Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
dti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Maximo Roboto posted:

HIs article on the blog? Or Bibi's comments? The latter is from this paywalled Haaretz article

thank you

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Hamas doesn’t wear uniforms ergo they are also civilians.

the truth is that many (most?) of them are also teenagers, so if you think about it Israel is systemically killing a bunch of civilian teenagers.

however, because they are Arab, the only “correct” label is terrorist

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

webcams for christ posted:

       FREE ALーSAQR

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Zokari posted:

i think it's actually pretty easy to not post about how much you want people to die

a just god would scour us all from the face of the earth with a gamma ray burst

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
I know none of the liberals and other monsters who are defending Israeli genocide will actually listen because they don't actually care, but the chapo interview with the gazan al jazeera journalist is a must listen. Absolutely infuriating and heartbreaking what is being done to the palestinian people.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Poppers posted:

They’re wearing underwear due to being some serious freaking poopy pants.

we sent all their tactical pamps to Ukraine, that's why the IDF has been performing so poorly

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Call me golda meir because i think it is despicable that Israeli pigs use their own children as human shields

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Chairman Xi, intervene when ready.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

fanfic insert posted:

https://x.com/QudsNen/status/1711661407404466344?s=20

some clear evidence of Hamas fighters not targeting civilians and even politely asking if they may have a banana.

It’s very, very likely it’s the first time they ever had the chance to eat a banana or even see one in person in their life. Like people really don’t get just how hosed up the blockade is for Gaza. The last time Israel invaded they had calculated out how many calories a day they needed to provide Gazians to just barely not starve to death

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

I was under the impression iron dome was a CRAM system with a traditional cannon but knowing it's guided missiles on a a rack of 20 is loving me up so bad lmao

How did anyone think that was ever gonna work?

It only had to “work” like the checkpoints the Brits put up everywhere during the Troubles: prevent the war from coming home on a day to day basis, and provide an illusion of safety that allows for continuous, passive, support among a casualty intolerant population.

Basically, it allows for Israel to not really ever feel at war. It’s the same reason the border relied on sensors, remote weapons, UAVs etc. Actual patrolling would involve a constant stream of low level casualties, and people might ask what it was all for. Being rocketed whenever Israel assassinated someone in Gaza or the West Bank similarly would make people question the constant violence.

It’s the same reason the walls and border were built after the Second Intifada, incidentally. Israel wants a status quo that naturally would inspire the desire for retaliation by the Palestinians, but trusted in a technological advantage to prevent that from actually causing ripples at home. It’s exactly how you get a giant rave 5000m from a concentration camp.

To give you an idea of how foundational this is to the IDF, the reason they have those stupid loving mushroom helmet covers is to prevent them from being sniped at while in observation posts. Even low level attrition from the situation they created - checkpoints and observation posts overlooking a captive population - is so unacceptable to them their uniform reflects it.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It’s very, very likely it’s the first time they ever had the chance to eat a banana or even see one in person in their life. Like people really don’t get just how hosed up the blockade is for Gaza. The last time Israel invaded they had calculated out how many calories a day they needed to provide Gazians to just barely not starve to death

To put this in perspective, the average Palestinian consumes 2,279 per person per day.
The average Israel citizen consumes 3,570 calories per person per day.

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

Free al saqr you chicken poo poo colonizer lib fucks

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

webcams for christ posted:

       FREE ALーSAQR

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

free palestine free al-saqr

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

anyone know what the text on top of the pig drawing says? the phone translate is giving me multiple different answers

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
SAD is trying to put a wall up around CSPAM and the mods are complicit

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

It's hard to imagine what that would look like. Post-apartheid South Africa?

John Charity Spring posted:

you'd hope it would involve more effective redistribution and justice than South Africa or otherwise you just end up with all the settlers retaining political and economic power decades later. but as a starting point, yes, that'd be something to look at

I hope South Africa isn't used as inspiration.

If so there will be a truth and reconciliation Commission where a bunch of people cry and find out the name of the snipers who shot their children and then everyone will be asked to move forward and let it go case closed.

Likely during a "peaceful transition" key people pushing for justice instead of blanket reconciliation will be assassinated, and all the Really Bad evidence will be burned and all the capital taken to the USA.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

speng31b posted:

probably depends on the context. for example if you want to use the fact that weapons have been essentially distributed to all settlers as a basis for making a really hosed up post you should probably avoid doing that to be safe within the rules.

I mean a guy walking around with a gun in his hands, terrorizing Palestinians in the west bank.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I mean a guy walking around with a gun in his hands, terrorizing Palestinians in the west bank.

sounds like a combatant to me

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
I agree with the anti bloodlust policy if only because I don't have it in me to celebrate or react with glee to any kind of mass death but yeah, armed and trained settlers in places like the west Bank are 100% fair targets and if they have a conconscience then they should get the gently caress out of there.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
thank you mods for doing the brave thing and standing up for Israel on an American forum. 🫡

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lmao antony blinken is talking about how israel respects international law and the laws of war before his flight to israel
just like the united states does

:911:

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
how stretched is the definition of civilian regarding a country with mandatory conscription for men and women that has openly declared itself to be in a state of war

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Frosted Flake posted:

It only had to “work” like the checkpoints the Brits put up everywhere during the Troubles: prevent the war from coming home on a day to day basis, and provide an illusion of safety that allows for continuous, passive, support among a casualty intolerant population.

