Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I think I like the variants that have actual tarot names on them more than the others, like Uatu= 'The World', Human Torch='The Sun'. Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel still look really nice though.

I've got a bit over 3000 gold right now, I'm trying to decide whether to save up for the 7000 gold Christmas bundle or buy a few of the smaller ones between now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

victorious posted:

I think I like the variants that have actual tarot names on them more than the others, like Uatu= 'The World', Human Torch='The Sun'. Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel still look really nice though.

The ones with Tarot names come directly from the game. They were collectibles that featured characters who didn't appear in the game. The variants that show the character name instead are new designs. I agree that the ones pulled straight from Midnight Suns look a lot better.

It's a really great game that hooked me pretty hard when I played it earlier this year. It scratches the Xcom itch even though the gameplay is pretty significantly different. Shame that it was a commercial flop.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I'm getting the Dr. Doom one, I don't really like any of his other variants. Maybe that upcoming midnight gala one.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

FlamingLiberal posted:

There are tarot cards you can collect in the game

The game is about the Marvel occult/horror stuff as well

Heroclix did Tarot cards, too.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

uXs posted:

I'm getting the Dr. Doom one, I don't really like any of his other variants. Maybe that upcoming midnight gala one.

The hellfire gala variants all look amazing also.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://www.marvelsnap.com/newsdetail?id=7264575429514861318

https://twitter.com/MarvelSnapBugle/status/1712213352716386653

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Oh poo poo fogwell's. Was Conquest around last time?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

FireWorksWell posted:

Oh poo poo fogwell's. Was Conquest around last time?

No, but featured locations don't apply to Conquest so you'd have to be pretty lucky to get it.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

victorious posted:

Yeah, the "legit" cards are cool. I got Thor "Stength" in my shop rn.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Don't mock that Shocker card, goddamn

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Red posted:

Don't mock that Shocker card, goddamn

Haha, oh man is that him driving his little car from the 60s Spider-Man cartoon?

And is that Deadpool bundle the best money to gold ratio they've done? $5 for 1000 gold AND a variant and boosters?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I know it doesn't really "matter" as such but it's odd to me how they choose which cards get promo/bundle variants sometimes. Like Enchantress was in last months season pass, has that Sylvie variant/Mobius bundle going now, the limited time quite cheap one available with the 1602 variant and then she's the ultimate reward of the extremely dumb "spend $200 and get this variant" thing.

Then with this community vote, there's a Ghost Rider in it and he's also in the season pass. Or Magik had the bundle with the Midnight Suns variant, then she's also a reward in that above thing for spending slightly less than the enchantress one but still quite a lot and she was a season pass card not that long ago too.

Just seems like they could pick more varied cards for fancy variants I guess, is what I'm saying. Seems like even whales probably wouldn't buy many variants for the same card since there isn't a random favourite option or anything like a lot of games do for cosmetics. The mind of a whale is slightly alien to me though so I admit I could be massively wrong, maybe they just buy everything.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Whales literally buy everything the moment it drops yeah

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

New Leaf posted:

How do people play Cerebro? There are so many counters, so many locations that gently caress you.. It just doesn't seem viable. I just played some poor guy in Conquest doing C3 and he kept having to retreat. Monster Island, The Forge, Wakandan Embassy, Aunt May's, Monster Metropolis, Muir Island, Necrosha, Negative Zone.. It just seems so awkward.

I know others answered you already, but the easiest way to make Cerebro consistent is to include lines that win without Cerebro. Bast, Luke, Mystique, and Iron Man are in every C3 deck I play. Magic or Crystal for card draw, but not both. C3 also has the best tech cards: Scarlet Witch, Rhino, Shadow King, Cosmo, Shang Chi, Professor X, Mobius, Wave, and Valkyrie. If someone can't win with C3, they're probably early in Pool 3.

Conversely, I can't win with tempo stats decks. Shuri Redskull or even basic Devil Dino and Darkhawk decks just hemorrhage cubes for me. But give me a bounce or flood deck, junk, or C3 or Patriot, and I can find all the lines I want.

Nikumatic posted:

I have never felt good running C2 though.

That's because C2 can't counter anything your opponent can do and doesn't put out enough power to compete. All of the good tech cards are either 3 or 5 power. The only decent C2 deck for me is a Luke Cage, Wong, and Hazmat combo. It's not great.

C5 was in a much better place before the Nimrod and Abs Man nerfs. I'm also missing Silk, so it doesn't feel great for me.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
lmao I'm up 5000 ranks this afternoon trying to farm boosters

gently caress your Shuri / Elsa meta, Uatu and Captain America for life

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

The hilarious thing is that with this current featured location, Uatu is actually putting in a poo poo ton of work

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Devo posted:

lmao I'm up 5000 ranks this afternoon trying to farm boosters

gently caress your Shuri / Elsa meta, Uatu and Captain America for life

What in the world deck are you playing?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

New Leaf posted:

What in the world deck are you playing?

