Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Thus begins the Cooper Rush era

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Chiefs have firmly out-Pats'd the Pats in the hateable rankings currently

Hell loving no

You've clearly just forgotten

Unless you mean current vs. current not peak

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

I mean, he’s right. He’s not gonna have ten.

He’s gonna have more.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Fred Warner is the first 49er with a sack, INT, and forced fumble in a single game since Navorro Bowman in 2013.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

mllaneza posted:

Fred Warner is the first 49er with a sack, INT, and forced fumble in a single game since Navorro Bowman in 2013.

That made me smile. Joining one of the greats

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mllaneza posted:

Blessed St. NaVorro.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hell loving no

You've clearly just forgotten

Unless you mean current vs. current not peak

Oh god yeah

Bill is washed and on his way out, and Mac is firmly not a starting QB in this league (unless he’s in a game against a team starting Zach Wilson). I’ve spent the last year laughing at it, now it’s like…80% laugh 20% pity

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Gonz posted:

I mean, he’s right. He’s not gonna have ten.

He’s gonna have more.
I say he finishes with 9 after he gets benched for the season in Week Eight.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chris James 2 posted:

Chiefs have firmly out-Pats'd the Pats in the hateable rankings currently

Always have

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Imaged: Blarzgh calling in his dak defense posts to a dictation service as he is too upset to type them himself.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I just randomly cracked up at how badly the 49ers dunked on the Cowboys,

:lol:

e. This is gonna happen all week, and not just from me.

:lol:

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I have to get up early (for me) to go to the airport, and instead of sleeping, I’m depravedly trawling sports websites for writeups about SNF just to live in this moment a little longer.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I thought the Dallas defense might actually be a test for the 49ers today - well, more Purdy given how well they rush the passer and they fuckin' sucked in all facets.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1711321062577774679

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Am I misremembering or has Richardson not yet finished a full game? Seems like that would be a thing to shoot for with a rookie QB.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Am I misremembering or has Richardson not yet finished a full game? Seems like that would be a thing to shoot for with a rookie QB.

The Rams game is the only one. I think he was slow to get up once in that too, but he didn't miss a snap; every other game he's been hurt in

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

It really is like Chiefs, Eagles, 49ers, maaaaaybe Lions?? and no one else, everyone else is a fraud.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The 49ers going through all that poo poo with Jimmy G and Trey Lance just to wind up with Brock Purdy, who's better than both and probably a legit top 10 QB in this league would be really frustrating if it wasn't so funny.

Doesn't feel like anything is stopping them this year.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Bellmaker posted:

It really is like Chiefs, Eagles, 49ers, maaaaaybe Lions?? and no one else, everyone else is a fraud.

Bills and Dolphins both look better than KC for the most part. KC has a decent offense and decent defense, commits a lot of penalties.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Oh god yeah

Bill is washed and on his way out, and Mac is firmly not a starting QB in this league (unless he’s in a game against a team starting Zach Wilson). I’ve spent the last year laughing at it, now it’s like…80% laugh 20% pity

Oh definitely. I just initially read that post as meaning all-time and I was like are you nuts?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Pron on VHS posted:

Bills and Dolphins both look better than KC for the most part. KC has a decent offense and decent defense, commits a lot of penalties.

Bills lost to the Jags and Jets they ain’t winning poo poo.

The Dolphins are doing cool poo poo but it’s not amenable to winning playoff football, that defense is trash. The team has already lost to the Bills and putting up 70 on the Broncos doesn’t mean a drat thing.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Diana Russini is saying it's likely a 4-6 week injury.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Bellmaker posted:

Bills lost to the Jags and Jets they ain’t winning poo poo.

The Dolphins are doing cool poo poo but it’s not amenable to winning playoff football, that defense is trash. The team has already lost to the Bills and putting up 70 on the Broncos doesn’t mean a drat thing.

The Chiefs almost lost to the Jets. Haven’t scored 30 in a game yet. Scoring a ton does help in the playoffs. Putting 70 on a team does mean something! But all 3 teams play each other this season so in a few weeks we will know more.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The Bills defence looks legitimate, if it can avoid dying anymore than it already has. The offence is awesome when plan A works but has zero ability to switch to plan B.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Bellmaker posted:

The Eagles are playing, like, juuust well enough to beat teams that aren't particularly great. The offense is starting to click and the potential is certainly there, but their pass defense is an enormous problem. If they'd been playing the Niners last night, they'd have gotten obliterated. I think it's Niners then Dolphins/Chiefs/Eagles/Lions.

The Eagles need to stack wins now because the middle third of their schedule is heinous and they could easily come out of it close to .500 if they're still playing the B-grade ball they've been surviving on.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Patriots and Giants being the two worst teams in the league is a fun development.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like the AFC South bracket

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Codependent Poster posted:

I like the AFC South bracket
Its a good bracket.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

I say he finishes with 9 after he gets benched for the season in Week Eight.

Who's his backup, anyway?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Who's his backup, anyway?

Cooper Rush is #2, and Trey Lance is #3.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Cooper Rush is #2, and Trey Lance is #3.

It's funny, I'm a Niners fan and forgot all about the Lance trade. Is Rush a guy who might be able to start eventually?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

It's funny, I'm a Niners fan and forgot all about the Lance trade. Is Rush a guy who might be able to start eventually?

Nah, he’s pretty much the ideal backup qb who won’t make a lot of mistakes but he’s nothing more than that.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I think the Ravens are going to be fine. The offense *was* working - hard to fault the playcall if the ball is hitting guys in the hands (please stop calling the goalline fade though). Hopefully Moses and Mekari are back soon. The defense is still great.

Weird poo poo happens in Pittsburgh. The worst part of it was not staying ahead in the division.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Like APP said above, he's not starter material. Someone posted a while back that guys who can make the right read most of the time and put the ball anywhere on the field are starters. Guys who can't put the ball anywhere but make the right read are backups. Guys who can put the ball everywhere but not make the right read end up in the minor leagues or out of the sport entirely. Cooper Rush is firmly in the #2 spot. I'd think Trey Lance probably has more starter material in him than Cooper Rush. Rush is a consummate backup, though, and does an excellent job in the role.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm happy that I can hate Joey Porter Jr now, picking up right where I left off with Dad

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

It is insane to me that Purdy has the doubters he does and the constant excuses and justifications for how his game isn’t legitimate or whatever because, and solely because, he was drafted 262.

Like, what more does he have to do to prove he’s legit as hell? He literally hasn’t lost a regular season game he’s started.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

NieR Occomata posted:

It is insane to me that Purdy has the doubters he does and the constant excuses and justifications for how his game isn’t legitimate or whatever because, and solely because, he was drafted 262.

Like, what more does he have to do to prove he’s legit as hell? He literally hasn’t lost a regular season game he’s started.

He's 2012 Russ: he's doing well because he's cheap and on the best team in football. Nobody is giving him credit until either he wins a super bowl or the team around him starts playing worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

chiefs doubters will pay