 'Dr. Skeleton's Celebrity Toilet' within 30 seconds of being introduced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwV6p7tD2Ks

The woman has a gift.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Lisa Gilroy has got to be in the top 10 funniest people on the planet

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

She's incredible. I still need to listen to the last 2 Dickie Donnelly episodes.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

CatstropheWaitress posted:

You're missing step 3 which is "say the most buck wild poo poo and commit wholly to it". She goes from the starting point of 'Elvis Presley' and gets to 'Dr. Skeleton's Celebrity Toilet' within 30 seconds of being introduced.

The woman has a gift.

Unless something else pops up suddenly, this is by far my #1 this year.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

CatstropheWaitress posted:

The woman has a gift.

Wow I can’t believe I forgot about this.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
wow thanks

also she is totally right we DO say cooba saw

mennoknight fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 4, 2023

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
The Kyle Chutney one was my first time hearing her (I dip in and out of episodes), her sheer momentum is insane.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Lisa Gilroy plus Lauren Lapkus is deadly

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Speaking of Lauren Lapkus, what's up with Newcomers? I just remembered that the Batman season was supposed to start two months ago.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

Speaking of Lauren Lapkus, what's up with Newcomers? I just remembered that the Batman season was supposed to start two months ago.

She's mentioned on Threedom that they are watching Batman. Not sure why it's taking so long to release the episodes. Maybe they don't want to be seen as breaking the SAG strike? But that hasn't stopped other movie podcasts starring actors.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Very old but Paul and Drew as Mike Ermantraut is amazing

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

RandolphCarter posted:

Very old but Paul and Drew as Mike Ermantraut is amazing

Dunno if it’s also old news to you but the person who does some animation of cbb bits made one of that segment

https://youtu.be/fyJ0SJ5fEfI?si=YpSTNLmtMHukdLe9

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

0konner posted:

Dunno if it’s also old news to you but the person who does some animation of cbb bits made one of that segment

I had not seen that thanks. I had that episode sitting on my phone unlistened to for some reason.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

0konner posted:

lmao ty

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Another jay johnston snipe in this week’s CBB lol

Bob odenkirk laughed so we can too I think

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Stay away from our granddaughter.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Nichael posted:

Stay away from our granddaughter.

Do not, under any stircumstances...

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

Another jay johnston snipe in this week’s CBB lol

Bob odenkirk laughed so we can too I think

I remember there was a subtle dig at him from PFT last week too, but can’t recall what it was.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

I remember there was a subtle dig at him from PFT last week too, but can’t recall what it was.

my favorite is still from the best ofs:

"We actually recorded an episode during the January 6 coup"

"Which is proof that we WERE NOT THERE"

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Jfc, A block was interminable in this ep. Scott is no fun when he’s not talking to someone funny, and Reggie just doesn’t have any discernible comedy point of view. Gourley and Lund really saved it after the break.

Sorry I only post here when I think an episode is bad. I think 95% of the episodes are great!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I haven’t listened yet but that’s a shame, I feel like I remember Reggie being funny. Maybe working for corden took something from him

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Maybe I’m just a drat sourpuss. I hope everyone else thinks he’s hilarious and I’m just the dummy who doesn’t get it.

Edit: I also think I remember Reggie being funnier ten years ago when he was a frequent guest.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I mean scott has made the point on air that Reggie was notoriously always late to the tv shoots. Haven’t listened yet but wouldn’t be shocked if he’s just completely checked out.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Hadn't looked at this weeks episode yet, if Amanda is on it's a must listen, with Gourley too.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I've liked the recent Reggie episodes. Scott always seems to have a lot of fun when he's on and that translates to me.

It was funny when Scott asked him a question during B block and Reggie was completely checked out.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh man do I love Codi and Cody. There was a group of Disney Adults in the last place I worked and they sound just like them

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
I get the vibe Reggie is always careful not to bad mouth anyone to keep in with the James Cordon/mainstream crowd so he kind of gets quiet whenever Scott might be saying something controversial even when it’s obviously a joke.

Plus from his socials I always got the vibe he’s a bit of a weird guy and drugs have destroyed his mind a bit, looks like he’s been on Rogan talking about UFOs recently.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Gil Ozari in a B block? He’s moving up in the world!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gotta laugh how Bans is one of his more decipherable characters too.

For a comedy writer, Sam Jay seemed to struggle picking up when Scott was making jokes. Glad she listed off all the comedians she liked growing up for a solid minute or two tho.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Are we sure that’s even Gil? I mean, his voice is so intelligible.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

That was a rough A bloc, but I thought Sam Jay got way better once she had the other characters to play off of. Went from really dreading the rest of the episode to really enjoying her.

Also, love that Bane is back! Oh hell maybe!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Hess' Benny Sands was an unexpected highlight for me. Feels like it's been a while since we had a character where the game is "I never really get to my thing," just a constant escalation of mundane details.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Should have an ep of every singer character they can bring back. I guess drew tarver would be triple-cast by my count.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I liked Sam Jay, but it was definitely a case where Scott wasn’t playing the character of “Scott Aukerman” and was having a real conversation with her about comedy and writing.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Hearing people say the term “that’s fire” as a response to something feels like nails on chalk for my aged elder millennial ears.

Except she is 41 years old so there goes my assumption that she sounded like an extreme youngern.

jeeves fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I’ve really been enjoying Mark Rennie’s enduring run on Eat Pray Dunk.