For context, the only cards in my entire collection that aren't either green bordered, blue bordered, or infinite bordered are Uatu, Morph, and two different Captain Americas. I need to clear those out to start working on my blue bordered cards.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Phew, none of the variants in my shop are cards I use, my gold is safe. I do have Prof X and that one's good, but I just bought the Noir one last week

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
How does it work if you get a variant for a card you don't own?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

CJ posted:

How does it work if you get a variant for a card you don't own?

You get to play with the variant, but you'll still open the base card in a box at some point.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Bad Video Games posted:

That's because C2 can't counter anything your opponent can do and doesn't put out enough power to compete. All of the good tech cards are either 3 or 5 power. The only decent C2 deck for me is a Luke Cage, Wong, and Hazmat combo. It's not great.

C2 is a careful balancing act between playing aggressively and holding back. True, you don't have any reactive tech cards, but what you do have are Goose and Storm to lock lanes down early. At the same time, you don't want to overinvest in a lane you've already locked down and not have anything left in the tank for the other locations, and cards like Brood and Sinister let you pull off a turn 6 surprise by filling up a lane you weren't previously contesting. I've hit infinite the last few months using mostly my C2 deck to climb, it can definitely work as long as you're willing to roll with the punches.

That said, it is true that you have less ways to work around unfortunate locations compared to other Cerebro numbers. Your only real play is to use Storm to turn them off entirely, but that doesn't help with, say, Monster Island. (Wakandan Embassy is a wildcard here; it can be crippling depending on what's in your hand, but if you're already holding Cerebro and/or Mystique it can actually work out in your favor.)

E: Oh right, Magik fits now too.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 12, 2023

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I pretty much only play C2, but definitely Luke, Storm and/or Magik are essential. Other than that don't snap until turn 3 at the earliest

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Opopanax posted:

I pretty much only play C2, but definitely Luke, Storm and/or Magik are essential. Other than that don't snap until turn 3 at the earliest

Lockjaw M'Baku :hai:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I made infinite once with Lockjaw M'Baku before the Lockjaw nerf. Good times.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
beast used to be a godsend in c2 as well :(

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I definitely played a lot of C2 when Beast was viable. Maybe I should look at C4 again.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't run Lockjaw but I do have M'baku and he's won games for me before and it's absolutely my favorite thing in the game

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

That Deadpool variant bundle looks like it’s by Mike Krahulik (Penny Arcade)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Fartington Butts posted:

Good news!

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Bought the midnight sons professor X, and the first upgrade was inked, I didn't even think that could happen.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

It can if you've done enough upgrades of other variants of that card.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Double post :words:

DrBouvenstein posted:

And is that Deadpool bundle the best money to gold ratio they've done? $5 for 1000 gold AND a variant and boosters?

In November there's apparently a $2 Mystery Bundle for a Premium variant and 1000 credits. The Bast bundle at the end of November is also good, $5 for a sweet Bast variant, 750 credits and 200 gold. Not quite as good as the other two though.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Playing a 1-Cost Deck and just had a game where someone Mantis’d my Blade then Cable’d my Blue Marvel and then used the Blade to show me he drew and Discarded my Blue Power then Snapped on like Turn 4

I Snapped back and won all 3 lanes

Did the Kamala Khan Thumbs Up

MotU fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 12, 2023

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

New Leaf posted:

How do people play Cerebro? There are so many counters, so many locations that gently caress you.. It just doesn't seem viable. I just played some poor guy in Conquest doing C3 and he kept having to retreat. Monster Island, The Forge, Wakandan Embassy, Aunt May's, Monster Metropolis, Muir Island, Necrosha, Negative Zone.. It just seems so awkward.

Played a few games of C3 earlier. When you don't get hosed by locations or damage, it comes from behind to murder most decks. Valkyrie in particular is absurd, although that deck really wants a turn 7 so it can save her for the end.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Fartington Butts posted:

baldpool

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

victorious posted:

In November there's apparently a $2 Mystery Bundle for a Premium variant and 1000 credits.
I have to imagine that gets changed before release. That can't be right.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Do all these bundles show up in the app? I haven't seen that $5 bundle where you can pick between enchanted, Bucky, or... The other one, yet.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010

Jokymi posted:

The ones with Tarot names come directly from the game. They were collectibles that featured characters who didn't appear in the game. The variants that show the character name instead are new designs. I agree that the ones pulled straight from Midnight Suns look a lot better.

It's a really great game that hooked me pretty hard when I played it earlier this year. It scratches the Xcom itch even though the gameplay is pretty significantly different. Shame that it was a commercial flop.

The bundle got me playing Midnight Suns again, and I hope it inspired others to do the same. Super underrated. Add the Hunter to Snap, Second Dinner!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Do all these bundles show up in the app? I haven't seen that $5 bundle where you can pick between enchanted, Bucky, or... The other one, yet.
There are four of them you can choose from, and they are exclusive to the Nuverse Snap store