Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

GalacticAcid posted:

Baseball thread btw

Only one of the outcomes of the past two days of games has been desireable and apparently we have Creed to thank for some of it. Leave us to our misery, GA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

No Safe Word posted:

Did the WS champ win 100 games?
2022: Yup
2021: Nope
2020: Season didn't count
2019: Nope
2018: Yup
2017: Yup
2016: Yup

granted then you have to go back to 2009 for it to be true, but most of those seasons didn't even have a 100-game winner.
16-18 fooled people into thinking 100-win teams win titles all the time

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
we need the Orioles to soar so we get four games tomorrow.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

rickiep00h posted:

AHEM.

Creed's "Bullets" rips harder than it has any right to. Just, uh, don't watch the video. Scott Stapp is a ridiculous weirdo, but they had some great moments outside his Jesus complex.

Korn's first 3 albums were amazing, and LB's first two could be condensed into one very good one.

After the initial wave of numetal's popularity, it turned into a bunch of turgid poo poo for sure, but even the bands that people poo poo on the most had great first or second albums. They were absolutely one-trick ponies though.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

You really think Patrick Bateman would like some losers like the Twins?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

rickiep00h posted:

You really think Patrick Bateman would like some losers like the Twins?

I just love thinking about him doing the Huey Lewis monologue about Korn.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Intruder posted:

I loved that even on the most heartbreakingly emotional day of his life Prince Fielder still took time to touch Beltre's head

This and the Kansas basketball player swinging the chair may be two of the best sports-related photos of the century. This looks like it could be a Renaissance painting.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bregor posted:

Seriously go watch that halftime show on YouTube, it's just tremendous content

I've seen multiple people say this and none of them have posted a link to it :thunk:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

R.D. Mangles posted:

I just love thinking about him doing the Huey Lewis monologue about Korn.

It would be a very strange movie if set in the 90s. Functionally the same, but all the references and technologies are exactly 10 years newer.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Poque posted:

we need the Orioles to soar so we get four games tomorrow.

orioles better put themselves out of their misery or win at least 3 in a row because i dont have the heart for any other sort of bullshit this year

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This is not a "Creed is good, actually" thread god dammit. They are bad. However, without Creed in the world we wouldn't have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prLQhRYh_Ls

And I don't want to live in a world without this beautiful, majestic tire fire.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I was disappointed to see his #11 jersey was a vanity jersey and not Danny White.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Scott Stapp more like Hott Crapp

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Things I wasn't expecting to post about today: Scott Stapp was on an early episode of some celebrity poker show - 2004 or so. Others at the table included the late great Carrie Fisher, and more importantly - David Cross. Cross, being David Cross had spent years mocking Stapp as a part of poo poo talking tons of bands. A couple years later, he included a bonus track on a CD where he tells the story about the game and how he wasn't sure if Stapp had any idea who he was or if he had been poo poo talking him for years.

Short answer : Yes he knew.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcfTNIldmto

I don't give a rip about poker and don't expect any top level play from hungover celebrities, but Scott Stapp was mind bendingly bad at it. Misunderstanding basic what hands beat what levels of dumb. (Carrie Fisher wasn't much better to be honest, but she gets a massive pass)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2y5hfv

14:50 or so for a sample of Scott getting confused when his two pair loses to a higher two pair. It's not the only time he looks like a confused puppy.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

rickiep00h posted:

It would be a very strange movie if set in the 90s. Functionally the same, but all the references and technologies are exactly 10 years newer.

The last decade where you could presumably still say, "I have to return some videotapes."

General Dog posted:

This and the Kansas basketball player swinging the chair may be two of the best sports-related photos of the century. This looks like it could be a Renaissance painting.

:hmmyes: The one of Puig fighting the entire Pirates infield was pretty great too

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticMLB/status/1711558051675664483

My favorite takeaway from this isn't the crowd that they're trying to showcase, but that everybody just does what the gently caress they're supposed to (except Bryce). Just a bunch of people super hyped up but still being in the right spot to backup the throws. Good poo poo.

Also I'd love the option to watch the whole game from this perspective. Wish MLB would step up their tech a little to allow different angles like this.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
Other teams:
Home run trident, samurai hats, pushing guys in a barrel, cowboy hats
The Rangers:
We like to listen to Creed to get psyched up 🙃

So uncool it's cool

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/OptaSTATS/status/1711876713997611450

Sure didn't feel like it today!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

hey guys how do you get hits in October? asking for a friend

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shadows.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

zoux posted:

Shadows.

Brewers should have a title then

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Pobrecito posted:

Other teams:
Home run trident, samurai hats, pushing guys in a barrel, cowboy hats
The Rangers:
We like to listen to Creed to get psyched up 🙃

So uncool it's cool

Just uncool.

Lulled them into low energy by making them walk everywhere.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Thanks Twins fans!

https://x.com/brianmctaggart/status/1711901252739637445?s=20

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I will lol so hard if Orioles eat poo poo.

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.

algebra testes posted:

if this isn't already eating poo poo i'm scared to see what is

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Insane to avoid the sweep for 162 games and then

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

algebra testes posted:

Decided to wait to be swept until the very end

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/NathanSRuiz/status/1711907049746190345

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

algebra testes posted:

I have good news for you.

The Rangers sure picked the right time to remember they're actually a pretty good team.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
not a sweep if all five games aren’t played :shepicide:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

What a way to go if it holds though

How many can claim it

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
https://i.imgur.com/UqtBfKz.mp4

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The Twins need to save us from the hell of an all Texas ALCS

Or the Orioles could rally

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
As an aside, if you hate the Dallas Cowboys you want the Rangers to advance to the ALCS. That would mean every team in Dallas, INCLUDING the MLS team, has gotten further in the playoffs than the Cowboys have back in the 90s.

"yeah but I can just make fun of em even if the Rangers don't advance," you say. This is true. However, I'm talking locally. If you want Cowboys criticism to reach a fever pitch when they inevitably blow it again, the Rangers need to show that they don't need 30 fuckin years to be a title contender. DFW will poo poo all over em.

Is this galaxy brained thinking? 150%. Am I looking forward to angry drunks on post game? Extremely.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

The Twins need to save us from the hell of an all Texas ALCS

Or the Orioles could rally

You already know what's going to happen

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

MrMidnight posted:

You already know what's going to happen

It will physically hurt me, but I will root for the Rangers

Unless the Twins can pull out the win

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mariner fans are whatever that well is poisoned at this point.

It’d hurt more if Blue Jay fans cheered for the Rangers over the Astros.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Imagine choosing to root for a team that loves Creed and would get Aroldis Chapman another WS ring if they won

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I'm not going to root for anyone if the Twins don't pull it out because I'm going to be far, far too sad and I'm not going to watch any more baseball on the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

algebra testes posted:

Lol