Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I just want people to know that I am not deliberately picking smart pistol, I am using dice roll, damnit.

'holier than thou', nice work, pilot :ocelot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
The joke here is that it's not a flat percentage for everything, it changes the better or worse you do. Worse pilots tend to get smart pistol out of dice roll more. :ssh:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Dead link is this a goon one or? We have the PSN group chat but I haven’t been checking it

Sorry, discord invites expire after a few days. Its mostly goons, just about a dozen folks, maybe 3 or 4 who play TF. We're all PC though. https://discord.gg/xvZfJb22

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The joke here is that it's not a flat percentage for everything, it changes the better or worse you do. Worse pilots tend to get smart pistol out of dice roll more. :ssh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_lAb8m9MpI

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I love that TF2 is essentially a hip-fire game of old and all the hyper ADS clowns have to play an inherently less fun version of the game

Which guns have the good hip fire? I'm aware that Alternator is super accurate tap fired at almost any distance but I've forgotten which weapons are cool. I had some fun with my nerfed EVA-8 though just closing distance and spraying away.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
The CAR and the Volt have superfluous ADS functionality. They’re the top two. After that I guess the Alternator in tap fire, then the Flatline in short bursts maybe? The Mozambique of course is not necessary to ADS with and uhhhh that’s all I got off the top of my head.

I guess you technically can’t ADS with the EPG? Not sure that counts though

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
The Smart Pistol is actually harder to get kills with if you suck because you have to keep your mouse on the guy instead of just clicking at the right moment.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Which guns have the good hip fire? I'm aware that Alternator is super accurate tap fired at almost any distance but I've forgotten which weapons are cool. I had some fun with my nerfed EVA-8 though just closing distance and spraying away.

EVA-8, EPG, and R97 are all fun hipfire jumping around like a maniac

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I remember having a lot of fun with the softball too, especially when you manage to tag someone and they explode a split second after they kill you. I always found that particularly satisfying. You cannot escape death :v:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I remember having a lot of fun with the softball too, especially when you manage to tag someone and they explode a split second after they kill you. I always found that particularly satisfying. You cannot escape death :v:

oh yeah Softball and Cold War, pure chaos options

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

EPG was a really fun weapon to style on folks with

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Every gun in TF2 is a hipfire weapon. Some are just slightly better than others

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

wait, it's not? i could have sworn?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I just can't make the R97 work. Wish I could, people slay with that thing but it's so bad at midrange and I get a decent amount of fights there so....

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I spent a lot of time early on spitting the R97 through A-Walls, I don't think I'll ever be able to top my hours used with it even though I hardly use it anymore. I think it was nerfed at some point, Colony Reborn perhaps?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Fuligin posted:

EPG was a really fun weapon to style on folks with

I'm not that good with it but man killing people with it is so satisfying

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Riding the Rodeo with my Spitfire.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
Spitfire is such a fun and rage inducing gun. Nothing like the entire enemy team desperately trying to dislodge you from your spot.

I like to combine it with the Smart Pistol so the movement-kiddies also rage out.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
First one of my gaming channels starts ~randomly~ doing a TF2 playthrough despite that being kind of outside their format and now this:
https://gamerant.com/titanfall-3-news-october-2023-rumor/

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol, after killing my hopes for years and look where we are

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Imagine thinking in 2023 that EA isn't going to monetize the gently caress out of it

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Titanfall 3 will launch with three game modes: Attrition, Titan vs. Titan, and... something called Factions 2???

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

guess we'll find out soon if Vince kept his promise

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kazzah posted:

Titanfall 3 will launch with three game modes: Attrition, Titan vs. Titan, and... something called Factions 2???

:negative:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I don't loving believe it one bit.

(mostly because if I set the expectations now, I won't be disappointed when it turns out to be a macrotransaction-riddled mess)

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I hope it doesn't reference Apex much. Not because I'm against Apex itself, I just don't think its style meshes with the more "grounded" Titanfall designs.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
It gets confirmed, but their media team is weirdly cagey about there being Titans in it

absurd, drama inducing reluctance to answer questions folks have about how no titan footage was in the trailer except some sound effects when fading to black until a week before launch where they have a video confirming yes they are in the game

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

First one of my gaming channels starts ~randomly~ doing a TF2 playthrough despite that being kind of outside their format and now this:
https://gamerant.com/titanfall-3-news-october-2023-rumor/
lol *makes the ESRB logo fade in and out dramatically*
https://twitter.com/JHaleStorm/status/1711595224407949486

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Ehhh I'm not holding my breath on that one. I hope I'm wrong though.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
There is about a 95% chance people are going to be disappointed by whatever this is, keep that in mind.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I don't loving believe it one bit.

(mostly because if I set the expectations now, I won't be disappointed when it turns out to be a macrotransaction-riddled mess)

same

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I wouldn't even try to believe it if Apex, like a lot of GaaSes, weren't having a slow year

As it stands, I'm ready to be disappointed but I would like not to be

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
EAs gonna announce Titanfall GO! for mobile, aren't they.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Titanfall Wars

A brand new 4X Strategy Experience.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Tetrabor posted:

EAs gonna announce Titanfall GO! for mobile, aren't they.

They did this already twice

Edit: to be clear they did an apex mobile and titanfall mobile game is all im referring too

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 11, 2023

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
It’ll be a Titan looter-shooter with MOBA style gameplay and Attrition Mode is only available for those who pre-order.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
god, i just started rediscovering my favorite weapons and the joy of using them again, i am not ready to see how the heck they balance the guns in a post-Apex game. (i will never let you go, mozambique, i still remember when you were a secondary and my favorite secondary at that)

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Titanfall Wars

A brand new 4X Strategy Experience.

id play it lol

or a titnfall rts

hell id play a topdown titanfall diablo clone im shameless

Ringo Star Get posted:

It’ll be a Titan looter-shooter with MOBA style gameplay and Attrition Mode is only available for those who pre-order.

would preorder this too tbh

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Honestly there's only two multiplayer games I'd be excited for if they theoretically happen

And that's Factions 2 and Titanfall 3.

I played stuff like the new cod last year and only stuck with it for something like 60 hours. Before that was Battlefield 2042 and well, lol at that.

I've been playing mostly single player stuff and yeah those two games would be the first I've been excited for from a multiplayer title in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

sockpuppetclock posted:

lol *makes the ESRB logo fade in and out dramatically*
https://twitter.com/JHaleStorm/status/1711595224407949486

Standby for heartbreak.