Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a racist pole
May 16, 2015

Feels Villeneuve posted:

non-military soldiers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Hamas: Massacres a bunch of ravers congregating in the landing zone for their assault
Israel: Flattening entire city blocks and cutting off food and water to millions

I dunno, its hard to tell whose worse here. I really think Hamas crossed a line and now I just can't support them

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Third, the categorization of enemies that soldiers face forms the basis for a scale of prestige or stature accorded to an individual or a unit within the IDF and in (Jewish) Israeli society in general. Accordingly, participation in battles in war is more prestigious than participating in engagements during “peacetime”. Both activities are considered more impressive than patrols along the borders where “nothing happens,” and which are in turn more respected than policing civilians in the occupied territories. When we were scheduled to be deployed along Israel’s northern borders opposite Syria for instance, many soldiers saw this activity as more rewarding and “serious” (retsini) than another stint in the Intifada. Again during this period at least two officers reported that they felt the missions along the border were more “real” (amiti), or that they had a “dimension of military work” there that they did not find during assignments in the occupied territories.

The status hierarchy created within the Israeli armed forces – in such units as the battalion I served in – extends also to the manner by which different types of military activities and units are perceived and accorded social significance within Israeli society. In our (Jewish-Zionist) society, the type of unit in which one (or members of one’s group) serves, and even the proportion of casualties suffered by the members of one’s group, are seen to be proof of the “extent of one’s commitment and the centrality of the group in the mainstream of society” (Aronoff 1993: 53). Thus position in the military (itself derived from participation in combat) determines to a great degree the kinds of status, prestige, and social significance accorded soldiers and officers. These kinds of notions are often formulated in humorous (if biting) terms. In the American army, reasoning about prestige and social importance is exemplified through the use of such expressions as “typewriter commandos” during World War Two (Kennet 1987: 129) or “remfs” (“rear-echelon motherfuckers”) in Vietnam (Dyer 1985: 139) to refer to noncombatants. In the IDF, support level soldiers are often referred to as jobniks, i.e., people placed in relaxed and undemanding positions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JWTletgVM8

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

sleep with the vicious posted:

Cutting off water to 2 million people is so incredibly evil

I don't know anything about deserts. Are there natural water sources they can use? If so hypothetically how do they work if they are filled with concrete?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Poppers posted:

Really bummed out they did terrorism against a bunch of ravers :/ Will seriously need to rethink flying into Tel Aviv to party from now on…

Israel is old hat. Goa is the real ticket :cool:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

gazas only hospital is out of service

Israel’s shelling of the vicinity of the Beit Hanoun hospital — the only one in the city — has put it out of service, Gaza’s ministry of health says.

The ministry attributed the suspension of services to “repeated targeting of the hospital vicinity”.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

DrPossum posted:

I don't know anything about deserts. Are there natural water sources they can use? If so hypothetically how do they work if they are filled with concrete?

Plenty of water bottles!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I swear, people think that the hamas soldiers just materialized out of thin air and werent once the children they act like they care about. they just dont get that the people fighting now were the children during cast lead. they chalk all the fighters up as fundamentalists. guess it makes it easy for them do both sides this poo poo like loving pussy rear end retards.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Nonsense posted:

Plenty of water bottles!

excuse me, single use plastics??

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I swear, people think that the hamas soldiers just materialized out of thin air and werent once the children they act like they care about. they just dont get that the people fighting now were the children during cast lead. they chalk all the fighters up as fundamentalists. guess it makes it easy for them do both sides this poo poo like loving pussy rear end retards.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Nix Panicus posted:

Hamas: Massacres a bunch of ravers congregating in the landing zone for their assault
Israel: Flattening entire city blocks and cutting off food and water to millions

I dunno, its hard to tell whose worse here. I really think Hamas crossed a line and now I just can't support them

libs love these kinda events that make it easy to just switch off and not think, whenever the cognitive dissonance starts making their ears ring they just think 'rave' and calm down, all is well, the reason we're now going to just watch millions die of lack of food water and electricity is because of the people killed at the rave. ITS FINE.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

