Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

did they get a birthright bus lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

lmao ruh roh

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
ff why do all those idf glamor shots have what looks like a hat stuck under their epaulets? im not up on military dress up

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

my grandfather died at a concentration camp

oh wow thats terrible!

he fell out of the DJ booth

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
us troops are too stupid and weak to actually rescue anyone without getting like half of the hostages killed, so i imagine biden is having the op planned as we speak

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Best Friends posted:

Aren’t they already pretty well armed? I thought the settlement idea was little volunteer fortresses manned by volunteer armed psychos who moved there to participate in the race war.

yeah my idea of settlers were that they were all armed. very funny if that's not true

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i hope this psycho nation doesnt send troops but who are we kidding

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Videos all over twitter today of IDF soldiers brutalized, killing, and mutilating Palestinian civilians, usually accompanied by Israeli settlers in civilian clothes running along side trying to get a few cheap shots in like the dogs they are

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Good Citizen posted:

did they get a birthright bus lol

nah they're almost certainly settlers with dual citizenship. usually israel will emphasize the israeli-ness of these folks so it's cool to see them play up the US citizen angle in order to escalate the conflict

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
how many helicopters is the US going to crash in the rescue attempt?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

I'm assuming these are largely people with dual citizenship

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

how many helicopters is the US going to crash in the rescue attempt?

operation eagle flaw

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

didnt hamas shoot down idf helicopters over gaza yesterday

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Death By The Blues posted:

The death rate is probably that high because Hamas does not view settlers as civilians but as legitimate military targets.

they're correct, settlers on occupied lands are unprivileged combatants

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

IK edit: probated this post by accident, meant to get this one but browser vertical snap from tweet embed loads got the wrong button.

Stereotype posted:

I think both groups should have to leave the area and it should be turned into a nature preserve. seems fair

Somebody has issued a correction as of 19:19 on Oct 8, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

i heard they took fire but didn't hear that any crashed

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Schindler's Playlist

Lol God fkin drat

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Schindler's Playlist

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

paul_soccer12 posted:

Videos all over twitter today of IDF soldiers brutalized, killing, and mutilating Palestinian civilians, usually accompanied by Israeli settlers in civilian clothes running along side trying to get a few cheap shots in like the dogs they are

yeah im not going on X, the Everything Platform today because i don't want to see a bunch of dead bodies being paraded around

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i say swears online posted:

i heard they took fire but didn't hear that any crashed

ah

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

i say swears online posted:

operation eagle flaw

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

good thing the american government doesn't care about americans killed in israel

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

HallelujahLee posted:

i forgot who it was but they made a good point about the jedi in the succ thread that they're at best indifferent turds coruscant has billions of people that live in squalor never see the sun and are basically used as soylent green or whatever, the jedi do nothing about it, nevermind the rest of the galaxy

IIRC the only reason they freed Anakin was because they needed to use him as child labor in an unsafe job. The other slaves on his planet were basically told to get lost.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

and the German IDF veteran who was killed.

You can't just throw this out there and dip

I haven't found anything saying she was an IDF veteran, just an Israeli citizen

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

guidoanselmi posted:

good thing the american government doesn't care about americans killed in israel

lol remember the bulldozer activist

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/redstreamnet/status/1711025426867380254

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

sullat posted:

IIRC the only reason they freed Anakin was because they needed to use him as child labor in an unsafe job. The other slaves on his planet were basically told to get lost.

this sounds about right but i havent watched that movie in a decade

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Al! posted:

yeah im not going on X, the Everything Platform today because i don't want to see a bunch of dead bodies being paraded around

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Let's go

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I think both groups should have to leave the area and it should be turned into a nature preserve. seems fair

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

HallelujahLee posted:

There was ARMA footage getting passed around as real yesterday, idk if any helicopters actually got shot down

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

this the steam hat economy guy

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

yanis ftw

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

my grandfather died at a concentration camp

oh wow thats terrible!

he fell out of the DJ booth

smarxist posted:

but doctor,

hearing widespread disturbing reports that many israelis were unable to barricade themselves inside their homes because the invaders somehow had keys

lmao

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

paul_soccer12 posted:

You can't just throw this out there and dip

I haven't found anything saying she was an IDF veteran, just an Israeli citizen

i don't think she was israeli, everything says she was a tourist from germany

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Where the gently caress is half life 3 bitch

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

DarkSithLord posted:

i don't think she was israeli, everything says she was a tourist from germany

Saw one article saying she had Israeli citizenship and lived in Beit-Shemish but nothing about IDF service

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

HallelujahLee posted:

that was arma 3 footage again lol

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

netizen posted:

How do you read so many books?

It's my job, and if I'm in the library I don't have to go to as many meetings.

Al! posted:

nobody is saying that it's a thing that didn't/doesn't happen lol. anyway i want to hear about hamas parade discipline!!!!

Well, it's a different tradition and serves a different purpose, right? According to an article by the Ankara Center for Crisis and Policy Studies , What is the Necessity of Military Parades?, there is a distinct Middle Eastern tradition of parading, with ties to religious processions. This seems to be supported by The "bayʿa": Modern Political Uses of Islamic Ritual in the Arab World, a paper in Die Welt des Islams which supports the use of processions and formed groups of men as an important tool for group identity formation within the Middle East. In both instances, there are visual similarities to western military parades, but the messages being conveyed to the audience are more culturally specific and so are their forms.

All of which to say, while the Egyptian, Pakistani and Jordanian Armies on parade are immediately recognizable at 116 beats per minute with a 76 cm step or 120 paces per minute with a 75 cm step, Hamas is drawing from a different tradition. Not just because they're not marching to Army of the Nile, but because they're trying to send a different message.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that was arma 3 footage again lol

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

they're correct, settlers on occupied lands are unprivileged combatants

Sorry shmm my browser window vertically jumped loading all the twitter embeds so the probe button clicked onto your post instead of this one... such is fate

Stereotype posted: