Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.
Doing my family "30 for 30" marathon and I cannot, in good conscience, recommend Hellions (2015) to anyone. I'll probably say the same about Pet Sematary: Bloodlines today, but at least I sandwiched Hereditary in between them. Never seen it before and woo, that movie goes hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The description of the Count Yorga movies makes them sound quite Hammery, are they very Hammery?

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
Just watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre for the first time.

The final shot reminds me of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Is there a cameo where that scene is playing in the background when they’re in the hotel room, or am I totally fabricating this memory?

boof
Jun 3, 2001
You might be thinking of American Psycho maybe?

https://youtu.be/N85dgcdbLvw?si=sDeY2FEWNFqwp0OB

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
watching The Outwaters and i think i hate it

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Stick it out.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
It’s still the weekend and that means another installment of the Scream Stream!

Sunday’s Lineup!

The first of our films is:

The Phantom of the Opera (1925)

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0016220/parentalguide

Followed by:

Return to Oz(1985)

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0089908/parentalguide

And stay up for the post show! Featuring:

Kolchak: The Night Stalker (1974)

And…

Brimstone (1998)

You can watch tonight with preshow starting at 8:00 PM EST and the Features beginning at 8:30. Join in on https://beta.watchw.me/Lurdiak . Chat via the integrated site discord, or you can join directly at https://discord.gg/ne67A5DQ . Spooky travels, and see you next weekend, starting on Friday night!

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

Naked Man Punch posted:

Doing my family "30 for 30" marathon and I cannot, in good conscience, recommend Hellions (2015) to anyone. I'll probably say the same about Pet Sematary: Bloodlines today, but at least I sandwiched Hereditary in between them. Never seen it before and woo, that movie goes hard.

Is that Hellions the weird "documentary" about underground goblins or something? I've been tempted to check that out but never pulled thre trigger.

Edit: My bad- I was thinking of Hellier

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

boof posted:

You might be thinking of American Psycho maybe?

https://youtu.be/N85dgcdbLvw?si=sDeY2FEWNFqwp0OB

Yup! That was it.

I must have gotten the decadent post-crisis Americana of Fear and Loathing crossed with Chainsaw.

Benicio Del Toro’s character seemed prone to ecstatic, gestural dance at least

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I hated it too. It just didn’t have any kind of pay off or any explanation and when I say explanation I’m using it very liberally. I’m fine with something as simple as they crossed the line where the monsters don’t like or something.

I just need a little bit to grab on to so i can understand the threat.

Opening scene was the best part

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

MrMojok posted:

Id like to know who Universal/Peacock paid $400 million TO for the rights to The Exorcist

I've heard mixed whether it was $400 mil for the rights in full or just the rights to make three films. Either way, oof.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
gently caress the cameraman in Outwaters. Stop pointing the camera at the ground you daft oval office.

Brimstone was dope.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Holy poo poo lol

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
What I remember most from Outwaters non-visually was "are they trying to imply the cameraman is gay"? Then I watched a couple of interviews with him and felt ashamed.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

god drat. perfect

i watched Malum last night and the "IT'S A PIG" quote kept popping into my head

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i'm watching midsommar for the first time and i really hope this protagonist's boyfriend gets killed asap

i'll report back when it's over

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i'm watching midsommar for the first time and i really hope this protagonist's boyfriend gets killed asap

Please do.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Tried to do a “stay in the light” theme night with the Boogeyman, Lights Out, and Darkness, but ended up watching the wrong Darkness movie which also ended up being the worst of the bunch.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Sometimes it takes time to do things well.

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

ruddiger posted:

Tried to do a “stay in the light” theme night with the Boogeyman, Lights Out, and Darkness, but ended up watching the wrong Darkness movie which also ended up being the worst of the bunch.

Darkness Falls would also qualify, for better or worse. How's the Boogeyman?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Brand new extra long Kane Pixels video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWNMsZ44ooc

It’s a continuation of this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjY897CCu4g

I continue to be extremelt hype for his feature length A24 movie. I hope we get some sort of teaser trailer soon.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

CelticPredator posted:

I hated it too. It just didn’t have any kind of pay off or any explanation and when I say explanation I’m using it very liberally. I’m fine with something as simple as they crossed the line where the monsters don’t like or something.

I just need a little bit to grab on to so i can understand the threat.

Opening scene was the best part

there’s a great slow psychotic break buried under a ton of boring characters and starbucks music

its one im gonna have to watch again when im feeling more patient

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Keep the slasher hybrids coming I will loving watch em all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsKLKriMch4

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Argue posted:

Keep the slasher hybrids coming I will loving watch em all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsKLKriMch4

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Lazy_Liberal posted:

haha nice

vvv yes, huge josh energy vvv

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Lazy_Liberal posted:

For after you finish :

That dude is just the worst. Me and my sister came in pre-spoiled so by a half-hour in we were shouting, “Get in the bear already!” at the screen.

We still use “get in the bear” as a synonym for “stop this”.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

lol

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Don't make the mistake I made and watch the directors cut of Midsommar which is nearly 3 goddamn hours long.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I loved the directors cut and have never watched the theatrical cut to compare but I was in the mood to just luxuriate in something taking its time that night

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Don't make the mistake I made and watch the directors cut of Midsommar which is nearly 3 goddamn hours long.

too late

i had a very nice time the whole way through

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
There's a really good 90 minute horror movie in Midsommar

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Yeah, it's called The Wicker Man! :v:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

90 mins is overrated

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hollismason posted:

The normal cut is two and a half hours long. If you're willing to sit through two and a half interminable hours with those loving characters and come out the other end saying you really enjoyed it, I'm not sure why another half hour would be a deal breaker.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah never had any regrets watching the DC.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I just thought the whole movie was to goddamn long and it took great effort to not turn that poo poo off at the 1 hour and 20 mark when I said "Goddamn how long is this movie" and checked the time.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hollismason posted:

I just thought the whole movie was to goddamn long and it took great effort to not turn that poo poo off at the 1 hour and 20 mark when I said "Goddamn how long is this movie" and checked the time.

It's about being with these characters, the woman who is very sad and her scummy boyfriend. You're there with them, on this unpleasant holiday you regret agreeing to. That's what the movie was going for and it absolutely nailed it, and the fact that it goes on way too loving long is part of it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Gripweed posted:

It's about being with these characters, the woman who is very sad and her scummy boyfriend. You're there with them, on this unpleasant holiday you regret agreeing to. That's what the movie was going for and it absolutely nailed it, and the fact that it goes on way too loving long is part of it.

I literally said " what the gently caress" when I realized I still had 1 hour and 20 minutes to go

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Midsommar owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Horror movies are sub 90 minute perfections or 2 hour plus minute masterpieces and there is no in between.