Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

FIRE MCCARTHY ELEVATE QUINN SO WE CAN FINISH 9-8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I was suffering for days after the great shame of getting humiliated by the Bears. Thank you Dallas for taking the last of the sting off my wounds and allowing me to enjoy life once again..

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

e: this was just too loving gross, even for me

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Nov 21, 2023

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

The good news is that the 49ers are probably the best team in the league. The bad news is that that doesn’t matter because the cowboys are completely fraudulent and we will continue to lose but to worse teams, and we must beat the 49ers if we want to go to the superbowl (lol)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MrMojok posted:

It will be really fun to see how Chargers/Rams/Eagles poo poo on Dallas’s face over the next month

Dak torches the Eagles everytime he's available

Easy win there

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Well so the Giants surrendered fewer points to the 49ers than the Cowboys did and also scored more points against them. The Cowboys are frauds, and are worse than the Giants. Congratulations

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Yea but Dak’s QBR is 69.3, whereas Danny’s is 39.5

CHECKMATE, hater

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lol it's Tony Romo all over again where cowboys have a mediocre qb but everyone pretends it is literally anything else but him as the reason why the team is bad.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

My last post was a joke, I am saying pretty much everything but that

Also DO NOT DISPARAGE TONY ROMO IN THIS THREAD PLEASE

THANK YOU.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Rogue Elephant posted:

Well so the Giants surrendered fewer points to the 49ers than the Cowboys did and also scored more points against them. The Cowboys are frauds, and are worse than the Giants. Congratulations

the Texas Rangers scored 11 runs yesterday. the Cowboys scored 10 points

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I turned off the game at halftime and went to sleep. Looking at the score this morning, I see I made the right decision.

Fat Mike sucks. Conservative Dak sucks. The offense is garbage, and they only looked good because they’ve played bad teams. Cowboys are dropping 4-5 more games at a minimum this year and might miss the playoffs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Diqnol posted:

Euph, think up something good to make blarf post

Being a cowboys fan is punishment enough

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Being a cowboys fan is punishment enough

I built my cross now loving nail me to it. You coward

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
You can even dm to me and I will post it randomly so that it's not clear that it's me. Just posting something you made me post

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

blarzgh posted:

this feels like a playoff game

This was the warning sign of what was to come, tbh

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

What's funnier than the Cowboys losing?

The Cowboys losing in an utterly humiliating blowout in prime time!

:xd:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

blarzgh posted:

I built my cross now loving nail me to it. You coward

I can’t think of anything as embarrassing as your normal posts

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Got em

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Dak needs to be benched for a week or two to get his fuckin head right. McCarthy called a garbage game but Dak didn’t play much better

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

has anybody said "cowgirls"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I take back my previous post. The offense hasn’t looked good at all. They’re trying to run some old school power run game to set up play action, but they don’t have power running backs.

The game passed fat mike years ago, and he’s done nothing to adjust.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Mike said he wasn’t going to have the number one offense. He’s keeping his promise.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

quiggy posted:

has anybody said "cowgirls"
I would never, because that would be an insult to girls.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I would never, because that would be an insult to girls.

Cows too

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish
my only comfort is that most of the rest of the league sucks poo poo so the cowboys will likely stumble rear end-first into the playoffs with poop on they're face and somehow that poop will get onto the other team through skin to skin contact and because of the poop that other team will lose that game in the playoffs and the cowboys can then lose in the divisional round and i can go back to bed

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
When do we get the Jon Bois documentary on the post-'95 Cowboys?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

I can’t think of anything as embarrassing as your normal posts

this counts

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Black Lighter posted:

When do we get the Jon Bois documentary on the post-'95 Cowboys?
Likely never because it just doesn't seem to fit his style, but also because Secret Base already kinda did one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zmj9ix_Ngg

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

What a terrible game last night.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Bananana posted:

I think you'll find that most of us enjoyed it.

Dak is the secret lost McCown brother.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Bananana posted:

The only game I watched last night was the 49ers / Cowboys game and it was amazing. Was there another game I missed, or in another sport?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

why doesn't Dak call his own plays? nobody would blink if we heard a QB like Rodgers or Stafford (or even Russ at the end of his Seattle tenure) was doing that, I’m surprised we don't hear about it more. even aside from W/L it's your future extension on the line. I feel like if you're in year 8 and know your playcaller is trash you should have enough pull and experience to sort of commandeer the offense in the second half if it isn't working.

e: obviously if you gently caress up in that situation you get double the blame but it's not like these QBs lack confidence in themselves

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

indigi posted:

why doesn't Dak call his own plays? nobody would blink if we heard a QB like Rodgers or Stafford (or even Russ at the end of his Seattle tenure) was doing that, I’m surprised we don't hear about it more. even aside from W/L it's your future extension on the line. I feel like if you're in year 8 and know your playcaller is trash you should have enough pull and experience to sort of commandeer the offense in the second half if it isn't working.

e: obviously if you gently caress up in that situation you get double the blame but it's not like these QBs lack confidence in themselves

He had a lot of freedom with Moore, and jointly the two had one of the best offenses in the league. With fat mike he doesn't have that freedom.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress the cowboys but I hope my cowboys posters itt are ok 🙏

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I don't think there are very many circumstances anymore where QBs call their own plays outside of no huddle or 2 minute drills. They'll get latitude by being fed maybe 2 plays in the huddle and make changes on the line accordingly, but those initial calls are likely coming from the sidelines

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

beep by grandpa posted:

My Fandom is on life support.

After 20+ long years... idk how much more of this can take.

I turned last nights game off after the 2nd cowboy turnover.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

The Bananana posted:

Karmic retribution for calling it the Texas Coast Offense when Dallas is an inland city. Call it the Oil Field Offense because watching feels like witnessing a crime against nature

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

He had a lot of freedom with Moore, and jointly the two had one of the best offenses in the league. With fat mike he doesn't have that freedom.

yeah but why. He knows what works and he knows this isn't working. are the WRs gonna refuse to run routes for him? what's the worst that could happen, the offense still sucks?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mr. Nice! posted:

shyduck posted:

I don't think there are very many circumstances anymore where QBs call their own plays outside of no huddle or 2 minute drills. They'll get latitude by being fed maybe 2 plays in the huddle and make changes on the line accordingly, but those initial calls are likely coming from the sidelines
I think what indigi was really asking was "why doesn't dak actively defy fat mike and take over playcalling duty by ignoring him". Because what's the downside, here? His job is jeopardy? They might lose? Oh wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm free, I'm feeling great

JUST IN TIME FOR HOCKEY, BABY