As a computer toucher I would be a "non military soldier" therefor exempt from being captured or killed in combat.

as my General Dynamics salary is equivilent to an O-6 i am fully entitled to all privileges extended to captive officers

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

HallelujahLee posted:

come on jack you really think they arent hate-reading this thread

at least these succs maybe get the insane psychos posting them banned

I agree with you in spirit but we went down this road with the Ukraine thread already and it nearly got cspam closed

I'm not gonna be the snitch but you guys are playing with fire, it's not worth eating a ban over lovely posts in D&D that nobody's gonna do anything about.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Cao Ni Ma posted:

As a computer toucher I would be a "non military soldier" therefor exempt from being captured or killed in combat.

that's how some goons spent the war on terror.

sucks, but he had student debt so i understand

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

RandomBlue posted:

It's not hypothetical when they come out and say they're doing a genocide.

They're cutting off food, water and power to ~2M people.

Look you monster, do you want Palestinians to die slow, excruciating starvation deaths over 2 weeks, or relatively quick dyhdration deaths over 3 days?

You lack the moral character to condemn millions of people to death quickly.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Rut ro if true. Also, lol lmao.

https://twitter.com/FromKulak/status/1711211475694387227

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Nix Panicus posted:

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of
Communist-Sunni Palestinian Armed Militants

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

I agree with you in spirit but we went down this road with the Ukraine thread already and it nearly got cspam closed

I'm not gonna be the snitch but you guys are playing with fire, it's not worth eating a ban over lovely posts in D&D that nobody's gonna do anything about.

stop posting

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CatGirl Kulak

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

no it didnt stfu

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

lol

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

if they ban succ posting it will stop otherwise who-cares they arent closing cspam

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

This is stupid enough to be true lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Third, the categorization of enemies that soldiers face forms the basis for a scale of prestige or stature accorded to an individual or a unit within the IDF and in (Jewish) Israeli society in general. Accordingly, participation in battles in war is more prestigious than participating in engagements during “peacetime”. Both activities are considered more impressive than patrols along the borders where “nothing happens,” and which are in turn more respected than policing civilians in the occupied territories. When we were scheduled to be deployed along Israel’s northern borders opposite Syria for instance, many soldiers saw this activity as more rewarding and “serious” (retsini) than another stint in the Intifada. Again during this period at least two officers reported that they felt the missions along the border were more “real” (amiti), or that they had a “dimension of military work” there that they did not find during assignments in the occupied territories.

Lol no one respects the guys that actually have to enforce apartheid

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
i was wondering why we havent seen the Israeli artillery up until now lol that explains it all! they literally only have planes and MBTs!!! thats why theyre gonna have to go in with a ground invasion hoping for the best!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
In terms of casualties per capita it's a 9/11 * 3 all by itself. It's a significant event.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

Johnathon Greenblatt is crying on CNN about how dehumanizing Israelis and Zionists in the West led to deaths

He's talking about the need to eradicate the ideology in the US that supports Hamas

The host is saying he's doing a great job fighting hate and extremism

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

DrPossum posted:

This is an older article, but 97% of the water in Gaza is undrinkable.

https://www.unicef.org/stories/gaza-children-face-acute-water-sanitation-crisis

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

shut up

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

shut up

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The ADL is going to have to give more money to chuds running against Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar in response.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

It is funny that it was bad posts from other forums that endangered cspam more than anything else

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

mcmagic posted:

The ADL is going to have to give more money to chuds running against Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar in response.

dont worry they were already working on destroying everyone they dont like anyways they never needed this war as an excuse

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

have SYQs even been banned?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

crepeface posted:

no and honestly maybe they shouldnt that dnd thread is legit vile

but if people dont want to read that poo poo then ban it

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

crepeface posted:

Only in the Ukraine thread, per the Oslo Accords.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I don’t know why anyone would seriously object to having their own words repeated in another place. Its their lovely post! Anyone who complains about being SYQd off is a butt fuckable bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

crepeface posted:

i think they were discouraged at one point but afaik as long as you don't directly link to the post it's fine