Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Anyone get Wargroove 2? I'm guessing Advance Wars 1+2 is still the better option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Postman posted:

Anyone get Wargroove 2? I'm guessing Advance Wars 1+2 is still the better option.

its on my wishlist for a sale, if you havent played AW then that should be a definate priority.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I think I did everything in vampire survivors. What an addictive game

Did all the unlocks and most of the secrets, played a bunch of coop too

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

everything

most of the secrets

Hmm

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
For those who have the Nitro Deck, I've been reading some reviews where apparently the placement of the right analogue stick isn't ideal. Is that a real issue?

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Willo567 posted:

For those who have the Nitro Deck, I've been reading some reviews where apparently the placement of the right analogue stick isn't ideal. Is that a real issue?

Yeah, it's really low and directly beneath the buttons. It's my biggest complaint.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

2 more !!! I dunno how to do the uppercut one on console and I just haven’t done missingno yet

Dlc doesn’t have secrets right? They’re all in the normal unlock list? (Which I finished)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Since Front Mission 2 Remake is out now on Switch, I got it to make my towering backlog even more impressive, then went back to the first remake to finally finish the campaign.

It's at this point that I started wondering why this futuristic mech game doesn't have energy weapons and looked up a weapons guide. :lol: So, the good news is, energy weapons are part of the setting, the bad news is, beam weapons were only introduced with Front Mission 3.

I guess I now have to wait and hope the second remake is successful enough the third game shows up on Switch, too. (I love energy weapons even more than mechs, so it was kind of a disappointment when mission after mission, Front Mission refused to deliver. But eh, missiles and guns are also nice, I guess.)

So far, the Wanzer-games are fun, and a nice diversion from all my other tactical RPGs. Because I just realized every single other tactical RPG I've played is a fantasy game with magic and poo poo. :lol:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Pigma_Micron posted:

Yeah, it's really low and directly beneath the buttons. It's my biggest complaint.

Well that sucks. Was going to get it but now I think I'll keep waiting. I swear everyone a Switch hall-effect controller comes out there's always some issue with them

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Willo567 posted:

Well that sucks. Was going to get it but now I think I'll keep waiting. I swear everyone a Switch hall-effect controller comes out there's always some issue with them

I have larger than average hands, and I've always used the right stick with the bottom part of my thumb, down near the knuckle, in order to keep thumb tip above buttons, so I didn't even notice the issue. It's been no different than getting used to any non-standard layout/grip.

Just my two cents. It's such a great accessory that I think it's worth considering even if this bothers you in principle.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

mdemone posted:

I have larger than average hands, and I've always used the right stick with the bottom part of my thumb, down near the knuckle, in order to keep thumb tip above buttons, so I didn't even notice the issue. It's been no different than getting used to any non-standard layout/grip.

Just my two cents. It's such a great accessory that I think it's worth considering even if this bothers you in principle.

I have little baby hands and eventually got comfortable with it. Yeah it isn't ideal but the whole unit is pretty great.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Honestly when I first heard the complaint I looked at my right joycon and the analogue position didn't seem to be much different from the Nitro Deck's right analogue position

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

Willo567 posted:

I have giant hands as well and it hasn't been an issue for me.

Thunder Bear fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 7, 2023

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tried to line up the shot with the top edges of both

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

mdemone posted:

Tried to line up the shot with the top edges of both

Yeah, it looks like the Nitro Deck's right stick actually looks slightly lower than the Joy-Con's.

Thank you all for the second opinions on it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Willo567 posted:

Yeah, it looks like the Nitro Deck's right stick actually looks slightly lower than the Joy-Con's.

Thank you all for the second opinions on it.

It is, but the larger overall size makes it very similar to the feel. Again your mileage may vary. But if the rest of the package interests you I think it's a very minor complaint

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What are the best board games with online multiplayer on switch? bonus points if they have playstation crossplay

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I just got my Nitro Deck today and I can definitely feel the difference with the placement of that stick, but it's not that bad or distracting and I think I'll just get used to it. It is noticeable though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

my nitro deck has been on my switch and i love it, right stick falls right under my thumb joint and i got no issues.

if you can palm a basketballl the nitro grip is a good choice

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Tafferling posted:

I love Locomalito's version of G&G Cursed Castilla.
It's a bit more modern, has alternate routes and most importantly ditches the coin muncher mentality in its enemy and projectile placement.
It's really enjoyable and you can even try Maldita Castilla, the trimmed down PC version, for free at http://locomalito.com/
Also check out all his other games, they're awesome. And free.

