Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Going to a demonstration today, hopefully uneventful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Surprising news for people are who pretty sure when one shoots into crowds of unarmed civilians one is a terrorist - Such people may be surprised to learn which groups in Israel have a habit of shooting into crowds of unarmed civilians, and also individually picking out unarmed civilians for the purposes of shooting at them. But people who would be surprised by such findings should do themselves, one supposes.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Fellatio del Toro posted:

hearing widespread disturbing reports that many israelis were unable to barricade themselves inside their homes because the invaders somehow had keys

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

paul_soccer12 posted:

good luck and if i meet paul soccer 13 i will tell him you were one of the all time great ones

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Resistance News Network posted:

The eternal martyr Basil Al-Araj wrote abundantly before his ascension in March of 2017. In his posthumously published book, "I Have Found My Answers," (a line from his will) he spoke of war during the 2014 zionist aggression on Gaza, just prior to the IOF ground invasion on July 17.

Basil guided us with eight rules and insights on the nature of war. He wrote:

Since there is talk of a ground operation, several points must be considered:

1. The Palestinian resistance consists of guerrilla formations whose strategies follow the logic of guerrilla warfare or hybrid warfare, which Arabs and Muslims have become masters of through our experiences in Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon, and Gaza. War is never based on the logic of conventional wars and the defense of fixed points and borders; on the contrary, you draw the enemy into an ambush. You do not stick to a fixed position to defend it; instead, you perform maneuvers, movement, withdrawal, and attack from the flanks and the rear. So, never measure it against conventional wars.

2. The enemy will spread photos and videos of their invasion into Gaza, occupation of residential buildings, or presence in public areas and well-known landmarks. This is part of the psychological warfare in guerrilla wars; you allow your enemy to move as they wish so that they fall into your trap and you strike them. You determine the location and timing of the battle. So, you may see photos from Al-Katiba Square, Al-Saraya, Al-Rimal, or Omar Al-Mukhtar Street, but do not let this weaken your resolve. The battle is judged by its overall results, and this is merely a show.

3. Never spread the occupation's propaganda, and do not contribute to instilling a sense of defeat. This must be focused on, for soon, we will start talking about a massive invasion in Beit Lahia and Al-Nusseirat, for example. Never spread panic; be supportive of the resistance and do not spread any news broadcast by the occupation (forget about the ethics and impartiality of journalism; just as the zionist journalist is a fighter, so are you).

4. The enemy may broadcast images of prisoners, most likely civilians, but the goal is to suggest the rapid collapse of the resistance. Do not believe them.

5. The enemy will carry out tactical, qualitative operations to assassinate some symbols [of resistance], and all of this is part of psychological warfare. Those who have died and those who will die will never affect the resistance's system and cohesion because the structure and formations of the resistance are not centralized but horizontal and widespread. Their goal is to influence the resistance's support base and the families of the resistance fighters, as they are the only ones who can affect the men of the resistance.

6. Our direct human and material losses will be much greater than the enemy's, which is natural in guerrilla wars that rely on willpower, the human element, and the extent of patience and endurance. We are far more capable of bearing the costs, so there is no need to compare or be alarmed by the magnitude of the numbers.

7. Today's wars are no longer just wars and clashes between armies but rather are struggles between societies. Let us be like a solid structure and play a game of biting fingers with the enemy, our society against their society.

Finally, every Palestinian (in the broad sense, meaning anyone who sees Palestine as a part of their struggle, regardless of their secondary identities), every Palestinian is on the front lines of the battle for Palestine, so be careful not to fail in your duty.
(from t.me/PalestineResist/13656, via tgsa)

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1711055395567923262

just a light genocide, as a treat

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Hamas can win this war easily. They must beg Hillary Clinton to publicly support Israel.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Al-Saqr posted:

israel is asking its citizens to flee and evacuate the Sinai Peninsula Inmediately

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1711056614734627134?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

israel is saying that the Zekem military base is under attack

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1711051278363619642?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Blinken to Bibi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJZBYHBfUlA

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

hearing widespread disturbing reports that many israelis were unable to barricade themselves inside their homes because the invaders somehow had keys

lol 00f

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

speng31b
May 8, 2010

paul_soccer12 posted:

be safe paul

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Al! posted:

has there been a single person on western media that has at least been somewhat sympathetic to the idea that maybe the palestinian people were getting a raw deal before this?

ironically ted turner https://www.theguardian.com/media/2002/jun/18/terrorismandthemedia.israel

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

i wouldn't believe any numbers at all for now

Yeah I'm seeing articles claiming 250 dead innocent civilians at the concentration camp rave and then the same article saying witnesses saw dozens of hostages being taken and a couple bodies on the ground.

