Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Of course the week that I lose JJ I’m on the rear end-end of the waiver wire and miss out on all of the useful pickups :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Bumhead posted:

Who wins this trade?

Get: Austin Ekeler
Give: Travis Kelce, Kyren Williams

Additional note: I already have La Porta on my bench

Assuming everyone stays healthy, this is a win for both sides. The best kind of trade.

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

I proposed my Stafford and Luke Musgrave for Sam LaPorta, they countered with Stafford and Musgrave for Dallas Goedert. That's an upgrade for me right? They've been starting Dak so I figured I could get one of those two.

It is an upgrade, but Goedert is still gonna be inconsistent. I'd take it.

gloom posted:

Would you trade Ken Walker for Davante Adams in half PPR? We start two WRs and two RBs.

My other RBs are Bijan, Mostert, and Breece Hall. I also have Allgeier as a handcuff and Jeff Wilson on IR. My WRs are a mass of OK guys: Ridley, Godwin, Pittman, Olave, and Jakobi Meyers. I am leaning no because I haven’t heard much about Davante this year, but his stats look solid so I don’t know.

I'd rather have Davante personally

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Today in “how the gently caress do yahoo waivers work?” Last week I dropped Roschon, because of course I did. Herbert seemed to have the job on lock and I needed a bench spot. So naturally Herbert gets hurt like a day later.

I tried to put in a claim but got this weird rear end message like “cannot claim a player you dropped until the next waiver period runs”. So if I drop a guy in yahoo I can’t make a claim on him til everyone else has had a chance to and declined? That’s… something.

I’ve had benches full of backup RBs all year, would be cool if one of them would ever be the right one lol.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Docjowles posted:

Today in “how the gently caress do yahoo waivers work?” Last week I dropped Roschon, because of course I did. Herbert seemed to have the job on lock and I needed a bench spot. So naturally Herbert gets hurt like a day later.

I tried to put in a claim but got this weird rear end message like “cannot claim a player you dropped until the next waiver period runs”. So if I drop a guy in yahoo I can’t make a claim on him til everyone else has had a chance to and declined? That’s… something.

I’ve had benches full of backup RBs all year, would be cool if one of them would ever be the right one lol.

I had the exact same problem. It is such a dumb rule.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Docjowles posted:

That’s how waivers work, both in fantasy and real life.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Picked up KJ and replaced Jameson Williams with him and I feel good about it even if Jameson ends up doing things later.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

RCarr posted:

That’s how waivers work, both in fantasy and real life.

Not on espn it’s not. I just checked and I am able to submit a claim on a guy I dropped last night.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Matt Zerella posted:

Addison getting all the love and everyone's forgetting how many TDs Osborne stole for JJ last year.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him have a better game this weekend over Addison.

The thinking is that Addison is going to slot into JJ's role while Osborne is going to keep his same role. Osborne will probably get more targets than normal and might have a better game as Addison is no JJ, but Addison should get a lot more opportunities with JJ out.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Addison getting all the love and everyone's forgetting how many TDs Osborne stole for JJ last year.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him have a better game this weekend over Addison.

This is why I'm absolutely shocked no one in my BML put a claim in on KJ. Including the JJ owner who is a Vikings fan.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

It is a common mistake people do in fantasy. They assume the better player will just get more opportunities, ignoring the fact that Addison is better than Osborn, but still isn't getting more opportunities.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Not on espn it’s not. I just checked and I am able to submit a claim on a guy I dropped last night.

Weird. You shouldn’t be able to.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It’s official.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1712131164159213666

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Docjowles posted:

Yeah, that’s a stupid Yahoo rule. It’s bit me in the butt before when I make a stupid mistake.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That’s… the way waivers work though. In the NFL if a team waives a player, they can’t get him back until he “clears waivers”, meaning no other team claims him. I agree yahoo rules are usually pretty stupid, but they got it right with this one.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Now here's hoping my JWJ pickups pan out :pray:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Have both Henry and Spears, not ready to yet but tempted to play Spears over Henry soon, Titans seem like they’re always behind.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Make sure you check waivers for K. Ingram in Arizona. IMO he's the one to have once healthy.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Matt Zerella posted:

Make sure you check waivers for K. Ingram in Arizona. IMO he's the one to have once healthy.

What makes you say that? He has 12 carries for 15 yards this year.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Personally, I’m grabbing Tony Jones once they move Achane to IR on NFL.com. (The other guy was picked up). Worth a week’s speculation and he looked decent in New Orleans.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Freaquency posted:

What makes you say that? He has 12 carries for 15 yards this year.

He's been listed as #2 all year.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

That’s… the way waivers work though. In the NFL if a team waives a player, they can’t get him back until he “clears waivers”, meaning no other team claims him. I agree yahoo rules are usually pretty stupid, but they got it right with this one.

I don't think you understand. This rule is making me face the consequences of my actions, so it is dumb.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RCarr posted:

it makes less sense if you run waivers once a week or whatever so a guy you dropped like five days ago is still un-addable, though
like if you're gonna emulate how the NFL works, you gotta follow the logic of that system

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

This is a signal but teams act contrary to the depth chart all the time too. Like how many of us had even heard of Jaleel McLaughlin? He immediately got more touches than Perine when Javonte got hurt. It's not insane to think they like Demercado better even if Ingram gets the stupid "veteran deference" where he's higher on the depth chart and gets to play the first snap of the game. Demercado has also been getting third down work even when Conner was healthy.

Not saying you're definitely wrong just that I don't think it's obvious who will be The Guy.

