Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

you can, but that requires enough bomber pilots for multiple waves, plus enough pilots doing something that keeps the enemy engaged and on the grid long enough for you to line up the other run(s). i get the sense from elukka's post that they're running a relatively small operation with a few folks havin fun as opposed to having bloc-level fleet numbers at their disposal
Yeah I was thinking of like a few people and a few times more people dropping in our bubble and whether they'd be worth bombing. Like 1-2 bombers and 1-2 other ships. Doesn't seem like the numbers work out and we'd be better off with just regular ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012
May I suggest smart bomb apocs/rokhs w bulkheads in the bubble.

A pair of them would be substantial alpha. We used to use typhoons to smartbomb fleets of mackinaws in hisec

Elchimpster fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 6, 2023

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
which one of you MFs dropped a tackle rorq on my dudes

https://zkillboard.com/related/30003192/202310070600/

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
finally got to take the polarized redeemer out for a spin last night and holy poo poo is that loving fun

TerranRaida
Feb 3, 2010

Goots looks real good on some ships. Not so much on others.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
The answer is to only fly ships the logo looks good on.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Any ship with the Bioresponder/whatever the gently caress the skins are from the current Project Discovery and the BARVE logo looks cool

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Hezzy posted:

which one of you MFs dropped a tackle rorq on my dudes

https://zkillboard.com/related/30003192/202310070600/

What the gently caress was going on there. The combat report is bizarre.

A tackle rorq, 8 dead blops... just what the gently caress was going on?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

yoloer420 posted:

Who wouldn't want to commit twice the people only to get dunked on for twice the losses? You at least hope to loot the field right?

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
In addition to corp emblems they should add corp effects. Like the emergency responder effect with whatever skin you want, so it’s easier to identity friendly ships if the all have the same flair.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Feathers flying out of hulls would be fun

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

yoloer420 posted:

wyvern was running a CRAB beacon. gon dropped the tackle rorq to uh... tackle it, then dropped a cyno inhib to stop the majority of the well-organized phorde standing fleet from dropping on them. phorde used tanked, uncloaked armor blops (a common bloc-level defense fleet nowadays) to jump in under the cyno inhib because covert cynos can still be lit and fed a bunch before killing the gon cyno beacon and getting in some apostles at which point gon left

just like goons used to do in delve, the idea of having an umbrella is that you respond to every threat with overwhelming force so people are disincentivized to roam your space

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
i am ruining my blood standings by doing an escalation, an unrated one at that, from a cosmic signature

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

If you’re lucky you might find some carbon in a box. Fancy that!

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
Why did they put carbon in the box anyway? Those zaney blood raiders!

Ulesi
Aug 30, 2023

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Any ship with the Bioresponder/whatever the gently caress the skins are from the current Project Discovery and the BARVE logo looks cool

But then you have to get cancer from doing Project Discovery. I'm level 50something and just can't stomach it anymore.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Those are transferrable so you can just buy them. They cost basically nothing.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Ulesi posted:

But then you have to get cancer from doing Project Discovery. I'm level 50something and just can't stomach it anymore.

I don't know how many levels I have across my alts, but I have a full set on my main, and as soon as I got that, I absolutely stopped doing it

Ulesi
Aug 30, 2023

Elukka posted:

Those are transferrable so you can just buy them. They cost basically nothing.

Well poo poo

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
https://br.evetools.org/related/30005132/202310110100

What happened? Was this an FC mistake or what?

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Is there a modern EVEMON replacement that uses the ESI logins?

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Lorem ipsum posted:

https://br.evetools.org/related/30005132/202310110100

What happened? Was this an FC mistake or what?

dirty bloberts :pensive:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

walruscat posted:

Is there a modern EVEMON replacement that uses the ESI logins?

evemon uses the esi logins now.

it's kind of crappy and busted, but that's just the entire esi everything tbf

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

hailthefish posted:

evemon uses the esi logins now.

it's kind of crappy and busted, but that's just the entire esi everything tbf

Cool. I must have followed the link to the old program.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I love my dumb XLASB Gnosis. I once again bubbled a gate in Frat staging. First this guy who lost a Jackdaw to me came back in a Cerberus with a buddy in a bomber. I just killed the Cerb and drove the bomber away. A bit later they decide I need to go I guess and a Praxis drops into my bubble, which is obvious bait for whatever comes next but I take it in case something dumb happens. As soon as I do, four Coraxes show in at 40 to lob missiles at me and a Svipul comes in to tackle me. I'm running out of tank, I think I'm dying, but the Praxis pops. The destroyers are dropping me deep into armor, but this has taken long enough that one of my XLASB reloads comes in clutch. From there I'm able to kill the Svipul and given I can't really touch the Coraxes, just leave.

