Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

External Organs posted:

Thank you, landlords

remembering how their co-founder bulldozed a historic house that predated the chicago fire so he could have a sideyard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Lord of Pie posted:

Israeli intelligence, after being caught completely flat footed by the biggest uprising in my lifetime, is suddenly able to locate every Hamas member with perfect clarity in all these kindergartens and such

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I still am not sure Iran will get involved but Israel is absolutely going to bomb their weapons and drone factories.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

A typical mod only can respond to 20 reports at a time, and most mods only can do two or three rounds of that.

So if there are more than 40 or 60 reports the mods will be overwhelmed and posts will get through.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

6 months free with a 12 month subscription

HerLegacy
Dec 25, 2012

Organ Fiend posted:

Like hell if I can keep up with this thread, but is there any news or speculation about what Hamas's objective is/was? Hostages? Taking land? Retaliation?

just repeating a theory that ive heard, but it could be that they are trying to provoke an overreaction in order to garner sympathy

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

ELTON JOHN posted:

theyve been spatting with shapiro for the last day or so lol

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1711743927345193078

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
Israel is going nuts with the atrocity propaganda while committing very real, documented atrocities at the exact same time.

Disgusting settler state.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

:sickos:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Al! posted:

every american thinks theyre the guy that would grab the ss officer's gun and free bunchenwald but are baffled when they see it happening

worse they think that germany has the right to defend itself against the people in buchenwald

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Organ Fiend posted:

Like hell if I can keep up with this thread, but is there any news or speculation about what Hamas's objective is/was? Hostages? Taking land? Retaliation?

there's prob a bunch of objectives but trying to disrupt the slow normalization of relations between Israel and various Arab states seem likely to be one

Hamas's long term objective of establishing an independent Palestine depends a lot on widespread support from other Arab states, or at least their publics. But the cause has being losing luster and centrality in the body politics of the Arab world for a couple of decades now. The normalization of relations between Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia etc is a major cause of concern for Hamas because on the long run it probably spells the death of their cause.

So -something- has to be done now.

This is at least a charitable interpretation of their motives, it's also entirely possible this is driven by internal hamas politics and/or something dumb happening in the client-patron relationship with Iran.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

HerLegacy posted:

just repeating a theory that ive heard, but it could be that they are trying to provoke an overreaction in order to garner sympathy

i see these kinds of takes but theyre not like the west where they can afford to grind up a few thousand people to play geopolitical games. things were already at the end times for the gaza strip, violence of some sort was the only option

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

HerLegacy posted:

I think it's a combination of just pure desperation and showing the Israeli public what they are capable of.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Good news for the world on World Mental Health Day.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

30.5 Days posted:

No this is uber for therapy where the incredible churn of mistreated psychiatric nurse practitioners means that your clinician will be different every other session.

It was both, because they were secretly and without consent using "AI therapists" to "supplement" text conversations

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

A typical mod only can respond to 20 reports at a time, and most mods only can do two or three rounds of that.

So if there are more than 40 or 60 reports the mods will be overwhelmed and posts will get through.

Putin is reading this right now and grinning.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Al! posted:

every american thinks theyre the guy that would grab the ss officer's gun and free bunchenwald but are baffled when they see it happening

I'm sorry I just can't condone opening fire on the Wehrmacht autumn ball

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

fanfic insert posted:

liberals bury their heads in the sand in order to liberate themselves from the tyranny of responsibility, liberalism was supposed to solve all human problems without their active participation and anything demonstrating the opposite is to be ignored

if that were the case, they would only ignore implicating information, but they also actively seek out information that supports Capital precisely because they want to feel responsible. it's why people develop posting brain and think the posting war is a real front that matters, and why perceptual alignment is rigorously enforced.

HerLegacy
Dec 25, 2012

VoicesCanBe posted:

Israel is going nuts with the atrocity propaganda while committing very real, documented atrocities at the exact same time.

Disgusting settler state.

it definitely isnt lost on me that one of the first images i saw was a camera shoved in the face of a couple of isreali police officers using their bodies to shield a kid

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Typo posted:

the cause has being losing luster and centrality in the body politics of the Arab world for a couple of decades now.

this is a funny way of saying obama sponsored a bunch of military coups to place people the us identified as being easy to control re israel at the head of a bunch of dictatorships

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

ben is of course lying but "they put their military hq under a hospital" pretty much encapsulates the west's total ignorance and willing to accept atrocities as long as theyre not happening to white people

he's not lying, he's simply projecting

IIRC the israeli ministry of defense shares a wall with a large shopping mall. tel aviv has tons of buildings like that, on purpose, so anyone trying to attack them is going to kill civilians

now, using civilians as a shield is definitely a war crime, but rules are for thee not for me etc

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

docbeard posted:

I think it's just gig economy therapy but them branching out into ChatGPT therapy wouldn't surprise me one bit.

(Drunk Eliza is the only robot therapist anyone needs)

yeah it's trash and being advertised on all the youtube/podcast channels now.

doesnt surprise me the fascist government is shilling it too

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Its tricky for us in the West to understand this but Hamas clearly sees this as an existentialist issue where its now or ever as the writing has been on the wall with how insane Israel politics have been the last couple of years. Everything else has failed and they realize with all the poo poo happening in the world and the vibes are off, they needed to do something.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

or in places where obama couldnt do that, made sure they were so war torn they couldnt afford ro help

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Orange Devil posted:

No, you're an antisemite now.

