Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

OctaMurk posted:

Israel directs public hospitals not to treat Hamas terrorists

Health Minister Moshe Arbel issued a directive to the public health system in Israel to refuse to treat captured terrorists on Wednesday afternoon.

"Since the beginning of the fighting, the issue of treating the damned and despicable Hamas terrorists within the public hospitals has piled up a tremendous difficulty on the health system," wrote Arbel.

"In these difficult times, the health system should focus fully on the treatment of the victims of the criminal massacre, the IDF soldiers and preparedness for the next," added the health minister. "The task of securing and treating the cursed and despicable terrorists within the public health system significantly harms these efforts and therefore, under my guidance, the public health system will not treat them."

the hypocritical oath!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
corn pop should've finished the job

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySlippers posted:

In this metaphor is coachella held near a concentration camp or not.

imagine you're just an innocent music lover attending Wagnerfest '43...

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Biden is such a looser

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

you have to forgive Joe, he's 90 years old and barely knows where he is

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
maybe the Jedi should keep their babies in rooms with more than one exit

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

to say nothing of this bullshit

not anymore lol

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/evanhill/status/1712260928635322502

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Tankbuster posted:

Finally caught up on the thread. Free Al-Saqr.

there's a picture going around of a settler named Vile Shlomo. I would post it but I don't want to eat a sixer.

Vile Shlomode

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

I loving hate them. This is completely on purpose, to lend credibility to the propaganda while maintaining a thin veneer of plausible deniability.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I wouldn't even call it manufacturing consent. It's more like ordering consent.

That's a good way to describe it. Obviously covid and Ukraine were like this, but the timeframe here seems so condensed.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Can biden die already

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

"40 headless babies" is going to stick around because it nullifies forthcoming Israeli war crimes.

It set the atrocity bar. Any number of murdered Palestinian children under 40, with heads, or over 12 months old will be "less tragic" than this imaginary benchmark.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

[in gay little anarchist voice] all nations are bad

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
How are people here handling the atmosphere of censorship around this? Call me a chickenshit, but I am slightly afraid of losing my job if I am too vocal on social media. I am still expressing my opinions where it feels appropriate, but it’s getting hard.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Biden never thought he would see it confirmed, just to correct the record a little here.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
A gay little anarchist, huh? Is he single?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Stanford sent out a mass email condeming the attacks by Hamas

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

How are people here handling the atmosphere of censorship around this? Call me a chickenshit, but I am slightly afraid of losing my job if I am too vocal on social media. I am still expressing my opinions where it feels appropriate, but it’s getting hard.

I told my supervisors that I went to the Palestinian solidarity demo so I didn't have to do a meet and greet with the higher-ups.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SirPablo posted:

Can biden die already

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

speng31b posted:

i dont think anyone should stare at enough snuff content to have an opinion on this one way or another tbh. people talking about the snuff poo poo they have looked up and their opinions on the details of it will start getting b+30s queued from now on.

what about snus poo poo?

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

moths posted:

"40 headless babies" is going to stick around because it nullifies forthcoming Israeli war crimes.

It set the atrocity bar. Any number of murdered Palestinian children under 40, with heads, or over 12 months old will be "less tragic" than this imaginary benchmark.

doing blood libel but it's pro-Semitic

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

crepeface posted:

I checked the thread right before bed to see the posts about Hezbollah attacking and I'm gonna choose to believe it

i take it these turned out to be fake?

RandomBlue posted:

slow mode in the middle of a rapidly changing event that effects the entire world in one of the few places not lusting for the death of brown people.. gently caress you mods

paul_soccer12 posted:

as i understand slow mode is needed because moderation of the thread without it is very difficult with the limited number of IKs/Mods. the solution as I see it is to appoint more mods, and I suggest al saqr for the job.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The only moral baby decapitations are performed with flying rebar from collapsing apartment buildings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsFZyL38FVA

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Upgrade Hates cspam because he was/is a landlord and gets angry about most of cspam not liking landlords.

