Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mike flan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Tomatoes are not a thing that I recognize, I'm like tomato agnostic. But I do hear about the tomatoes and even the fabled ratio of tomato versus popcorn every time I watch a movie with one of my best friends now. Hearing about these tomatoes nonstop has driven me mad, mad I tell you

And get this, he roasts everybody who uses letterboxd (including me naturally), these tomatoes and their popcorns, it's madness pure and simple

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tomatoes gave ashoka a passing grade

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Psycho II was such a big surprise when I watched it last year. I want to give Psycho III a shot as well if just to see Perkins' voice and personality shine through.

Psycho 3 is good.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Holy poo poo.

Jason Goes to Hell rules.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Xiahou Dun posted:

Holy poo poo.

its dumb as hell and needs more jason but i cant hate it

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I don’t love all its decisions, but it swings so hard at everything that I have to love it.

And the camerawork is great. Very baby-Raimi.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Xiahou Dun posted:

Holy poo poo.

:yeah:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I feel blessed that I got to see Jason Goes to Hell in the theater when it first came out.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
went to screener for It's a Wonderful Knife. Nothing too surprising but dece slasher remix movie.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think Jason goes to hell is the only F13 that we can get unrated other than the reboot.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I saw Black Phone and that, to me, is a certified stone cold Halloween classic.

I also saw Totally Killer. Not so much, but I wasn't mad at it. Whoever said that the lead actress is the new Lindsey Lohan absolutely nailed it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I saw Black Phone and that, to me, is a certified stone cold Halloween classic.

I also saw Totally Killer. Not so much, but I wasn't mad at it. Whoever said that the lead actress is the new Lindsey Lohan absolutely nailed it.

Kiernan Shipka is one of those actors who was put on this earth to be a final girl. Just totally has that vibe and I hope she does more horror now.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Jason Goes to Hell is just too stupid for me, and not in the way that makes part V enjoyable. Nothing makes sense and nobody acts like an actual human being other than the scene where Jason's niece beats the poo poo out of the annoying guy for basically kidnapping her and running over her boyfriend with a car.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Duke is an all time great character and I demand a spin off series about him hunting slasher villains and monsters

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Everyone just accepting anything Duke says and does without question may be my favorite part of the movie.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Is there an October challenge thread this year?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Is there an October challenge thread this year?

Yep, it's just in the seasonal subforum this year!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Jason goes to Hell rules because it has the best shaving scene in a horror movie.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

gonna do one of these every day this month and actually probably way more than that if they don’t belong here i will stop posting them!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Dope! Please keep sharing them

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Jason Goes To Hell is wild and hilarious. I'd watch it a million times over VII.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Sid Vicious posted:

gonna do one of these every day this month and actually probably way more than that if they don’t belong here i will stop posting them!

Yesss I just watched that yesterday and was hella impressed that a 15+ year later second sequel could be that good!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sid Vicious posted:

Hell yes, please do.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Sid Vicious posted:

loving hell yeah. Now you gotta do some stuff from like Night of the Demons or like Return of the Living dead.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Jason Goes to Hell would be a lot better with, hear me out, Jason.

We can still find a way to put in the bdsm shaving and heart eating scene, I’m sure.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Jason goes to Hell rules because it has the best shaving scene in a horror movie.

Pan’s Labyrinth.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sid Vicious posted:

love it.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Sid Vicious posted:

So good it gave me an involuntary shudder, the same way the scene has done every single time for the last 33 years

Also… what is the deal with your regdate?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Oh neat, thank you!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

MrMojok posted:

So good it gave me an involuntary shudder, the same way the scene has done every single time for the last 33 years

Also… what is the deal with your regdate?

its the earliest possible time unix based systems can display

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Duke is an all time great character and I demand a spin off series about him hunting slasher villains and monsters

In high school I started writing a “Jason Goes to Prison” screenplay and you better believe Creighton Duke was there to give a long monologue about how he finally caught Michael Myers and Leatherface.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Splint Chesthair posted:

In high school I started writing a “Jason Goes to Prison” screenplay and you better believe Creighton Duke was there to give a long monologue about how he finally caught Michael Myers and Leatherface.

Now I'm just imagining a Jason in prison movie but instead its just Shawkshank Redemption where Andy has been replaced by Jason.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Now I'm just imagining a Jason in prison movie but instead its just Shawkshank Redemption where Andy has been replaced by Jason.

That would probably be better than what I came up with, for sure.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Ah this is the fence death from Final Destination 2. Excellent.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The scene in Christine where the car is on fire and just driving down the road to run that guy down is loving insanely bad rear end imagery.

Its fall weather here so I decided on Christine and I think I'mma go with another Stephen King as well probably Maximum Overdrive.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Wrong kid died!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Hollismason posted:

The scene in Christine where the car is on fire and just driving down the road to run that guy down is loving insanely bad rear end imagery.

Its fall weather here so I decided on Christine and I think I'mma go with another Stephen King as well probably Maximum Overdrive.

added to my list great shot