Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

just got back from a day out and about and what the gently caress

       FREE ALーSAQR

Al-Saqr posted:

just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

John Charity Spring posted:

hopefully by the time he's back the israeli regime will have collapsed and he can livepost Palestinian liberation instead of liveposting to ethnic cleansing and thousands dead as seems more likely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1711883300166308020

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

ethnic cleansing program for Palestinian residents who start a business that operates for three years in Gaza communities

Sassbot Alpha
Sep 2, 2011
Fallen Rib

Chairman Xi, heed the people's call.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

isnt it a reference to the IDF higher up that got captured in his underwear? or maybe just generally that they caught the idf with their pants down both figuratively and literally since the ones nearest gaza were hit around dawn

A general named Nimrod captured in his underwear is a sign of the times

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

They’re wearing underwear due to being some serious freaking poopy pants.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

If this was a sane society we'd regard Bibi the same way we regard Pol Pot

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer
using my 10 minutes to say thank you to speng for doing what you do

speng31b
May 8, 2010

i am aware noone reads thread ops but i have updated the op with three (3) rules that i think are reasonable. since rules are very important.

quote:

1. No bloodlust or racism:
- Stuff that is actively racist or could be interpreted as racist will be annihilated.
- No saying that civilians dying is good or they deserve it or wishing for civilian death. "Settlers are active combatants" as an argument is not a way to work around this. You can make the argument itself if you want as a politics point, but you can't use it to be bloodlusty against settlers.
- DTI/DTA/generally saying Israel sucks and deserves to lose or even be dissolved as a state is ok. Actually Israel as a state is bad and should surrender.

2. Don't post violence/gore images or videos without content warning. Even if it's not directly gory or graphic (like tanks getting blown up), use spoiler/nms/nws and link break so videos don't embed. If it's especially gross stuff like visible gore and death don't post it at all, even behind content warnings. Textual descriptions of especially graphic content may fall under this rule as well.

3. Don't drag stupid Ukraine thread drama into this thread. This will result in long probes and bans. SYQs and general complaints about other subforums aren't against the rules (yet), but this thread is not just a proxy war for litigating your Ukraine thread slapfights, so don't do it. (That said it's not reasonable to expect zero cross-talk about one conflict in a thread about another...just be sure it's relevant to this thread and not forums war junk).

speng31b has issued a correction as of 19:10 on Oct 11, 2023

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Healthy young soldier goes to West, gets pumped with massive fund of many guns, doesn’t feel good and changes - TERRORISM! Many such cases!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

speng31b posted:

it's not good it's bad and while that SAD thread was about 95% stupid forums war garbage, i will be reinstating general ukraine thread policies against bloodlust itt if it slows down enough for me to read it. This means:

- no saying that civilians dying is good or they deserve it or wishing for civilian death

I would like clarification on this, because the majority of Israel's adult population has served in the IDF, making them an active participant in the oppression of Palestine, and I don't think being discharged from service returns them to a state of grace. Israel's 'civilian' population is very small, and any conflict involving adults, be they ravers or otherwise, is probably going to disproportionately involve current or former IDF members who are actively responsible for the current violence.

So, given that Israel is recalling conscripts and arming settlers, if Hamas gets the drop on 'settlers' or 'former IDF' that seems more like pre-emptively winning a battle at best and avenging themselves against their former tormentors at worst.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
lol @ the brain washed Americans who during every single conflict define fascism only as “anti semitic” and somehow it turns out only Americas allies are capable of good

the west has so much stolen wealth that what is happening in Israel will be visited 10fold upon us if god is just and people will try to pretend all the snakes who’ve spent decades supporting evil are innocent civilians

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

been trying to find this, thank you. does anyone know where it's from?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

death to israel

death to america

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Nix Panicus posted:

I would like clarification on this, because the majority of Israel's adult population has served in the IDF, making them an active participant in the oppression of Palestine, and I don't think being discharged from service returns them to a state of grace. Israel's 'civilian' population is very small, and any conflict involving adults, be they ravers or otherwise, is probably going to disproportionately involve current or former IDF members who are actively responsible for the current violence.

So, given that Israel is recalling conscripts and arming settlers, if Hamas gets the drop on 'settlers' or 'former IDF' that seems more like pre-emptively winning a battle at best and avenging themselves against their former tormentors at worst.

i updated the thread op with my interpretation of how to handle this. maybe it's a bad idea but the best i could come up with is "you can make the point that everyone is effectively a combatant as a politics argument if you want, but you can't use that argument to do bloodlust posting against people who are not currently active combatants." probably a compromise noone is happy with but it made logical sense to me.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

samogonka posted:

iron dome needs slow mode to function properly

lol, yup. exactly

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Roughly 80 years ago, in some godforsaken corner of the Balkans, Jewish people stood by my ancestors - both besieged, both starved, both spat on and despised, both constantly hunted - as comrades in arms and in both good and ill as they fought back the Nazi menace and their collaborators, together. I have read lists of names of Jewish partizans who volunteered for borderline suicidal missions to break villages out of encirclement so that their residents could escape the fascist menace with their lives. They refused to be victims, and they refused to stand idly by and let others be victimized. I have nothing but admiration for the victories they won together, for the future they tried to build together.

Zionist pigs piss on their memory and then use it as a shield, while supporting everything these people fought against.