Doesn't sound like the massacre the mainstream media is pushing hard to portray it as

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

paul_soccer12 posted:

Yeah I'm seeing articles claiming 250 dead innocent civilians at the concentration camp rave and then the same article saying witnesses saw dozens of hostages being taken and a couple bodies on the ground.

Doesn't sound like the massacre the mainstream media is pushing hard to portray it as

it is entirely possible if anyone was killed it was by stampeding but who knows, everyone's going to rip one way or another on whatever battlefield gossip they can get at the very moment

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

FlapYoJacks posted:

Hamas can win this war easily. They must beg Hillary Clinton to publicly support Israel.

Concerning that she hasn't tweeted about it yet. Prayers up

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Hillary's strategy to defeat Hamas:
✓Defeat Hamas in Gaza & West Bank
✓Disrupt & dismantle terrorist infrastructure
✓Harden our defenses

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Nanomashoes posted:

✓Harden our defenses

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al! posted:

it is entirely possible if anyone was killed it was by stampeding but who knows, everyone's going to rip one way or another on whatever battlefield gossip they can get at the very moment
nobody dies from that in open-air areas, stampedes kill people by crushing up in a tight space

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

paul_soccer12 posted:

stay safe <3

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nanomashoes posted:

✓Harden our defenses

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

goddamn

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

paul_soccer12 posted:

I think the attractive white women being kidnapped is the hook for it, like the girl on the motorbike whose boyfriend is being marched off or whatever, and the German IDF veteran who was killed.

Women in peril was a fixture of Victorian punitive expedition legitimation. I mean, look at what they did to India after the Mutiny. I believe the concept is called something like "imperial dignity", where you can do whatever you like to subject people but if they lay a hand on you, particularly a woman, you're "allowed" to do what you were going to do anyway.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i somehow missed this

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i say swears online posted:

nobody dies from that in open-air areas, stampedes kill people by crushing up in a tight space

a bunch of people got crushed to death in australia at an open air festival like last year

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dont like where this oncversation is going

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

I think the attractive white women being kidnapped is the hook for it, like the girl on the motorbike whose boyfriend is being marched off or whatever, and the German IDF veteran who was killed.

Women in peril was a fixture of Victorian punitive expedition legitimation. I mean, look at what they did to India after the Mutiny. I believe the concept is called something like "imperial dignity", where you can do whatever you like to subject people but if they lay a hand on you, particularly a woman, you're "allowed" to do what you were going to do anyway.

focus on something else

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

paul_soccer12 posted:

They might count the hostages as "dead" since they are not sure where they are being kept and are just doing random bombing runs in Gaza

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al! posted:

a bunch of people got crushed to death in australia at an open air festival like last year

weak aussie constitutions

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

it's just a fact that there's all sorts of explanations, people don't know what happened because it just happened so everyone's just talking poo poo

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

She was an IDF volunteer from germany????? First I'm hearing of it

speng31b
May 8, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

focus on something else

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Al! posted:

it's just a fact that there's all sorts of explanations, people don't know what happened because it just happened so everyone's just talking poo poo

oh you're talking about ff lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
walking away from ff like a deranged npc in cyberpunk who doesn't even rate taking executive control and overriding my movement

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well-meaning news for Frosted Flake - To be on the safe side, and in view of the documented issues surrounding Frosted Flake's past posts about women, Frosted Flake is advised to not post about women any more.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Why would Barack Obama do this

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
The death rate is probably that high because Hamas does not view settlers as civilians but as legitimate military targets. One of their spokesman went on Al Jazeera and said this:

https://twitter.com/yasminalombaert/status/1711000650857721896

Also, a lot of bombing going on the Gaza livestream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Truga posted:

i simply wouldn't hold a rave in a warzone

the cease fyre festival