Basically, it allows for Israel to not really ever feel at war. It’s the same reason the border relied on sensors, remote weapons, UAVs etc. Actual patrolling would involve a constant stream of low level casualties, and people might ask what it was all for. Being rocketed whenever Israel assassinated someone in Gaza or the West Bank similarly would make people question the constant violence.

It’s the same reason the walls and border were built after the Second Intifada, incidentally. Israel wants a status quo that naturally would inspire the desire for retaliation by the Palestinians, but trusted in a technological advantage to prevent that from actually causing ripples at home. It’s exactly how you get a giant rave 5000m from a concentration camp.

To give you an idea of how foundational this is to the IDF, the reason they have those stupid loving mushroom helmet covers is to prevent them from being sniped at while in observation posts. Even low level attrition from the situation they created - checkpoints and observation posts overlooking a captive population - is so unacceptable to them their uniform reflects it.

Interesting, DTI

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

proud of the brave mods for loving with a thread that did not ask for it because people that don't post in it are genocidal freaks

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

RealityWarCriminal posted:

the hamas attack was an israeli false flag ?

Hamas was deliberately set up by the Netanyahu government as a means to delegitimize and divide the Palestinians, and make the question of Palestine statehood moot because they assumed protected by the Iron Dome and other high-tech measures, Israel could regularly swat down any threats (called it "mowing the grass.") Like the Tet Offensive, these attacks have shattered the myth of military superiority or that they have any idea of what they're doing.

Israel's Tet Moment by Ettingermentum posted:

Looking beyond this, the Vietnam comparison once again becomes helpful. While the Tet Offensive was a turning point in terms of turning the American public against the war, that didn’t necessarily mean that they turned towards peace. Far from it. In response to the war’s excesses, the public narrowly elected Richard Nixon on his platform of “peace with honor”, a vague non-commitment to a different and more mature look at handling the war. All it meant was the conflict’s continuation in a new, more politically savvy form. The war not only persisted, but expanded. There was still mass death. The difference was that Nixon, leaning from Johnson’s failures, managed an effective PR strategy that kept himself popular, the war in full swing, and the peace movement unmotivated throughout his tenure. A real reckoning of the failures put on full display by Vietnam never came. Justice never came. The war machine was only fine-tuned, not dismantled. America has continued with the same policies, with the same disastrous results, ever since.

It could also very well be the case that Israel will not get a Nixon, but a Reagan. Just as it has countless times in the country, the shock and horror of the attacks could lead Israelis to become only more vengeful and escalatory than they were even under Netanyahu. As Tet convinced Vietnam hawks that Johnson’s so-called “limited war” strategy was a failure, the end of Netanyahu’s Iron Dome strategy could very well convince Israelis that their only problem was not being harsh enough. It would certainly be in line with their historic political tendencies. And with the military’s highly-publicized support for the anti-Netanyahu protests this summer, it’s not at all hard to imagine that the ultra-right could soon construct a stabbed-in-the-back myth around the attacks. Such a strategy would be very much in line with their political philosophies.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mean Baby posted:

Hamas doesn’t wear uniforms ergo they are also civilians.

the truth is that many (most?) of them are also teenagers, so if you think about it Israel is systemically killing a bunch of civilian teenagers.

however, because they are Arab, the only “correct” label is terrorist

yes they do. its a green headband

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
"B-but I said both sides are bad" as I'm hauled away by a crowd of Extremely Invested obese baptists from Missouri for daring to question the righteousness of Israel's crusade against the filthy arab horde. "Your anti-semitism will not be tolerated in this community," they cry, in unison, as they smash my face into a thousand pieces

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1712171752271323610

https://twitter.com/babadookspinoza/status/1711895247091818983

https://twitter.com/brendancbrowne/status/1712162589692567679

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPHilll/status/1712149720439648461

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

FlapYoJacks posted:

To put this in perspective, the average Palestinian consumes 2,279 per person per day.

So, one could say that in comparison, they must seem like some sort of fattened farm animal with a ravenous appetite.

Perhaps one with a reputation for eating everything and everything, “junk food”, if you will.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Al-Saqr posted:

just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
having a bunch of people in sad pearl clutch about Jews being depicted as pigs while america and israel are discussing ‘a corridor to Egypt’ in the midst of their genocide is almost too much

I accidentally posted in the dnd thread too and was shocked by goons defending the idf and the settlers that are fair game too

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Vomik posted:

thank you mods for doing the brave thing and standing up for Israel on an American forum. 🫡

Its disappointing, but this is probably one of the handful of places in the west you're allowed to say death to israel

Incidentally, I stand with Palestine and Hamas and believe the genocidal oppressor state of Israel should be destroyed, and I do not condemn any of the violence Hamas has enacted against their jailers. Casting off their chains is a messy, brutal affair and Israel has only itself to blame for the violence. Every single death is unequivocally the fault of Israel.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Al-Saqr posted:

just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

Inshallah

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Nix Panicus posted:

Its disappointing, but this is probably one of the handful of places in the west you're allowed to say death to israel

Incidentally, I stand with Palestine and Hamas and believe the genocidal oppressor state of Israel should be destroyed, and I do not condemn any of the violence Hamas has enacted against their jailers. Casting off their chains is a messy, brutal affair and Israel has only itself to blame for the violence. Every single death is unequivocally the fault of Israel.

mmm, i'm fine with all this but please don't post Richard Scarry I/P propaganda images

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

FlapYoJacks posted:

kk but what are the macros

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

speng31b posted:

sounds like a combatant to me

okay. keep up the good work btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Poppers posted:

Look at the happy frog go! Lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

good shoot

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)