Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens need to look into trading for a WR if there is anyone possibly available. Last year's 2nd round pick was a great value for Roquan Smith. I don't know who is possibly available though. But we could trade a 2nd rounder a 4th rounder and Rashod Bateman and maybe get someone. Maybe even a first rounder instead of a second. We desperately need someone and it's not Beckham, nor is it Flowers or Bateman or Agholor.

Nah, move is to trade all your draft assets for Marvin Harrison Jr, Julio Jones style.

Yeah, that leaves them with nothing in the year they badly need to reinvest on the defensive and offensive lines, but it also solves wide receiver #1 for the next decade. Worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Rogue Elephant posted:

I'm not sure the game has passed him by but Belichick the GM is royally screwing Belichick the coach. They seem utterly bereft of talent besides Judon and Gonzalez

Bill does an ok job drafting defensive front seven for the most part. He randomly overdrafts some small school DB way earlier than he should (usually the second round). Sometimes it works out like Dugger, very often it does not. Belichick is ok at picking running backs, he usually grabs one or two every draft and lets the older vets walk. He randomly drafts backup QBs in the later rounds which is good. Sometimes he gets lucky and gets a generational tight end, sometimes he whiffs on tight ends. More whiffs than hits. Belichick the GM usually can build an ok offensive line through the draft. That is one area where I think he lets players leave too early compared to too late. Shaq Mason / Joe Thuney would have made this line so much better.

You are better served letting ChatGPT / AI / a monkey with a dart and dartboard pick wide receivers for the Patriots. Seriously the Patriots always misevaluate receivers.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Nah, move is to trade all your draft assets for Marvin Harrison Jr, Julio Jones style.

Yeah, that leaves them with nothing in the year they badly need to reinvest on the defensive and offensive lines, but it also solves wide receiver #1 for the next decade. Worth it.

Y'all have drafted like 20 receivers in the first round the past decade, I'm not sure drafting a 21st will fix it

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm not trusting us drafting anyone.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Benne posted:

Y'all have drafted like 20 receivers in the first round the past decade, I'm not sure drafting a 21st will fix it

To be fair, there is Torrey Smith who wasn't great but certainly wasn't a disaster, and Hollywood Brown was way better than the other first rounders. But I still don't think we should try to fix our WR issues through the draft. For whatever reason this organization ruins them. This is under two different (bad)head coaches too.

Our best guys (Ismail, Mason, Boldin, Steve Smith) all veteran signings/trades. Ismail weirdly had his best years here compared to other teams.

This even goes back to the 90s where we drafted Patrick Johnson when Hines Ward was on the board.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 8, 2023

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Benne posted:

With picks 20-30. We need that Marvin Harrison Jr, AJ Green, Calvin Johnson can't miss top 5 dude. This will definitely make the team worse than a normal draft class, but it will also fix the WR position, which I value higher.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
After weirdly dropping apparently unconscious on the field Zavala is fine

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1711144402012279098?s=20

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

With picks 20-30. We need that Marvin Harrison Jr, AJ Green, Calvin Johnson can't miss top 5 dude. This will definitely make the team worse than a normal draft class, but it will also fix the WR position, which I value higher.

People have missed on those. Absolute nonsense that our fail rate is due to that. Plenty of guys from mid first, second and third round picks become successful receivers. Hell look right at the Steelers and George Pickens. He was a 2nd rounder. Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd weren't first rounders

Some random moderately successful midround receiver from most random teams would be in our top 3 by default

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 8, 2023

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The Puppy Bowl posted:

For about 2 years before they trade him and start the process anew

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Benne posted:

For about 2 years before they trade him and start the process anew

Is this a reference to the Hollywood Brown trade? Because that was objectively the right move.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Tennessee played it smart, they had a second round WR and successfully traded him for a first rounder, a net improvement!

:negative:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Is this a reference to the Hollywood Brown trade? Because that was objectively the right move.

It was the right move but the Ravens largely caused the move to have to exist. You have to think Flowers is starting to regret being drafted to the Ravens and might start wanting the same thing. You know if Flowers went to the Steelers he'd be an absolute menace to other defenses but the Ravens get the absolute worst out of their drafted receivers.

MAYBE if we somehow got some already top wideout who draws double coverage, we could draft a guy at some point to play next to him and he would have an easier time developing and maybe would break the curse.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
John Ross was drafted #8 overall.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

After weirdly dropping apparently unconscious on the field Zavala is fine

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1711144402012279098?s=20

That's great to hear

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the ravens need to draft a wr in the beginning of the second round. not necessarily 33 but before 45. just trade back and let other teams take the bust "first round" receivers

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

D-LINK posted:

John Ross was drafted #8 overall.