:lmao:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I saw Hamas in the settlement killing babies and I saw one of the babies and it looked at me

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Atrocious Joe posted:

US billionaire who is on the board of directors for the New York Police Foundation and serves on the board of trustees of the University of Pennsylvania demands the ousting of the UPenn president.
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1712233749893537821

Rowan blames a literary event at UPenn for the situation in Palestine

https://youtu.be/hNlOl12yGqQ?si=k7QzvmpGoLZnT7KW

Top Gun Reference
Oct 9, 2012
Pillbug

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

It's a common psychic reaction to seeing any situation you instinctively, in your hearts of hearts, know is unjust, but where you fall on the side of the beneficiaries of that injustice. At that point any sympathy must carry a tinge of responsibility and guilt, so sympathy must be aggressively rejected. You see the same thing with wealthy people who get frothing mad at the mere existence of homeless people, it's a psychic overcorrective reaction to a subconscious understanding of your common humanity with the suffering, where the solution is to loudly and actively reject their humanity, so you don't have to feel any guilt.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

There’s nothing to be gained by posting about this on social media or talking about it with people who you’re not very close to, assuming at least that you’re in the USA, because you will not open eyes and you will not change opinions, this is overwhelmingly being messaged in a way that it’s best just to keep your head down, idk if I thought it would come to some good to speak up I’d say differently, but there is no benefit and only problems sorry

One thing I have noticed is nobody is even talking about this offline. I have not heard a snip of conversation even from people I hear occasionally talk about Ukraine, idk, nobody seems to want to talk about it anyway and honestly I’d oblige

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

US and Israeli intelligence are scrambling to shoot some footage of baby beheadings as we speak

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

actionjackson posted:

Stanford sent out a mass email condeming the attacks by Hamas

we're doing the same stuff we did with ukraine, the west states war policy -> it filters down to companies and schools to disseminate war propaganda

we cant pay for healthcare, but your employer/school said how important these wars are, dont cross the line

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I wonder how psychotic things are going to get if Israel continues to do poorly? Hell, what's the reaction going to be if they actually lose?

Have you heard of the Sepoy Mutiny, by any chance?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

bedpan posted:

what about snus poo poo?

First they came for the dippers, and I said nothing/For I didn't chaw

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Honky Mao posted:

US and Israeli intelligence are scrambling to shoot some footage of baby beheadings as we speak

while their primary baby procurer died in jail. neoliberalism keeps sacrificing its productive capacity for short term gains

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

https://twitter.com/VGAdvisor/status/1712256206960787965?t=swMNEVDL7tF07L5RjnRMuQ&s=19

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Honky Mao posted:

Somewhere, people are sitting in a meeting and debating the risks and benefits of creating AI-generated photos of headless babies

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

I saw Hamas in the settlement killing babies and I saw one of the babies and it looked at me

🤡

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

speng31b posted:

what the gently caress is your problem

been saying this

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Honest answer is that I’m limiting any comments, social media likes, etc to stuff that’s very clearly about open Israeli war crimes on civilians and don’t touch anything Hamas related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I wonder how psychotic things are going to get if Israel continues to do poorly? Hell, what's the reaction going to be if they actually lose?

What do we define as "lose" here? Unofficial official Israeli policies are... something.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option

Judges 16:30 posted:

Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he killed many more when he died than while he lived.

quote:

Although nuclear weapons were viewed as the ultimate guarantor of Israeli security, as early as the 1960s, the country avoided building its military around them, instead pursuing absolute conventional superiority so as to forestall a last resort nuclear engagement.[16] The original conception of the Samson Option was only as deterrence. According to United States journalist Seymour Hersh and Israeli historian Avner Cohen, Israeli leaders like David Ben-Gurion, Shimon Peres, Levi Eshkol and Moshe Dayan coined the phrase in the mid-1960s. They named it after the biblical figure Samson, who pushed apart the pillars of a Philistine temple, bringing down the roof and killing himself and thousands of Philistines who had captured him, mutilated him, and gathered to see him further humiliated in chains as retribution for his massacres of their people.[17][18][19] They contrasted it with ancient siege of Masada where 936 Jewish Sicarii committed mass suicide rather than be defeated and enslaved by the Romans.[20][21]

quote:

In the 1973 Yom Kippur War, Arab forces were overwhelming Israeli forces and Prime Minister Golda Meir authorized a nuclear alert and ordered 13 atomic bombs be readied for use by missiles and aircraft. The Israeli Ambassador informed President Nixon that "very serious conclusions" may occur if the United States did not airlift supplies. Nixon complied. This is seen by some commentators on the subject as the first threat of the use of the Samson Option.[23][24][25][26][27]

quote:

We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force. Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: 'Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother.' I consider it all hopeless at this point. We shall have to try to prevent things from coming to that, if at all possible. Our armed forces, however, are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under.

In short: Israel's nuclear policy is to ensure the destruction of the world if Israel is "lost".

Or, at least to phone up the US president and say that is what is going to happen if you don't start loading up every cargo plane you have right now.