Free Al-Saqr

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
https://x.com/QudsNen/status/1711661407404466344?s=20

some clear evidence of Hamas fighters not targeting civilians and even politely asking if they may have a banana.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

What’s gonna be funny is all the libs who were saying the next house speaker is an existential threat to US because the house GOP options are all insane will instead clap like seals no matter who they vote in because it means they can send weapons to Israel faster to kill Palestinians faster, even if the speaker is an insane person who plans on making the US default in the next 30 days

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

speng31b posted:

i am aware noone reads thread ops but i have updated the op with three (3) rules that i think are reasonable. since rules are very important.

Ty for your good work speg

https://twitter.com/evolvepolitics/status/1712155080231653828

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

speng31b posted:

i updated the thread op with my interpretation of how to handle this. maybe it's a bad idea but the best i could come up with is "you can make the point that everyone is effectively a combatant as a politics argument if you want, but you can't use that argument to do bloodlust posting against people who are not currently active combatants." probably a compromise noone is happy with but it made logical sense to me.

are illegal settlers patrolling occupied land with assault rifles considered active combatants?

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

free Al-Saqr

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Healthy young soldier goes to West, gets pumped with massive fund of many guns, doesn’t feel good and changes - TERRORISM! Many such cases!

reminder to read the Jakarta Method, listen to Blowback, etc etc

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

fanfic insert posted:

https://x.com/QudsNen/status/1711661407404466344?s=20

some clear evidence of Hamas fighters not targeting civilians and even politely asking if they may have a banana.

Hamas fighter looting food from civilians, who will starve to death. Its genocide op

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023
I was under the impression iron dome was a CRAM system with a traditional cannon but knowing it's guided missiles on a a rack of 20 is loving me up so bad lmao

How did anyone think that was ever gonna work?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

the hamas attack was an israeli false flag ?

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Zodium posted:

been trying to find this, thank you. does anyone know where it's from?

HIs article on the blog? Or Bibi's comments? The latter is from this paywalled Haaretz article

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

free palestine free al-saqr

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Poppers posted:

Look at the happy frog go! Lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

speng31b posted:

Your punishment for being a good IK and creating reasonable rules should be a blue star next to your name. :colbert:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ringo Roadagain posted:

are illegal settlers patrolling occupied land with assault rifles considered active combatants?

probably depends on the context. for example if you want to use the fact that weapons have been essentially distributed to all settlers as a basis for making a really hosed up post you should probably avoid doing that to be safe within the rules.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

I was under the impression iron dome was a CRAM system with a traditional cannon but knowing it's guided missiles on a a rack of 20 is loving me up so bad lmao

How did anyone think that was ever gonna work?

I was honestly hoping it was a literal dome made out of iron

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

speng31b posted:

probably depends on the context. for example if you want to use the fact that weapons have been essentially distributed to all settlers as a basis for making a really hosed up post you should probably avoid doing that to be safe within the rules.

Settlers with ARs are paramilitaries supporting a genocide with direct "bullets coming out of my gun" violence, I don't give a single hot gently caress if they're wearing uniforms.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Wrote to my senators (fully knowing they are poo poo and their response will be poo poo)

Dick Durbin sent a response back. Duckworth hasn't yet

Dick Durbin posted:

Thank you for contacting me about the recent attack on Israel by Hamas. I appreciate hearing from you.

On October 7, 2023, Hamas launched a coordinated attack on Israel from Gaza. Thousands have been killed or wounded, a majority of them civilians. More than 100 civilians have been taken hostage by Hamas, including an unconfirmed number of American citizens. The Biden Administration has acted decisively to support Israel as it responds to these horrific acts of terrorism. I support the Biden Administration’s actions in swiftly committing additional military and humanitarian assistance to Israel.

As a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, I have long supported strong security funding for Israel, including for the Iron Dome defense system. As Congress continues to deliberate on final funding levels for Fiscal Year 2024, I will carefully consider any supplementary funding request to assist Israel in their defense. I also will continue to work with the United States Department of State to assist Illinoisans impacted by this tragedy.

While the Israeli people deserve to live in peace, Palestinians also deserve a safe and sovereign homeland. At the same time, the establishment of a Palestinian state cannot be achieved at the expense of Israel’s sovereignty and must come through peaceful negotiations, not violence. Hamas is a terrorist organization that benefits from and actively foments this unresolved dispute. These actions not only inflict untold suffering on innocent Israelis but innocent Palestinians as well. No cause or grievance can justify the deliberate killing of innocent civilians.

I will continue to monitor the situation closely and keep your concerns in mind should Congress consider measures regarding the attacks on Israel.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please feel free to keep in touch.

go gently caress yourself Durbin

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Tories would have you drowned in a river if you said Soldier F is David James Cleary.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

speng31b posted:

I don't desire their deaths, I'd prefer they put down their weapons and book a flight out of the country (as soon as the airport stops being attacked, of course), but I also won't shed a tear if they get hit and won't buy into stories about Hamas 'attacking innocent civilians.'

Kids, of course, are innocent of all of this bullshit and always to be mourned, but even there Hamas takes greater care than Israel to avoid collateral deaths

speng31b
May 8, 2010

The Oldest Man posted:

Settlers with ARs are paramilitaries supporting a genocide with direct "bullets coming out of my gun" violence, I don't give a single hot gently caress if they're wearing uniforms.

yeah i do not disagree. i think hopefully you will be able to have an intuitive sense of how to not make a really hosed up bloodlusty post which falls outside of the rules on this point.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Waking every day and asking myself "where is the ccp!?"

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Al-Saqr posted:

just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

Free Al Saqr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i think it's actually pretty easy to not post about how much you want people to die