I'm not talking about draft position, I'm talking about generational prospects. Justin Jefferson is much better as a pro than Jamar Chase, but Jamar Chase was a sure thing prospect. Baltimore could use a near guaranteed good young WR1. Marvin Harrison Jr is that kind of dude.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

^^Jefferson was a 22!!! If the Ravens were doing bad at WR over like 5-7 years I could see this reasoning of "oh they just don't draft high enough." This is TWENTY SEVEN YEARS of failure. That's not just bad luck or not drafting high enough.

Charles Rogers was drafted 3rd overall. Travis Taylor was technically a top 10 pick. Justin Blackmon was 5th overall. Sammy Watkins 4th overall. Braylon Edwards 3rd overall. David Terrell 8th overall. Peter Warrick 4th overall. Tavon Austin 8th

Plenty top 10 guys bust. But DJ Moore was drafted right where the Ravens always draft. Santonio Holmes was 25th overall would be the Ravens best ever drafted receiver. Keenan Allen fell to like the 2nd or 3rd round and had a great career. Randy Moss like 20th or so

So absolute nonsense. Yeah if every one of those top 5 guys were Calvin Johnson I could see saying that but even at that spot a guy like that comes along maybe once a decade if that.

The Ravens organization just absolutely sucks at building and developing passing offense.' I say trade because outside of that last 5 mins Lamar was absolutely on target. With a top WR he is having his best passing year as a pro right now. But we still have no one who can draw double coverage. That is the key to it.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 8, 2023

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Much like Bears and QBs, Ravens would find a way to ruin Marvin Harrison Jr.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Ravens seven 2nd half drives: punt, punt, safety, punt, interception, fumble, turnover on downs

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Constantly blowing winnable games(another 10 point lead blown today! and in the case of the Colts a won game) is absolutely something to blame on your coaching staff. Your team's situational awareness is a reflection of your head coach. And we have absolutely zero situational football awareness.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Chase asked for the team on his back then went out and got 3 touchdowns and broke the single game Cincinnati Bengals reception record

Mega64
May 23, 2008

sweet thursday posted:

Chase asked for the team on his back then went out and got 3 touchdowns and broke the single game Cincinnati Bengals reception record

I guess they forgot Ja'maar Chase was on the team until he reminded them, good thing he thought to do that!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's the high football IQ you get with a generational pass catcher.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mega64 posted:

I know people complain about Kawalimus, but he has been 100% correct about the Ravens this season.

Looking forward to Ravens/Titans on neutral field next week.

He's often right in the end which is why it's so funny that people get so riled up about his opinions.

I'm glad I have the Orioles to be so incompetent that I forget about the Ravens game.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

So I guess either Joe Burrow's leg is feeling better, or they found the right painkiller cocktail to flood his veins because he's running around now.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eagles win, sure would be nice if the refs call LA for lining up in the neutral zone every tsuh push

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Eagles win, sure would be nice if the refs call LA for lining up in the neutral zone every tsuh push

Look you gotta least let them get a chance to try. :v:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lmfao Vikings

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hot Diggity! posted:

Lmfao Vikings

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Nathaniel Hackett won his revenge game.

Granted the defense did most of the work but still

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Kansas City gets the friendliest whistle in sports

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

cooked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-hU1IIrsM0

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Get in the casket, Broncos.

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1711162062758363474?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Papercut posted:

Kansas City gets the friendliest whistle in sports

The vikes were hard spotted a full drive by the refs and now everyone is :qq:ing that they picked up a nonexistent pi flag on a terrible throw

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

The vikes were hard spotted a full drive by the refs and now everyone is :qq:ing that they picked up a nonexistent pi flag on a terrible throw

Contrast the flag they picked up to the PI call on the Chiefs previous TD drive. And that's without even getting into the helmet no call, which isn't even a judgement call.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Bip Roberts posted:

Whose "everybody"?

The Vikes had too many dropped passes and the no obligatory first drive turnover really hurt the team. The defense seemed to limit KC's long passes. I still think Brian Flores is getting the most he can out of very talent depleted defense. The O-line for Minnesota was better than it's been.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/swaggy_t1/status/1711087614587986282

That's gotta hurt.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Im happy MIN at least kept the game somewhat close at the end.

Lmao at that no call flag though.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Desmond Ridder looked much better for Atlanta today, especially in the 2nd half. Texans didn't have any kind oof pass rush, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Playing FF as an actual player must be weird, especially if you can't draft yourself. Like, if you draft a teammate, are you secretly hoping that they get the ball instead of you?