Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

https://x.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1709672922397216782?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Morgan Moses getting hurt just as Stanley returns is so predictable

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Big Jeff

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I thought about Dannell Ellerbe at like 4am last night.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Not quite the immortal Josh Bynes, but still a storied Superbowl champion.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
not the greatest tom grossi: afc north episode

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

Morgan Moses getting hurt just as Stanley returns is so predictable

https://x.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1709993469014389049?s=20

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

that's good because Daniel Faalele might have gotten Lamar literally killed

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I just got back from Poplar Island. I had never been. Man there were so many cool birds there and not even peak season. I got good looks at Baird's Sandpiper for the first time. Also got to see White-rumped Sandpipers, Stilt Sandpipers, Avocets ,and more. I'm gonna try to go to one of the ones in July or August next year but those are a little intimidating.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm glad the Orioles lost

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kawalimus posted:

I just got back from Poplar Island. I had never been. Man there were so many cool birds there and not even peak season. I got good looks at Baird's Sandpiper for the first time. Also got to see White-rumped Sandpipers, Stilt Sandpipers, Avocets ,and more. I'm gonna try to go to one of the ones in July or August next year but those are a little intimidating.

lucky

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm glad the Orioles lost

They aren't doing anything this year. Their bats just go too cold. To hold the Rangers to 3 and lose is pathetic. But it's fine--they should only get better from here. They need a Miguel Cabrera type of hitter.

It'd be funny if they lost in 5 winning both games at texas. So all the fighting for the AL East made them lose in the playoffs because they're a better road team.

The trips are free and late season ones like this one you can even just show up the day of without signing up and walk on.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

They aren't doing anything this year.

its a bit late to say that

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

its a bit late to say that

I meant in the postseason. But that's not meant as an insult to the team they are just a year away from being able to win this sort of thing assuming they get one or two more pieces. And they have Holliday coming up at some point.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

boy are your arms tired

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

They aren't doing anything this year. Their bats just go too cold. To hold the Rangers to 3 and lose is pathetic. But it's fine--they should only get better from here. They need a Miguel Cabrera type of hitter.

I never watched a single full game of baseball in my life so I wonder if this is the MLB equivalent to "the Ravens should just add a Shannon Sharpe type of player"

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Nah the O’s really could use a big middle of the order bat

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

They need someone teams are scared to pitch to. They have a bunch of guys who are good but nobody on that level. Just like the Ravens dont have a WR who needs double coverage.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

I’ve watched a decent amount of O’s baseball this season and I don’t really think it’s true to say “their bats go too cold” like it’s a thing that has happened frequently or in a sustained way this season. It did last night, but they haven’t had a bunch of long offensive slumps this season.

But yeah they should get Shohei. That would rule.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Its been the case late in the season

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

tough loss but I'm sure a trip to Europe will get this team focused

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ravens have won 3 games and beat themselves 2 games. Hopefully this loss can be a come to Jesus moment because they aren't going to compete with the class of the AFC with all these mistakes.

Defense is still great, Monken's scheme looks better every week, and Lamar is still absurdly accurate through week 5. All that said, if they lose to Tennessee next week it's time to panic.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you say the ravens are 3-0 against anyone other than themselves. i say the ravens are 2-0

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Ravens have won 3 games and beat themselves 2 games. Hopefully this loss can be a come to Jesus moment because they aren't going to compete with the class of the AFC with all these mistakes.

Defense is still great, Monken's scheme looks better every week, and Lamar is still absurdly accurate through week 5. All that said, if they lose to Tennessee next week it's time to panic.

Lamar is great but trash if there's any pressure on him in the pocket. He has no feel for the rush if he's dialed in to pass and constantly fumbles when contacted. He's had an entire season's worth of fumbles over 5 games. I'll forgive the interception on the pass to Beckham because that was a horrible 2nd an 3rd down set of playcalls.

We fumbled AGAIN on a big first down play where it looked like we were taking full control of the game. We went for it AGAIN on 4th down in a poor decision. Remember last year Marcus Peters visibly wanting to strangle Harbaugh for that?? He's been doing that his ENTIRE COACHING CAREER HE IS NEVER GOING TO loving LEARN. GOD drat IT I HATE HIM SO MUCH an the dumb bewildered faces he makes after his OWN lovely DECISIONS GO AWRY like he expected ANYTHING ELSE.

JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Lamar and turnovers in Pittsburgh, name a more iconic duo

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

D-LINK posted:

Lamar and turnovers in Pittsburgh, name a more iconic duo

Ravens receivers and drops

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

One day Lamar will snap back in Pittsburgh like a gum band

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Ravens receivers and drops

Passes skipping off the field in front to the target isn't a drop bruh

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

D-LINK posted:

did you even watch the game man

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

D-LINK posted:

That happened one single time today in a completely inconsequential manner

I actually will even credit OBJ with a drop-like point for not tackling Porter and just letting him pick it off. He could have easily prevented that and we still would get the FG.

Possible you can blame Lamar for the Flowers fallover play. If it had been put in front of him he probably goes for a TD.

Flowers has to be regretting getting drafted by the Ravens. I've said it before but if I'm a WR and the Ravens draft me I play baseball. Even if I've never picked up a bat.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 8, 2023

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kawalimus posted:

I actually will even credit OBJ with a drop-like point for not tackling Porter and just letting him pick it off. He could have easily prevented that and we still would get the FG.

Boy this brings me back.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

https://twitter.com/NFLGrandheer/status/1711112363292696948?s=19

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Good weekend for Maryland sports, well done everyone

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i love the ravens. i love watching the ravens.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i love them and i love the steelers

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm proud of us

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sweet thursday posted:

I'm proud of us

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I texted my buddy this afternoon that I didn't know if I'd be angrier if they lost or won. I want Canada fired into a loving supernova, but that throw to Pickens county was very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'm glad the Ravens lost