Same for me.

Then the liberal will tell us all about how the holodomor was worse than the Holocaust.

The trust the science rationality people having an incoherent worldview while justifying means testing, drone campaigns, and technocracy on how impartial and scientific their beliefs are...

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I hope that EU rethinks stopping all aid to Palestine, that was a rash decision.
Israel is going to do what it is going do but what benefit is there really for any western to side with them, expect for the USA?
From a purely cyncial perspective that disregards all morality Europe should be asking Israel for restraint.
War always generates refugees after all. And the spike in energy prices will also be detrimental for European nations.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Al! posted:

this is a funny way of saying obama sponsored a bunch of military coups to place people the us identified as being easy to control re israel at the head of a bunch of dictatorships

which coup would that be?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

HerLegacy posted:

provoking a reaction, sure, but not to garner sympathy. the only branch of Israels military worth a poo poo is the air force and it sure looks like they've provoked the actual conscript army into making an attack which will probably be very unsuccessful. the insane response might also cause israel to get into a real fight with whatever groups in lebanon have been exchanging artillery over the border with them

Fascist imperialists can't help but to antagonize everyone around them and now don't really have a way out of this besides the government collapsing. you can't win actual wars against a determined enemy with just an air force, as the US has proved very many times by now

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
So to the guys saying you need to be Jewish and or Israeli to serve in the IDF, lol

lobster shirt edit: removed POW tweet photo

Somebody has issued a correction as of 17:33 on Oct 10, 2023

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

So the giant rave held at the gates of a prison was overrun, that seems to be the nexus of the atrocity propaganda, but it's very unclear what actually happened there

https://x.com/Osinttechnical/status/1711256232646897813?s=20

I'm not saying how they could do that or why they would feel justified. I however don't think espousing the Code of Hammurabi as a reasonable opinion is cool or good. Personally I believe that before the raid they were given drugs because as much as you try to demonize someone I can see it being really hard to kill someone close quarters.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Death By The Blues posted:

So to the guys saying you need to be Jewish and or Israeli to serve in the IDF, lol

Lmao the hat thing

lobster shirt edit: removed POW tweet photo

Somebody has issued a correction as of 17:33 on Oct 10, 2023

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

the Israeli plan of moving Palestinians to smaller and smaller reservations relies on settlers being willing to do the work of stealing land and squatting on it. this operation changes the risk calculus of doing that squatting.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

genericnick posted:

Why are you surprised? By and large you're a product of the same organization that brought us ships that melt in seawater.

I would like to think that exposure to lead foil and concussions somehow played a part in why this doesn't register to me, like Phineas Gage.

I'm sure if I was candid about the ideology stuff with my peers they'd say "You know, ever since he hurt his head he hasn't been the same..."

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Al! posted:

i see these kinds of takes but theyre not like the west where they can afford to grind up a few thousand people to play geopolitical games. things were already at the end times for the gaza strip, violence of some sort was the only option

Yeah. Like I know it’s typically for atrocities against Palestinians to get memory holed but they did a peaceful march to the border wall to draw international attention to their plight in Gaza and got massacred by the hundreds and thousands permanently injured by IDF snipers and the wests response was to tut-tut the Palestinians for provoking poor little Israel into killing them, if it was acknowledged at all.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
"40 beheaded babies" is just going to be gospel truth now

Cool media literacy we have

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

gradenko_2000 posted:

"40 beheaded babies" is just going to be gospel truth now

Cool media literacy we have

Literally ww1 propaganda

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
hearing disturbing reports that palestinians have not only lost the moral high ground, but also their lustre.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Bad news for C-SPAM posters unfortunate enough to live in Britain, posting "From the river to the sea, palestine will be free" or posting a Palestinian flag will now get you arrested and thrown in jail:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/oct/10/people-supporting-hamas-in-uk-will-be-held-to-account-says-rishi-sunak

quote:

Waving a Palestinian flag or singing a chant advocating freedom for Arabs in the region may be a criminal offence, Suella Braverman has told senior police officers.

In a letter to chief constables in England and Wales, the home secretary urged them to clamp down on any attempts to use flags, songs or swastikas to harass or intimidate members of the Jewish community.

Her words, which follow deadly attacks by Hamas on Israelis and a military response, will deeply concern freedom of speech advocates and members of the Muslim community.

In the letter, Braverman said police should not restrict themselves to potential offences related to the promotion of Hamas, a proscribed organisation.

“It is not just explicit pro-Hamas symbols and chants that are cause for concern. I would encourage police to consider whether chants such as: ‘From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free’ should be understood as an expression of a violent desire to see Israel erased from the world, and whether its use in certain contexts may amount to a racially aggravated section 5 public order offence.

“I would encourage police to give similar consideration to the presence of symbols such as swastikas at anti-Israel demonstrations. Context is crucial. Behaviours that are legitimate in some circumstances, for example the waving of a Palestinian flag, may not be legitimate such as when intended to glorify acts of terrorism.

Worrying news for C-SPAM posters residing in Britain, Suella Cowardwoman did not provide clarity on other slogans such as "Death to Israel", "Death to :amerikkka:", or "Death to Britain", so they will have to take their chances.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Hamas crucified Belgian nurses!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

going to edit out the pictures of POWs, i dont think we need to have that here