Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://twitter.com/rewuyuu/status/1707520042949042637

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'm going to pull for Topaz because evil ruthless ladies are cool.

Edit: I'm not going to GET Topaz since I only have like 50 pulls saved up and no guarantee, but I'm going to to choose her banner while pulling for Guinafen.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 11, 2023

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

If you don't roll for the cute Space IMF lady you simply must go to jail

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

I'm sure she's repossessed a planet before and now those orphans work in the IPC-owned mining towns.

lol

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

this but unironically

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

This Jingliu quest really should have been part of the main story to give context to the Cloud Quintet and everything surrounding all their deal because man, this quest is long.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Traveller posted:

If you don't roll for the cute Space IMF lady you simply must go to debtor's prison

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Only 20% of them fall to ecological disaster!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

TBH I am super disappointed we didn't get a boss fight against Topaz.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I will say those IPC goons hit like loving trucks for some reason. Not looking forward to every MoC/SU Event being stocked with them and the ape from now on.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
did bronya dump seele off screen or something

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

padijun posted:

Keep going

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

padijun posted:

yes she's on a rebound fling with jing liu right now

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

boredsatellite posted:

yes she's on a rebound fling with jing liu right now

me too

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Jing Liu in 20 pulls. First time I'm coming out substantially ahead of pity.

Now to think about who to save for next.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Well I used my guarantee on Jingliu so time to give Topaz a pass and save for Huo Huo/Silverwolf. Pretty stocked on ridiculous damage now with her, DHIL, Kafka, and Seele so back to pulling for support.

Not today, space capitalism!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Like four people will probably get what I mean but the..polygonal? way the IPC outfits on the soldiers are done reminds me of the Falz Apprentice/Persona/Elder battlesuits

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
On the one hand Topaz's whole deal is still pretty evil. I feel like she could have at least given them numbers and time for a proper vote on, you know, selling the entire planet into indentured servitude and the civil war that would likely come with.

On the other hand she has an adorable pet pig that is also a treasure radar, and she is very hot.

So I for one am still going to roll for her.
(Already didn't have a full guarantee saved up before Jingliu though.)

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I'm not pulling for Jinglu OR Topaz :unsmigghh:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

That was a fun little story. Might pull a bit on topaz cause of it

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I hit E6 on QQ trying for Jingliu and took her undertraced rear end into propagation path with some hodgepodge relics for a spin

:aaa:

The numbers… once I got the spore on skill use… the NUMBERS

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I finally got my first 30-star MoC thanks to Jingliu.

Stage 9 took a few attempts because people kept dying with Lynx as a solo sustain. I got it in the end by bringing in Fireblazer, but I was about to come complain that Lynx is now the only weak link left in my team, because she isn't quite good enough to do the job alone. Then I noticed I've had her carrying some random level 1 light cone around for who knows how long. I now consider myself a Honkai: Star Rail challenge run expert. Ask me anything.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

This fake pokemon event is pretty fun

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm lukewarm on Jingliu but my Sampo and Tingyun are E0 (QQ E6) so I thought I'd snag some Eidolons if I was unlucky.

30 pulls and only one Sampo Eidolon. I think I'll just save up for later from here.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I'm glad that they finally decided to explain Dan Heng's backstory 2 patches later.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

jingliu is cool and all but topaz is cuter and therefore my decision remains unchanged

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
numby is very cute and I am glad they got occasional spotlight

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

UHD posted:

jingliu is cool and all but topaz is cuter and therefore my decision remains unchanged

Idk man I don't think topaz is very cute at all

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

Idk man I don't think topaz is very cute at all

it's ok to be wrong i wont hold it against you

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I like both Jingliu and Topaz. :)

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Also the topaz quest ended about how I expected it to but not why I suspected it to, which was vaguely interesting. Expected the scrappy crew saving the local park from the developer ending, but not for Topaz to explain that the reason she went so hard wasn't because she's a lovely capitalist (though she is, bless her) but because she was conflating it with her own childhood and home planet and that she'd definitely overstepped

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Leraika posted:

Also the topaz quest ended about how I expected it to but not why I suspected it to, which was vaguely interesting. Expected the scrappy crew saving the local park from the developer ending, but not for Topaz to explain that the reason she went so hard wasn't because she's a lovely capitalist (though she is, bless her) but because she was conflating it with her own childhood and home planet and that she'd definitely overstepped

Topaz is definitely someone who saw her home nearly die and be saved when she was little, and has completely internalized the reason why it was saved as good without seeing or acknowledging any harm that came of that decision. Moreover, she has survivorship bias because she managed to rise through the ranks to the elite of the corp and can live as comfortable a lifestyle she likes as far from her homeworld as possible, to the point she doesn't have to care about the occasional hit to her income whenever she needs to assuage her conscience.

How many people on her homeworld weren't so lucky, who can't enjoy the improved environment of their world because they live crammed like sardines in a tiny apartment and spend all their waking hours slaving for their corporate masters?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Clarste posted:

TBH I am super disappointed we didn't get a boss fight against Topaz.

Missed opportunity, but maybe people get to beat her up or at least her Pokemon in the Aetherium Wars event.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Numby always makes me think it's actually numpy, so when will there be a programming mini game

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Tree Reformat posted:

Topaz is definitely someone who saw her home nearly die and be saved when she was little, and has completely internalized the reason why it was saved as good without seeing or acknowledging any harm that came of that decision. Moreover, she has survivorship bias because she managed to rise through the ranks to the elite of the corp and can live as comfortable a lifestyle she likes as far from her homeworld as possible, to the point she doesn't have to care about the occasional hit to her income whenever she needs to assuage her conscience.

How many people on her homeworld weren't so lucky, who can't enjoy the improved environment of their world because they live crammed like sardines in a tiny apartment and spend all their waking hours slaving for their corporate masters?

Lemme check the Underworld and I'll get back to you.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
As cool and pretty and strong as Jingliu is, her ult animation makes me feel like I've been hit by a flashbang every time. May finally push me into enabling that anti-epilepsy mode they added.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Tbh the quest ended with us basically cosigning a loan and I could hear Kaiji voice going "DON'T COSIGN A LOAN"

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
love Topaz's Frieza energy.

i am interested in a Fire Hunt character, but feel like the buff to followup attacks (which honestly occur far less than everything else) has to be huge to offset a strong generic buffer like just throwing a bronya on a blade every turn.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Hypocrisy posted:

Lemme check the Underworld and I'll get back to you.

The place the IPC immediately started loving up with robots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I did the thing where you pull even if you don’t care about the 5-star. I got QQ E4 and now I no longer need to farm the blue cheese in SU., or pull again for a month.

I just want to thank the obsessive QQ fan(s) ITT for repeated QQ posts; she was L20 a couple weeks ago and now she’s about to be my most developed character. Tasty!