Cursed Castilla is a fantastic game! I haven't really enjoyed the idea of playing Ghouls'n'Ghosts type games in the past but I played a *ton* of Maldita Castilla, the freeware version, back in 2012.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i cannot palm a basketball 😔

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is there a good resource on how to fix input delay on the pro controller? There's a solid 1/4 of a second delay between pressing a button and the action happening. It's making jumping around in Tears of the Kingdom extremely hard - I tend to just fall off the cliffs instead of jumping off. It is very noticeable.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
got my copies of Pokemon Shield and Mario 3D World... started with Pokemon first. havent played many of these. i have the OG Red Gameboy cart and played that religiously as a kid. then i got FireRed lol. tried out Diamond because it was 3D but it wasnt reeeeeally a 3D game so i bounced off it pretty quick. played Shield is a blast so far because it's the kind of 3D Pokemon i imagine in my head when I was a kid and played poo poo like Ocarina of Time and Mario 64. just finished the gym loop and have to do the champion run and whatever mystery is going on with the premier league president.

love the inverted British aesthetic of the game. Team Yell being obnoxious football hooligans is hilarious. reading reviews it sounds like they got a lot of flak for being a joke but as far as expectations being subverted from something like Team Rocket it's working for me.

in fact there are a few things ive seen Shield/Sword get flak for and i am not really bothered by. the fact that every pokemon is fine with me. only minor disappointment in not being able to catch certain gen1 pokemon but there are so many i cant be bothered. i will probably get to 400 and give up. it is also pretty easy and i dig that too. i am hear to collect pokemons not play some deep Shin Megami Tenseiesque experience... also i saw some reviews take umbrage with how easy it is to level teams and i also love that feature. i dont have time to be leavelling all indivudually so its great!

but i can totally understand longtime fans wanting sonething more. as a fairweather fan, Shield has been fanfuckingtastic! when i want hardcore pokemon gaming i will play an SMT game though. but as far as casual SMT experiences go, Shield rules.

6/10

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Rest in Jordan

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Jimbot posted:

Is there a good resource on how to fix input delay on the pro controller? There's a solid 1/4 of a second delay between pressing a button and the action happening. It's making jumping around in Tears of the Kingdom extremely hard - I tend to just fall off the cliffs instead of jumping off. It is very noticeable.

This sounds weird. Have you tried recalibrating the controller in the settings and testing the buttons there? If you have any electrical contact spray, blasting some of that into the buttons and pressing them a bit would help clean the contacts, which could be what's causing it

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
My copy of Detective Pikachu 2 got delayed. :argh:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jimbot posted:

Did you buy a fake, or have some sort of horrendous input lag on your tv? Those are the only possibilities

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Oh yeah that's a point. Are you running all the motion smoothing poo poo on your TV? If so don't.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Jimbot posted:

Here's what I'd do to diagnose it:

- Take your switch out of the dock and test your pro controller there. If the delay goes away, then you have horrible input lag on your TV. Dig through your TV settings to try to find game mode or turn off anything that would cause your TV to do any kind of processing on the video signal.
- Enable wired pro controller in your switch settings and then plug your pro controller into the dock (I don't know if you can do it directly into the switch) and test that. If the lag goes away, then you possibly have massive amounts of radio interference that is causing communication issues between your controller and your switch. That would be harder to fix, the easiest solution would likely be to just run the controller wired. The harder solution is to move somewhere with not as many 2.4Ghz devices.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah do you get the same input lag when playing undocked?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

Here's what I'd do to diagnose it:
Snip
Hey, nice methodical approach to eliminating issues.
:cheersbird: good troubleshooter

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Thanks for the replies. It ended up being the settings for that particular HDMI port were reset and gaming mode was off. I turned it on and it solved the issue. Glad it was the TV settings and not the controller itself (an official Pro controller).

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Side note I’m shocked at how good counterfeit controllers can be now. I bought a PS4 controller on Amazon 5 years ago, used it and then noticed the resolution of the touch pad was off. I took a closer look at the controller

PlayStation button logo was slightly blurry

Bump grid texture on the body of the controller was slightly off

If not for the touchpad, I might’ve never noticed

That was 5 years ago. Who knows how much they’ve improved since then

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

about halfway through cocoon. i gotta say, i don't find this nearly as compelling or fun as inside or limbo. it feels like a really long 'you have a cabbage, a rabbit, and a fox. how do you get them across the river?' problems.

i don't know, maybe it differs here in the second half. but so far...i'm not there.

and the atmosphere is NOWHERE near as enveloping and engrossing.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Started No More Heroes 3. I played it for a bit when it was first released, but I wasn't really in the mood so I dropped it.

