Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Atrocious Joe posted:

"This is a civilization war. The forces of good versus evil. These people want to take us back 500 years and are being masterminded by Iran. The good thing is many people in the Arab world stand with us.
This is a civilization struggle. We are the first stop on that struggle, but the rest of the world is next."

-Deputy mayor of occupied Al-Quds (Jerusalem) on CNN

this guy isn’t an Austrian painter by any chance is he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lpzie posted:

THIS 100%

Press got their picture, he could have been beaten blue and tossed out after and it wouldnt have mattered.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

HallelujahLee posted:

Ukraine accuses Russia of supporting Hamas operations

Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has accused Russia of supporting Hamas in its conflict with Israel.

“We are certain that Russia is supporting, in one way or another, Hamas operations”, Zelenskyy said in an interview with the France 2 television channel. “Russia is really trying to carry out destabilising actions all over the world.”

Zelenskyy added violence engulfing Israel and Gaza threatened to distract the focus from the war in his own country. “There is a risk that international attention will turn away from Ukraine, and that will have consequences.”

The tragedies affecting Ukraine and Israel “are different but both are immense”, he said.

somebody is sad they are no longer in the limelight

lol gently caress off Z we got a cool war now

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

spacemang_spliff posted:

I was at the anti-genocide rally eating beans and I spilled them and this kid yelled "this guy's eating beans!"

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Al-Saqr posted:

holy loving poo poo even the whole 'peaceful rave being attacked' bit was a loving lie

https://twitter.com/carlo_5518/status/1711822868483383663?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Maybe, I'm waiting to see proper verification of that video. From what we've seen earlier, though, there's good reporting that at least some festival-goers were shot at close range, supported by dashcam video.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/09/middleeast/israel-hamas-music-festival-aftermath-intl-hnk/index.html

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Press got their picture, he could have been beaten blue and tossed out after and it wouldnt have mattered.

spoken like a coward that wouldn't smash the phone

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

apparently the APC and tank were there as part of regularly deployed security forces for major events in that part of Israel....?

does seem like a little overkill. the girl in that video was on TV today saying the security forces were apparently supposed to be there

nice clusterfuck they made of it, I suppose

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

guess we're in a quantum superposition rn where hamas killed the rave and that's good and also israel killed the rave and that's bad

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

it's their rave, they're supposed to be there

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ytlaya posted:

I get it, you're embarrassed. You misremembered the image as being different than it was. Happens to the best of us - I had also forgotten that it was a single guy who obviously pulled up a swastika on his phone to show to onlooking journalist cameras.

It wouldn't matter if someone beat the poo poo out of him right after this was taken. This picture was still taken and it's all over twitter. I'm not embarrassed that I don't want a picture of me at a rally with a guy holding that poo poo up. It's a pretty reasonable stance to take.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

mcmagic posted:

It wouldn't matter if someone beat the poo poo out of him right after this was taken. This picture was still taken and it's all over twitter.

yeah because you weren't there to beat him up before it was taken, duh

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

an ironicat to blot out the sun

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

mcmagic posted:

It wouldn't matter if someone beat the poo poo out of him right after this was taken. This picture was still taken and it's all over twitter. I'm not embarrassed that I don't want a picture of me at a rally with a guy holding that poo poo up. It's a pretty reasonable stance to take.

WampaLord posted:

cool, then keep freaking out about the optics, a productive use of your time and effort

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

its like talking to a brick wall

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

William Bear posted:

Maybe, I'm waiting to see proper verification of that video. From what we've seen earlier, though, there's good reporting that at least some festival-goers were shot at close range, supported by dashcam video.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/09/middleeast/israel-hamas-music-festival-aftermath-intl-hnk/index.html

the video shows the guy who was getting shot at at point blank led away

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

mcmagic posted:

shut uppppppp

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

mcmagic posted:

It's a pretty reasonable stance to take.

it's not, it's actually very stupid and libesque

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lpzie posted:

it's not, it's actually very stupid and libesque

starving. we got any libesque back there?

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

couldnt anyone pull up a swastika on their phone at any rally or any gathering of any kind at any time anywhere? wouldn't the best option, certainly the noblest one, be to cower in your room under a blanket, invisible to cameras?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Ytlaya posted:

I get it, you're embarrassed. You misremembered the image as being different than it was. Happens to the best of us - I had also forgotten that it was a single guy who obviously pulled up a swastika on his phone to show to onlooking journalist cameras.

mcmagic posted:

Move on please

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has accused Russia of supporting Hamas in its conflict with Israel.

“We are certain that Russia is supporting, in one way or another, Hamas operations”, Zelenskyy said in an interview with the France 2 television channel. “Russia is really trying to carry out destabilising actions all over the world.”

Zelenskyy added violence engulfing Israel and Gaza threatened to distract the focus from the war in his own country. “There is a risk that international attention will turn away from Ukraine, and that will have consequences.”

The tragedies affecting Ukraine and Israel “are different but both are immense”, he said.

They have already come out and say that if hamas has western weapons its because russia sent them captured gear from ukraine. Not that ukraine is selling weapons in the black market no siree

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
pulling up a swastika on my phone but shaking my head at it so evberyone at the rally knows i disapprove

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

pulling up swastika.jpeg

"wow concerning"

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

absolutely malding. pathetic

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

mcmagic posted:

If you had been there you could have stopped him. It actually would have been better to be there. Do better

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Israel confirming they were warned

https://twitter.com/lisang/status/1711824708746838214

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/realbassemeid/status/1711774614815150089

beheaded burned babies turn to ash ash ash 🎶

i'm sure we'll have sexual assault trauma kit results in the next couple hours

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

mcmagic posted:

“Ok succlib”

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

holy loving poo poo even the whole 'peaceful rave being attacked' bit was a loving lie

https://twitter.com/carlo_5518/status/1711822868483383663?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

called it

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

it would be bad rear end to be in this photo

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
https://twitter.com/BenGoldsmith/status/1711481684544127182

there should be some sort of award for achieving this level of excellence in shitposting.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mcmagic posted:

Because I don't want to be in pictures being in the same rally with guys holding up swastikas that is lib brain?

yeah dude one guy (who is probably a plant lol) holding up a phone with the google image search results for swastika is certainly indicative of the protest movement and not of you

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Because I don't want to be in pictures being in the same rally with guys holding up swastikas that is lib brain?

it's because you painted one guy, an obvious plant, as the prevailing zeitgeist among thousands of people.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

smarxist posted:

https://twitter.com/realbassemeid/status/1711774614815150089

beheaded burned babies turn to ash ash ash 🎶

i'm sure we'll have sexual assault trauma kit results in the next couple hours

were there already graves or did the fighters stop to dig some holes in the middle of a battle lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mcmagic posted:

That picture is all over twitter.... You don't need to google anything.

It doesn't matter if it's obviously a plant to you. It's not a picture I'd want to be in.

you are so loving stupid lol

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

what if that actually is mcmagic and they're just trying to establish an alibi?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

mcdumbass

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

boo boo bear posted:

https://twitter.com/BenGoldsmith/status/1711481684544127182

there should be some sort of award for achieving this level of excellence in shitposting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrxPpjBASPA&t=38s

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

boo boo bear posted:

what if that actually is mcmagic and they're just trying to establish an alibi?

ohSHIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Woke Mind Virus posted:

it would be bad rear end to be in this photo

exactly