Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
I will say, having a Costco business nearby is pretty fuckin legit. So much good stuff there not available in regular Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Zero VGS posted:

Used to yeah, I always had these hosed up vegan hipster acquaintances that would try to sneak seitan / soy hotdog / impossible burger at me thinking if I didn't notice it would be a "gotcha" to force me to convert, but I always noticed.

Anyway these lentils taste beefier than any of those without even trying or billing itself as such.

Costco Lentils: beefier than a soy dog.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

The Saucer Hovers posted:

love to see the 00's gbs posting voice alive and well in 2023

Thank you for putting a name to this. Correct comment.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kuros posted:

I will say, having a Costco business nearby is pretty fuckin legit. So much good stuff there not available in regular Costco.

Tell me your faves and can’t miss. We have one opening in two weeks

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
What exactly is a costco business?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Hed posted:

Tell me your faves and can’t miss. We have one opening in two weeks

Really the main things for me are: much larger selection of beverages, much larger cuts of meat so you can buy in bulk easier, since it's catered to businesses they have a larger selection of kitchen items. Honestly when it's not busy, go take a walk around. The one I go to is a bit out of the way, but worth the stop if I'm in the area.

The one downside is no alcohol, but not really much of a downside.

pencilhands posted:

What exactly is a costco business?

A costco that's catered more towards businesses. Lots of things in bulk that you won't find as much of in a standard costco. There are some of the same things, but you can't get the 5 gallon tubs of peanut butter in a normal costco.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
drat the only one in the northeast is in NJ

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Caesar salad kit was good, think that'll become a regular purchase.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

SirPablo posted:

Caesar salad kit was good, think that'll become a regular purchase.

had one last night for a party. got completely finished. always solid and reliable. pbuc

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Kuros posted:

Really the main things for me are: much larger selection of beverages, much larger cuts of meat so you can buy in bulk easier, since it's catered to businesses they have a larger selection of kitchen items. Honestly when it's not busy, go take a walk around. The one I go to is a bit out of the way, but worth the stop if I'm in the area.

The one downside is no alcohol, but not really much of a downside.

A costco that's catered more towards businesses. Lots of things in bulk that you won't find as much of in a standard costco. There are some of the same things, but you can't get the 5 gallon tubs of peanut butter in a normal costco.

Whoa, I never realized mine is a business one. Wholesale = business? I get those 5lb tubs all the time, just thought it was normal.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Sloppy posted:

Whoa, I never realized mine is a business one. Wholesale = business? I get those 5lb tubs all the time, just thought it was normal.

what are you using 5 gallon tubs of peanut butter for?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

pencilhands posted:

what are you using 5 gallon tubs of peanut butter for?

I eat shitloads of it because it's delicious. On bananas and shredded wheat mostly, but sometimes straight.

Edit: 1 tub a month, I tracked it for a while because I was curious

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Sloppy posted:

I eat shitloads of it because it's delicious. On bananas and shredded wheat mostly, but sometimes straight.

Edit: 1 tub a month, I tracked it for a while because I was curious

You're think 5 pound tubs, not 5 gallon buckets.

Unless you're eating 800 servings per month.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Heffer posted:

You're think 5 pound tubs, not 5 gallon buckets.

Unless you're eating 800 servings per month.

this is a goon we’re talking about here

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Yeah, a business center wouldn’t be confused for a regular warehouse I wouldn’t think. There’s no clothing at all except for PPE.
No laptops, technology section in favor of commercial kitchen equipment displays. No optometrist or eyeglasses

And the single walk-in in the back is the size of all of the refrigerated sections put together in my local Costco.

YMMV of course, but that’s how it is in my neck of the woods

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
So its like a restaurant depot?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

pencilhands posted:

So its like a restaurant depot?

I was just about to say, I've never seen one, but I have seen a Restaurant Depot, and like you I'm in Massachusetts. Maybe Costco is too scared to operate in proximity of Restaurant Depot.

Fake edit: Yeah they have none in all of New England https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/WarehouseListByStateDisplayView

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Zero VGS posted:

I was just about to say, I've never seen one, but I have seen a Restaurant Depot, and like you I'm in Massachusetts. Maybe Costco is too scared to operate in proximity of Restaurant Depot.

Fake edit: Yeah they have none in all of New England https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/WarehouseListByStateDisplayView

:hf:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Zero VGS posted:

There's on five minutes from my house. :getin:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Reno is a regular Costco but it sounds like they have an aisle of Costco business type stuff eg 5 gallon buckets of Kikkoman and 50 pound bags of flour.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

pencilhands posted:

this is a goon we’re talking about here

Yeah either could work, but I was thinking 5lb. Oops.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Here’s a good example of the dairy / yogurt section at Costco business center, as compared to the normal ‘co:

That’s inside the giant meat / dairy room, which is like the milk/egg/veggie room at the normal Costco but larger, so they can stack meat on the large normal aisle shelves. Inside the freezer cases you can find things like whole goats. It’s amazing.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

bird with big dick posted:

Reno is a regular Costco but it sounds like they have an aisle of Costco business type stuff eg 5 gallon buckets of Kikkoman and 50 pound bags of flour.