Then I realize I should go back in case there's any good loot, find the Coraxes looting the field along with a t1 logi, and drive those off before they get anything. :v:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Elukka posted:

I love my dumb XLASB Gnosis. I once again bubbled a gate in Frat staging. First this guy who lost a Jackdaw to me came back in a Cerberus with a buddy in a bomber. I just killed the Cerb and drove the bomber away. A bit later they decide I need to go I guess and a Praxis drops into my bubble, which is obvious bait for whatever comes next but I take it in case something dumb happens. As soon as I do, four Coraxes show in at 40 to lob missiles at me and a Svipul comes in to tackle me. I'm running out of tank, I think I'm dying, but the Praxis pops. The destroyers are dropping me deep into armor, but this has taken long enough that one of my XLASB reloads comes in clutch. From there I'm able to kill the Svipul and given I can't really touch the Coraxes, just leave.

Then I realize I should go back in case there's any good loot, find the Coraxes looting the field along with a t1 logi, and drive those off before they get anything. :v:

lol that’s awesome. I’m usually on the other side of “getting scrammed, webbed, then neuted and killed,” so it’s nice to read about things I don’t have the irl skillz to do. I’ve gotten good at running/dodging gatecamps with perches and/or cloak/mwd trickses, but if I get caught I panic and start button mashing like a Mortal Kombat reject. If you ever record some of these, I’d love a link to watch and maybe pick up a pointer or three!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Someone warped in and nicked the ESS of my ratting system yesterday, but they were doing it on a stream with no delay or UI blurring whatsoever. It was even remotely competent I would have done something about it but *effort* and *skills*

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

DerekSmartymans posted:

lol that’s awesome. I’m usually on the other side of “getting scrammed, webbed, then neuted and killed,” so it’s nice to read about things I don’t have the irl skillz to do. I’ve gotten good at running/dodging gatecamps with perches and/or cloak/mwd trickses, but if I get caught I panic and start button mashing like a Mortal Kombat reject. If you ever record some of these, I’d love a link to watch and maybe pick up a pointer or three!
I only really started doing pvp stuff properly a few months back. It's been fun to learn but I'm definitely not amazing at it. All of these fights are like, wait, huh, that's how that goes? I actually should have a clip of that one, I'll see about uploading it somewhere. This camp wasn't a surprise for any of them since they came to fight me anyway.

If you ever wanna join in on some small scale stuff lemme know. Doesn't matter what corp you're in or whatever (though I guess if half the universe is blue to you we gotta watch who we shoot), and we go from Jita.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Elukka posted:

(though I guess if half the universe is blue to you we gotta watch who we shoot)

yup

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Elukka posted:

(though I guess if half the universe is blue to you we gotta watch who we shoot)

why

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I dunno I had the impression people in alliances care about that sort of thing.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

They do, not even allowed to go on NPSI fleets (in goonswarm)

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Elukka posted:

I dunno I had the impression people in alliances care about that sort of thing.

why

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

floppyspud posted:

NPSI fleets (in goonswarm)

:question:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

floppyspud posted:

They do, not even allowed to go on NPSI fleets (in goonswarm)

that sucks lol

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
never not shoot blues and scout for non blues

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Unless they’ve changed it super recently then in GSF you’re not allowed to go on NPSI fleets (which are fleets where people from tonnes of different groups come together to shoot poo poo and have fun, if that’s what you’re actually asking) at all, whether they end up in friendly space or not.

You should really really look at the rules post on the forums

Kaysette posted:

that sucks lol

Yeah, it does, but they create a tonne of work that atrum and his slaves don’t want to deal with, so it’s easier just to ban them outright than deal with the “oh but I didn’t shoot anything” and “oh but I had left fleet by then.”

Pro gamer tip: if you want to awox and get away with it just join bomber fleets and aim for the blue stuff :devil:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

floppyspud posted:

Unless they’ve changed it super recently then in GSF you’re not allowed to go on NPSI fleets (which are fleets where people from tonnes of different groups come together to shoot poo poo and have fun, if that’s what you’re actually asking) at all, whether they end up in friendly space or not.

Tbqh, I was simply asking what a NPSI fleet was. I hate seeing acronyms I can’t parse, especially in games I play. Seems kinda weird, but I’m pretty sure that doesn’t appeal to me. And then the whole “don’t piss off the diplos” just adds to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

DerekSmartymans posted:

Tbqh, I was simply asking what a NPSI fleet was. I hate seeing acronyms I can’t parse, especially in games I play. Seems kinda weird, but I’m pretty sure that doesn’t appeal to me. And then the whole “don’t piss off the diplos” just adds to that.

Not Purple Shoot It. Everyone in a fleet has a purple standing icon in chat/overview.