Sataere posted:

I don't think you understand. This rule is making me face the consequences of my actions, so it is dumb.

:yeah:

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
There's a lot of fuckery you can do with waivers to make it hard for other teams to pick up guys you don't want to roster.

This rule looks like it's intended to prevent that fuckery

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The X-man cometh posted:

There's a lot of fuckery you can do with waivers to make it hard for other teams to pick up guys you don't want to roster.

This rule looks like it's intended to prevent that fuckery

Even so at least let me put in a claim for the player so I don’t forget.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Matt Zerella posted:

he's got a hurt neck and if Demercado looks better than he has, which I'm seeing people say he does, Demarcado could snatch the job. although I hear Ingram may be back this week

No one added them or Roschon Johnson in my league but i don't have any good drops so I guess I'm standing pat. and in fact would have to drop 2 people to add 1 since I would have to take Jonathan Taylor off IR to make any other moves :|

curious how long Conner is going to be out. Herbert is a high ankle sprain so he's pretty sure to be back later in the season.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 11, 2023

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

What I meant was, if you missed out on the big waiver pickup, and Ingram is in your FA pool, pick him up and let's see what happens.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

What I meant was, if you missed out on the big waiver pickup, and Ingram is in your FA pool, pick him up and let's see what happens.

Agreed there :cheers: Kinda same with Foreman on the Bears if you missed Roschon and need an RB real bad

Fast Luck posted:

I would have to take Jonathan Taylor off IR to make any other moves :|

Curious what you're waiting for at this point. Want to see him actually play over Moss for a week first?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Fast Luck posted:

No one added them or Roschon Johnson in my league but i don't have any good drops so I guess I'm standing pat. and in fact would have to drop 2 people to add 1 since I would have to take Jonathan Taylor off IR to make any other moves :|

Your league allows this? We'd consider this an illegal roster.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Matt Zerella posted:

espn recently changed their rules to let you make moves and keep guys in IR that aren't O/IR! Not about to make commish deal with that, platform is stupid so it is what it is

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Cowboys fan in my league just offered me a straight-up 1:1 trade of Jonathan Taylor for my Tony Pollard.

Part of me is thinking SMASH but that's 2022 thinking. I kinda want to hold out one week to see a fully integrated JT first before deciding if I want him.

Is this overly cautious?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Hi fellow Fantasy Goons,

I have the Bengals defense, but they've been garbage this season. Should I pickup the Lions D for this weekend vs the Bucs? Options are pretty slim on the waiver wire, so any advice would be appreciated.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

trilljester posted:

Hi fellow Fantasy Goons,

I have the Bengals defense, but they've been garbage this season. Should I pickup the Lions D for this weekend vs the Bucs? Options are pretty slim on the waiver wire, so any advice would be appreciated.

I usually use https://subvertadown.com/ for my DST streaming, but I'm sticking with the Lions this week. Only teams in my league available in his top 10 are Jacksonville and Minnesota, who I don't trust at all. Lions have been solid, and they have good match ups the next two weeks as well.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Since I lost JJ I managed to snag KJ in his spot. But also someone dropped Gabe Davis so I managed to scoop him up this morning and dropped Dotson.

Now who should I start this weekend? The Bills are playing the Giants and I assume they want to bounce back from that ugly game in England.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Sataere posted:

It is a common mistake people do in fantasy. They assume the better player will just get more opportunities, ignoring the fact that Addison is better than Osborn, but still isn't getting more opportunities.

In this particular case the idea holds merit beyond generalized talent level, due to the shown preference to use Osborn in the slot and Addison as the outside deep ball threat.

In PPR I wouldn't blame anyone from safely rolling with Osborn, but the yards per catch upside is really, really juicy for Addison.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Matt Zerella posted:

Yahoo doesn't force you to take a guy out when his IR status is removed, but you can't make any other moves in the meantime. Not worth having a commissioner go check everyone's rosters and hassling them to make a decision, so the mechanics of Yahoo are just how it goes. I think it's fine. It basically means a roster freeze until you deal with the situation.

Docjowles posted:

Curious what you're waiting for at this point. Want to see him actually play over Moss for a week first?
I know I wouldn't be starting him yet so I'm not pressed to make a move, and I guess I'm hoping in the meantime someone will emerge more clearly as a drop candidate. Right now there's no easy drops so I don't want to drop someone just to move Taylor out of an IR slot and onto the bench.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Matt Zerella posted:

this means nothing tbh. demercado has been the passing down back for a few games now and that won't change even if ingram returns and is fine.

given az is going to pass a lot, you definitely want demarcado over ingram.

demercado also just looked better.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

abelwingnut posted:

this means nothing tbh. demercado has been the passing down back for a few games now and that won't change even if ingram returns and is fine.

given az is going to pass a lot, you definitely want demarcado over ingram.

demercado also just looked better.

I rostered Michael Wilson as a fringe breakout after his Week 4 performance. I’m wondering who is the guy to own on AZ, him or Demercado, with Conner on IR.

I’m a Conner owner.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Matt Zerella posted:

That's what Tommy Pham and Joc Pederson got in a fight about, keeping non-IR guys in an IR slot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Vargo posted:

Cowboys fan in my league just offered me a straight-up 1:1 trade of Jonathan Taylor for my Tony Pollard.

Part of me is thinking SMASH but that's 2022 thinking. I kinda want to hold out one week to see a fully integrated JT first before deciding if I want him.

Is this overly cautious?

I guess it depends on your other RBs, but it'd be a smash for me