Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/asadabukhalil/status/1711070502243242022?s=20

LOL is Israel so wiped the gently caress out daddy america has to park an aircraft carrier close by? whatever happened to the mighty IDF LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Ardennes posted:

I would say his "post-capitalism" gets quite vague when push comes to shove.

anything is worth a shot at this point

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

it feels like a disconnect this time around. In previous Palestinian-Israeli military engagements (specifically Israeli air strikes on the Palestinian people), there were evangelicals all over my feed declaring that this was self defense and we (the US) has to stand side by side with Israel. they would change their profile pic to the Israeli flag or post pictures telling everyone to stand with Israel.

I do not know if it is just the fatigue of the last few years or specifically the Russia-Ukraine conflict but it seems like I have not witnessed the public caring about this at all. hell, it could just be that it is the weekend.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Editing The Pale Rider

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/usatoday/status/1711075231912067527?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

Hamas “airstrikes”

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

HallelujahLee posted:

here we go

US to move carrier strike group closer to Israel, Austin says

The US will be moving a carrier strike group closer to Israel, which includes the Ford carrier and ships that support it, US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin says.

Austin also adds that the United States will provide munitions to Israel, and that its security assistance will begin moving.

The Pentagon will also be adding fighter jets in the region.

😂

also I can’t believe I have to cancel Mark Hamill now

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Fellatio del Toro posted:

hearing widespread disturbing reports that many israelis were unable to barricade themselves inside their homes because the invaders somehow had keys

loving lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The latest stats for palestian dead are out:-

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1711067969625923787?s=20

if this is true, the Palestinians have managed to achieve a 3-to-1 casualty ratio IN THEIR FAVOUR. which is an unprecedented event in every way.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

it feels like a disconnect this time around. In previous Palestinian-Israeli military engagements (specifically Israeli air strikes on the Palestinian people), there were evangelicals all over my feed declaring that this was self defense and we (the US) has to stand side by side with Israel. they would change their profile pic to the Israeli flag or post pictures telling everyone to stand with Israel.

I do not know if it is just the fatigue of the last few years or specifically the Russia-Ukraine conflict but it seems like I have not witnessed the public caring about this at all. hell, it could just be that it is the weekend.

NFL Redzon - 7 Hours of Commercial Free football starts now!

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Has Hamas tried just doing this

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 19:08 on Oct 8, 2023

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i dont know a lot about the domestic politics of israel in 2023, do palestinians still do most of the service work in places like jerusalem?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'm named after that boat

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Sancho Banana posted:

Has Hamas tried just doing this
[timg]imgur.com/I34xuOs[/timg]

looks difficult op

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
this is the only place i can go to read about this without getting immediately pissed off

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

HallelujahLee posted:

here we go

US to move carrier strike group closer to Israel, Austin says

The US will be moving a carrier strike group closer to Israel, which includes the Ford carrier and ships that support it, US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin says.

Austin also adds that the United States will provide munitions to Israel, and that its security assistance will begin moving.

The Pentagon will also be adding fighter jets in the region.

that's also conveniently close to the black sea lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hamas seems to have planned and calculated such a perfect attack that even batshit USA Today thinks Palestinian combatants had jet bombers

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Spergin Morlock posted:

that's also conveniently close to the black sea lol
what a surprise

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

Hamas seems to have planned and calculated such a perfect attack that even batshit USA Today thinks Palestinian combatants had jet bombers

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
theres still time for bibi to surrender to prevent further bloodshed

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/KindaHagi/status/1711036162792358345?s=20

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Harold Fjord posted:

I'm named after that boat

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

ELTON JOHN posted:

this is the only place i can go to read about this without getting immediately pissed off

I wish I could say Twitter was completely useless but it’s definitely more “actively harmful” now

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/asadabukhalil/status/1711070502243242022?s=20

LOL is Israel so wiped the gently caress out daddy america has to park an aircraft carrier close by? whatever happened to the mighty IDF LOL

This is basically the entire history of the IDF. The only thing they’re good at is killing civilians and journalists. The second they come against any organized armed group they wilt into incompetency and demand US intervention

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Gazasoyface.jpg

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Axios, citing a US official: Blinken asked Arab governments aligned with "Israel" to condemn Hamas, which they refrained from doing

lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wapo: Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) was able to safely depart from Israel early Sunday,

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Wapo: Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) was able to safely depart from Israel early Sunday,

thanking the heavens that he is safe

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Blinken is easily one of the most impotent Secretary's of State in history.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Dr. VooDoo posted:

This is basically the entire history of the IDF. The only thing they’re good at is killing civilians and journalists. The second they come against any organized armed group they wilt into incompetency and demand US intervention

It's very funny because they've inverted that in a recent book, The Soviet-Israeli War, 1967-1973: The USSR's Military Intervention in the Egyptian-Israeli Conflict

Russia's forceful re-entry into the Middle Eastern arena, and the accentuated continuity of Soviet policy and methods of the 1960s and '70s, highlight the topicality of this groundbreaking study, which confirms the USSR's role in shaping Middle Eastern and global history. This book covers the peak of the USSR's direct military involvement in the Egyptian-Israeli conflict. The head-on clash between US-armed Israeli forces and up to 20,000 Soviet servicemen (at a time) with state-of-the-art weaponry turned the Middle East into the hottest front of the Cold War. The Soviets' success in this war of attrition paved the way for their planning and support of Egypt's cross-canal offensive in the 1973 Yom Kippur War. Ginor and Remez challenge a series of long-accepted notions as to the scope, timeline and character of the Soviet intervention and overturn the conventional view that détente led to a curtailment of Egyptian ambitions to recapture the land it lost to Israel in the Six-Day War of 1967. Between this analytical rethink and the introduction of an entirely new genre of sources--memoirs and other publications by Soviet veterans themselves---The Soviet-Israeli War paves the way for scholars to revisit this pivotal moment in world history.

(Famously the Soviets stood by and let the US rebuild the IDF in 1973 while backing away from replenishing the Syrians and Egyptians.)

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Other than that, how was the rave, Mr. Senator

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

speng31b posted:

thanking the heavens that he is safe

i think he could have done more to help before leaving

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think he could have done more to help before leaving

agreed

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

netizen posted:

How do you read so many books?

Canada have all their artillery to Nazis so it's the only thing left for him. Lucky guy

KomradeX has issued a correction as of 19:32 on Oct 8, 2023

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

hamas put out a statement "we're not afraid of that aircraft carrier"

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1711072459863040053?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

paging the gla

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

when reached for comment, senator booker released this statement:

"loving awesome bass, just the best facemelters all night. already bought tickets for next year!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
watch hamas sink an aircraft carrier