I've observed Costco's that aren't close to a business center often have some restaurant style items for sale that aren't available at ones near a business center. Stuff like tri fold towels, styrofoam to go boxes, and plain boxes of plastic ware.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

StormDrain posted:

I've observed Costco's that aren't close to a business center often have some restaurant style items for sale that aren't available at ones near a business center. Stuff like tri fold towels, styrofoam to go boxes, and plain boxes of plastic ware.

Nearest business center is 150 miles from me. Never seen anything like that in any of the Portland area churches, even the incredibly huge one in Hillsboro. Lots of other restaurant supply stores, though - I wonder if that's more the deciding factor.
Every time I see a tiktok or whatever of what you can find there, people are always talking about the basic commercial kitchen items like mixing bowls and tongs. I love getting that stuff at restaurant supply places, but it would have to be an incredible deal for me to make a special trip to a different Costco to get some. Especially without a hot dog at the end.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Big Mac posted:

Nearest business center is 150 miles from me. Never seen anything like that in any of the Portland area churches, even the incredibly huge one in Hillsboro. Lots of other restaurant supply stores, though - I wonder if that's more the deciding factor.
Every time I see a tiktok or whatever of what you can find there, people are always talking about the basic commercial kitchen items like mixing bowls and tongs. I love getting that stuff at restaurant supply places, but it would have to be an incredible deal for me to make a special trip to a different Costco to get some. Especially without a hot dog at the end.

Yah you're making a good call here. I've been once, just to get a mental note of what is inside in case I need something especially. I might go back for a refresher though, and get candy or alternatives for Halloween. Hey kids, do you like soy sauce packets?

What I definitely thought was next time I have a huuuuuge BBQ at my house that's where I'll stock up first.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

StormDrain posted:

Yah you're making a good call here. I've been once, just to get a mental note of what is inside in case I need something especially. I might go back for a refresher though, and get candy or alternatives for Halloween. Hey kids, do you like soy sauce packets?

What I definitely thought was next time I have a huuuuuge BBQ at my house that's where I'll stock up first.

I figure I'll end up at one someday, but it'll be when I have a basement and a beverage fridge. I would 100% like to stock up on a hoarder amount of fun beverages.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

namlosh posted:

Yeah, a business center wouldn’t be confused for a regular warehouse I wouldn’t think. There’s no clothing at all except for PPE.
No laptops, technology section in favor of commercial kitchen equipment displays. No optometrist or eyeglasses

And the single walk-in in the back is the size of all of the refrigerated sections put together in my local Costco.

YMMV of course, but that’s how it is in my neck of the woods

That's probably mostly true but there is a Costco south of Seattle that is basically a normal costco and a business center crammed together so you'll find clothing, and electronics but also 5 gallons of peanut butter and whole frozen goats.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

That's probably mostly true but there is a Costco south of Seattle that is basically a normal costco and a business center crammed together so you'll find clothing, and electronics but also 5 gallons of peanut butter and whole frozen goats.

Is this the Fife one? It's the nearest business center to me, so now I'm really looking forward to it

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

downside with business centers is most of them have no food court so no dogs for you

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
just go to both in the same trip, lease one of the cars they keep out front to hold all the stuff you buy. It's easy.

if I remember right from the last time I went, business costco had even bigger jars of jongga, if that's your thing

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Psion posted:

just go to both in the same trip, lease one of the cars they keep out front to hold all the stuff you buy. It's easy.

if I remember right from the last time I went, business costco had even bigger jars of jongga, if that's your thing

perhaps they have the mythical 3 G jonggga

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

halokiller posted:

downside with business centers is most of them have no food court so no dogs for you

My local business center has a foodcourt. A blessed place.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Big Mac posted:

perhaps they have the mythical 3 G jonggga

Gongga

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Big Mac posted:

Is this the Fife one? It's the nearest business center to me, so now I'm really looking forward to it

I think they’re talking about the Tukwila one. Fife is a regular business center.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Saw they have Pep’s Drafthaus frozen pizzas now. They’re the best frozen pizza ever, everyone buy them. So much cheese

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
My closest business center is....

511 miles away

Atleast it's still in my state :smithicide:

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Saw they have Pep’s Drafthaus frozen pizzas now. They’re the best frozen pizza ever, everyone buy them. So much cheese

Better than the motor city meme pizza?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

jisforjosh posted:

My closest business center is....

511 miles away

Atleast it's still in my state :smithicide:

Where the hell do you live? Alaska?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

pencilhands posted:

Where the hell do you live? Alaska?

South Texas (about 11 miles north of the border) and the nearest Costco Business Center is in Dallas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Huh… would have though Houston before Dallas but idk