Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

"bite the bullet" like his mindless blather is some kind of sacrifice for us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Is the media trying to start a ground war in Iran or is the buden administration?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

a war with iran a very good idea im sure

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The ruling class can't seem to decide who the designated evil enemy should be. They were trying to drum up distrust and hatred of China because of the scary social media app; that didn't work, so I guess they decided to settle on Iran.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 22:12 on Oct 8, 2023

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

American settlers flee in terror. Israel cannot protect them from their criminality any longer

https://twitter.com/PalHighlight/status/1710950481843961890

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

RC Cola posted:

won't someone think of this soldier sailor being held captive in the prison she helps maintain????

It’s so much funnier that she’s a sailor, because you have to think people join the Israeli Navy believing there’s no risk of return fire or anything.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

HallelujahLee posted:

a war with iran a very good idea im sure

what could go wrong

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

someone lost their job over this

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The big looming question hanging over all of this is how this could even happen at all, and the obvious answer is that it happened because Israel got too complacent. It's likely that Israeli intelligence DID receive forewarning about the operation, but dismissed them after underestimating Hamas's capabilities and assuming they couldn't breach the border wall. Not only did they breach the fences in several places, they flew over the border wall and BLEW UP THEIR TANK!

The Israelis over-automated their defenses around the Gaza border zone to the point there was practically no mass of manpower to stop any incursion. Instead they set up a bunch of outposts with a single elevated remote-controlled machinegun, and Hamas disabled those with drones too. Without those guns and obvservation posts the IDF was completely blind in the No Man's Land, with no way to shoot at anybody coming into the country. Once the infiltrators got past those defenses the interior of Israel is totally hollow, with nothing to stop them other than beat cops. The IDF meanwhile has been sluggish to respond because they're over-deployed in the West Bank doing police actions, and can only draw down commitments there in case of a spontaneous uprising.

It's unquestionable that Hamas has already achieved an overwhelming victory by spreading so much chaos throughout southern Israel. The Israelis tried to do capital-intensive colonialism on a prison population of 2 million people, and their fancy doo dads got blown up with drones bought off the Ali Baba store. Before this attack Gaza was set on a certain path of being environmentally uninhabitable until it would be ethnically cleansed and annexed by Israel as one big superfund site. Now because of this operation, it's apparent that the settler-colonial project of Israel is unsustainable. It will demand too much from Israelis to maintain the current conditions of occupation, after Israelis have already grown soft and fat off of being lifted up into the imperial core.

Israelis are now committed to the thought that they can achieve revenge, but this purely reactionary stance WILL make the Israelis make even more mistakes, trigger a wider war in the region, and leave them in a situation where they have no choice but to re-negotiate their position with Gaza if not all of Palestine. It's ultimately impossible to maintain vulgar colonialism over a native population full of vitality and desperate to maintain their dignity. These chickens all came home to roost for Europe and North America during the cold war, and now reality is asserting itself in Israel.

May the Axis of Resistance bring justice to the perfumed heads of their oppressors. DTI.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

bmpd posted:

This is how the Israeli army imagines a modern war - 155mm/39 M109A5 self-propelled howitzers deployed today to shell the territory of Lebanon in response to possible Hezbollah attacks. Wheel to wheel, without any camouflage, surrounded by stacks of ammunition - until the first quadcopter or FPV drone. Photo (from) Jalaa Marey / AFP
(from t.me/bmpd_cast/17632, via tgsa)

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Death By The Blues posted:

I can see why from an Iranian government perspective they would do this, the country is divided, the economy is poo poo and water shortages are loving up a lot of places. They need something to unite and distract from their own internal divisions and well regardless of what you think of the government you probably hate Israel.

Or after continued attacks on Iran by Israel they responded forcefully. Not everything is a wag the dog PR move. States do act in self defense

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Nonsense posted:

American settlers flee in terror. Israel cannot protect them from their criminality any longer

me sowing: yes ha ha ha yes
me reaping: two tickets to EWR plz

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
Israel is quite obviously not remotely ready for a war with Iran

If they're dumb enough to try so be it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
personally i find it very easy to not be killed or kidnapped at a rave held next to an open air prison by dint of my assiduous policy on not attending those events

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i still dont think iran had much if anything to do with this

that article seems worthless in terms of actual evidence

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Palestine is good and Israel is bad

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

very succinct response. he speaks with moral clarity.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

VoicesCanBe posted:

not a lot of things iran can do if they nuke tehran

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

VoicesCanBe posted:

what are you talking about? they would have the full support of the united states so uh....

hm...

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

We need to come up with some redress in order to sanction somebody at the United Nations level. I also don't think Iran needs to "use" Hamas to attack Israel, they're more than capable.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

smoobles posted:

Palestine is good and Israel is bad

i'm gonna let this take slide but consider yourself on watch

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I'm genuinely wondering what the impact would be even if the IDF manages to do their reprisals and send Hamas back to Gaza. I can't imagine there will be a lot more dance parties in southern israel. Will there even be a lot of interest in living in southern settlements? Will there be a lot of interest in tech conferences in Tel Aviv? A lot of the "wrap-up" phase of this genocide has been about integrating Israel with the larger european first world ecosystem, and if nothing else, that seems like it will be severely damaged.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Nonsense posted:

We need to come up with some redress in order to sanction somebody at the United Nations level. I also don't think Iran needs to "use" Hamas to attack Israel, they're more than capable.

yeah thats my idea iran doesnt need hamas for this at all and from what ive seen hamas seems capable enough

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Too Many Birds posted:

what are you talking about? they would have the full support of the united states so uh....

hm...

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Lol no lessons learned from Ukraine, you love to see it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

bullet-involved wounding

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

hamas said NO to rave music

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

HallelujahLee posted:

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Popy posted:

hamas said NO to rave music

IDF ignored sound complaints from hamas soldiers trying to get some loving sleep

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
people have all these complicated opinions about hamas. i just think they're neat :shrug:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

When whatshisname was kidnapped, the first thing the IDF did was bomb anywhere he might be being kept before they tried to pursue into Lebanon.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Nonsense posted:

If there was any justice, these racist conquest-tourists wouldn't be allowed back into the States

gently caress knows a lot of us don't want them, it's already a struggle to deal with the racists we have

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The ruling class can't seem to decide who the designated evil enemy should be. They were trying to drum up distrust and hatred of China because of the scary social media app; that didn't work, so I guess they decided to settle on Iran.

john bolton snuck back into the white house while joe was asleep

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Karma Comedian posted:

So, no?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol what a freak

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Nonsense posted:

gonna be real rough when they find out not only is the housing in New York not 'free' but has gone up considerably in cost since they were last theree

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

if they did it wouldnt surprise me its a very convenient time to strike honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Sherbert Hoover posted:

people have all these complicated opinions about hamas. i just think they're neat :shrug:

noooooooooooo!!!!!! israel is a bastion of freedom in a tumultous region beset by feuds and war

paragliding into the holy land with a machinegunner at your six? marvelous.