Well, now that I've picked it up again, I think I'm going to like it. It feels like it's got the spirit of the previous two mainline games and is as ridiculous as expected. I've laughed out loud a couple times (biggest laugh so far is when Travis raises his hands and cheers triumphantly after completing a minigame where he unclogged a toilet).

Music hasn't grabbed me yet, which is a little out of character for these games. And the open world...the graphics look pretty similar to the wii version, including pop ins, lol. But it's fun to drive around on the motorcycle and get launched when I graze a telephone pole.

I was taken aback at the brutality of a cutscene after beating the first boss Shinobu getting bodyslammed and both arms ripped off was surprising, though as I recall we cut off her arm in the first game, so whatever I guess. I mean this is a world where Destroyman can survive being cut in half head to groin. Bad man getting killed was kinda whatever, I never finished Travis Strikes Again so meh.

They really throw too many mechanics at you in the beginning, so it's overwhelming but there is a training room where you can practice each move. So I guess it'll be fine.

The main bad guy is a hulking red white and blue monster, so I'm sure there's a blunt allegory there. I thought Travis Strikes Again was a little tedious and part of that was how much Suda 51 indulged in weird side stuff (the lengthy text parts where characters make idle chit chat really killed the momentum). There's a fair bit of that kind of indulgence in NMH3 so far, I hope it doesn't go overboard and become annoying.

Overall I'm optimistic, the combat seems fun and it's good to see these characters again. Plus, I took a screenshot to use next time I want to really own someone on the forum:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Started No More Heroes 3. I played it for a bit when it was first released, but I wasn't really in the mood so I dropped it.

Well, now that I've picked it up again, I think I'm going to like it. It feels like it's got the spirit of the previous two mainline games and is as ridiculous as expected. I've laughed out loud a couple times (biggest laugh so far is when Travis raises his hands and cheers triumphantly after completing a minigame where he unclogged a toilet).

Music hasn't grabbed me yet, which is a little out of character for these games. And the open world...the graphics look pretty similar to the wii version, including pop ins, lol. But it's fun to drive around on the motorcycle and get launched when I graze a telephone pole.

I was taken aback at the brutality of a cutscene after beating the first boss Shinobu getting bodyslammed and both arms ripped off was surprising, though as I recall we cut off her arm in the first game, so whatever I guess. I mean this is a world where Destroyman can survive being cut in half head to groin. Bad man getting killed was kinda whatever, I never finished Travis Strikes Again so meh.

They really throw too many mechanics at you in the beginning, so it's overwhelming but there is a training room where you can practice each move. So I guess it'll be fine.

The main bad guy is a hulking red white and blue monster, so I'm sure there's a blunt allegory there. I thought Travis Strikes Again was a little tedious and part of that was how much Suda 51 indulged in weird side stuff (the lengthy text parts where characters make idle chit chat really killed the momentum). There's a fair bit of that kind of indulgence in NMH3 so far, I hope it doesn't go overboard and become annoying.

Overall I'm optimistic, the combat seems fun and it's good to see these characters again. Plus, I took a screenshot to use next time I want to really own someone on the forum:

Looks like you found the best use, and target, for it already, OP.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Libluini posted:

Since Front Mission 2 Remake is out now on Switch, I got it to make my towering backlog even more impressive, then went back to the first remake to finally finish the campaign.

It's at this point that I started wondering why this futuristic mech game doesn't have energy weapons and looked up a weapons guide. :lol: So, the good news is, energy weapons are part of the setting, the bad news is, beam weapons were only introduced with Front Mission 3.

I guess I now have to wait and hope the second remake is successful enough the third game shows up on Switch, too. (I love energy weapons even more than mechs, so it was kind of a disappointment when mission after mission, Front Mission refused to deliver. But eh, missiles and guns are also nice, I guess.)

So far, the Wanzer-games are fun, and a nice diversion from all my other tactical RPGs. Because I just realized every single other tactical RPG I've played is a fantasy game with magic and poo poo. :lol:

Front Mission 3 is a tremendously huge game. There are two separate campaigns that are really long, and an entire fake internet to explore.

As I recall, the camera jitter was quite bad on the PlayStation—once you see it, you can't unsee it. I hope if they release an update they smooth that out at least.

Also contains the immortal line, "I'll show you the business end of my wanzer!!" Great game.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Looks like you found the best use, and target, for it already, OP.

:owned:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Jet Jaguar posted:

Front Mission 3 is a tremendously huge game. There are two separate campaigns that are really long, and an entire fake internet to explore.
Love that the entire game-spanning path split is determined by literally the first choice after the tutorial mission on whether you want to help your friend do a delivery or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the text adventure bits are the best part of travis strikes again...