Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Typo posted:

nothing will actually change

in 2 years we will have forgotten this even happened

stfu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

smarxist posted:

hosed up, almost like political power grows from the barrel of a gun or sumthin'

That Americans remember MLK but not the United Stated Coloured Troops in both the Civil War and Reconstruction is probably significant.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

it sounds like the PFLP have contributed what guys they have left to participate in the attacks, has fatah done anything?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

Part of the reason Apartheid failed is that as soon as the fighting got really and truly difficult in both Rhodesia and South Africa, the white suburban population discovered an antiwar sentiment and considered that maybe civil rights weren't so bad after all.

People have mentioned Israel's border defences consisting of technology and not foot patrols, and this is why. They do not actually want to bear any casualties. They're probably the most casualty intolerant society on the planet, which is why their tough guy PR is so bizarre.

There are some key differences to note: Israel as a facist regime has lasted far longer than the apartheid regime so the indoctrination has had longer to set in, and israel has a fully functioning nuclear triad.

Another thing is, I don't think Israeli "Moderates" would have much reason to expect Palestinians to op for restorative justice like South Africa did.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Typo posted:

nothing will actually change

in 2 years we will have forgotten this even happened

Shut up idiot

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Popy posted:

i need these globe emoji losers to make up their mind on who is behind the hamas attack russia or iran

It was TRUMP

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Popy posted:

i need these globe emoji losers to make up their mind on who is behind the hamas attack russia or iran

i think they've settled on iran op https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/iran-israel-hamas-strike-planning-bbe07b25

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Fareed being confused and terrified at this guy being like "I think apartheid is bad actually" :discourse:

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/status/1710988040884158826

This man is INCENSED that Ukraine is overshadowed in media coverage by Israel

Morbus
May 18, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

A two-state solution: Fatah and Hamas

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Stairmaster posted:

There are some key differences to note: Israel as a facist regime has lasted far longer than the apartheid regime so the indoctrination has had longer to set in, and israel has a fully functioning nuclear triad.

Another thing is, I don't think Israeli "Moderates" would have much reason to expect Palestinians to op for restorative justice like South Africa did.

Did we ever find out what was going on with South Africa's nukes (That Israel helped with)?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

HallelujahLee posted:

Shut up idiot

a very common pattern in history is for a sense of eurphoria and grandoise expectation to emerge out of a (real or perceived) initial round of military victory by the troops

those expectations tend to be disappointed, just sayin

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

watch joe biden sleep through a loving war

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Typo posted:

a very common pattern in history is for a sense of eurphoria and unrealistic expectation to emerge out of a (real or perceived) initial round of military victory by the troops

This has been ģoing on for decades op

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

HallelujahLee posted:

This has been ģoing on for decades op

exactly

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Scarabrae posted:

yup

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Its tricky to compare Rhodesia/SA and Israel cause zionist have a "stronger tie" to Israel based on their interpretation of society, they need somewhere they can turn too once they in their opinion get persecuted and genocided once again. They have built up the case for zionism for centuries and until recently they in their opinion where starting to "win" the demographic war. Its hard for me to see them immediately folding or accepting Palestinians as equal citizens with rights. Like when you talk to zionists there is no other alternative, they would rather glass the entire area then compromise, its insanity.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Typo posted:

exactly

I havent forgotton about it op

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Typo posted:

a very common pattern in history is for a sense of eurphoria and grandoise expectation to emerge out of a (real or perceived) initial round of military victory by the troops

those expectations tend to be disappointed, just sayin

stfu

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Death By The Blues posted:

Its tricky to compare Rhodesia/SA and Israel cause zionist have a "stronger tie" to Israel based on their interpretation of society, they need somewhere they can turn too once they in their opinion get persecuted and genocided once again. They have built up the case for zionism for centuries and until recently they in their opinion where starting to "win" the demographic war. Its hard for me to see them immediately folding or accepting Palestinians as equal citizens with rights. Like when you talk to zionists there is no other alternative, they would rather glass the entire area then compromise, its insanity.

there are definitely similarities but I would agree it's very tricky to make a 1:1 comparison and project expectations that way

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
oh hey it's the "posting mean at me is worse than the state murdering activists" guy

neat, been a minute

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Okay but has anybody considered asking the settlers to leave nicely? This seems excessive if you ask me.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Poppers posted:

Okay but has anybody considered asking the settlers to leave nicely? This seems excessive if you ask me.

i dont get why they couldn't have just waited to vote

Morbus
May 18, 2004

"the book says we will go to the promised land once the messiah returns"

"oh cool, has the messiah returned?"

"no, but close enough lol"

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

VoicesCanBe posted:

this guy can't even wait for 48 hours of events to play out before creating his own domino meme

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The UK announced that all Free Parking signs around the country will be taken down to show solidarity with Israel

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
These people are just pathetic

https://twitter.com/Remroum/status/1711116586570949117

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I have a parlay bet going for Israel winning, over 3,500 casualties, and paragliders. Let’s just say that I expect DraftKings.com to be sending me a large sum of money, very soon…

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

how dare you try to uhh, live your life on a day like today??? hosed up

#HumanRightsViolation

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Is that the guy from trailer park boys

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

VoicesCanBe posted:

Israel is one of the most glaring examples of why the "rules based world order" is BS

The attack dog of the US got to do whatever it wished for decades, the "rules" didn't apply.

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Is that the guy from trailer park boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E62iA6KCIQ

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

lol

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

These people are just pathetic

thank god she remembered her emergency flag of israel, i thought they were just big hawaiian folk fans

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

MICHIGAN
MOM

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Scarabrae posted:

https://files.catbox.moe/td0m2y.mp4

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Just going to a coffee shop with my Israel flag like a normal person

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
This is just reminding me of when I was working at a summer camp run by zionists in my early 20s . The amount of oh Palestinians are just rats, mindless, they can't govern themselves, not smart enough etc... and if you pushed back on any of it, they would just racistly assume I would be pro-palestinian cause I am 2nd generation Iranian. Just hateful gross people.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Glad to see some good honest journalism for a change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Poppers posted:

I have a parlay bet going for Israel winning, over 3,500 casualties, and paragliders. Let’s just say that I expect DraftKings.com to be sending me a large sum of money, very soon…

you’ll never have money