Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

e: The worst censorship is self censorship when you're too afraid for your job to take a strong public stance against apartheid.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 02:18 on Oct 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Somewhere, people are sitting in a meeting and debating the risks and benefits of creating AI-generated photos of headless babies

Ugh its saying inappropriate content... Try "paraglider using fake knife to reattach head to baby"?

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

crepeface posted:

i take it these turned out to be fake?

yeah as far as anyone can tell it was a rumor that spiraled completely out of control, boosted by osint accounts and various other internet people, until even the Israeli government and military were treating it as a legitimate threat and air raid sirens were going off and people in dozens of towns in northern Israel were ordered into the bomb shelters

then nothing happened

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
It's so important to the West that everyone get behind the party line that they're enlisting the President to lie for them about it

They are absolutely going to take this to the hilt

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

record corrected: hamas actually beheaded 40 sugar babies at the rave.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I told my wife about the 40 babies and she immediately asked "where do you even have 40 babies in one place"?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

How are people here handling the atmosphere of censorship around this? Call me a chickenshit, but I am slightly afraid of losing my job if I am too vocal on social media. I am still expressing my opinions where it feels appropriate, but it’s getting hard.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

There’s nothing to be gained by posting about this on social media or talking about it with people who you’re not very close to, assuming at least that you’re in the USA, because you will not open eyes and you will not change opinions, this is overwhelmingly being messaged in a way that it’s best just to keep your head down, idk if I thought it would come to some good to speak up I’d say differently, but there is no benefit and only problems sorry

One thing I have noticed is nobody is even talking about this offline. I have not heard a snip of conversation even from people I hear occasionally talk about Ukraine, idk, nobody seems to want to talk about it anyway and honestly I’d oblige

it's very similar to any controversial geopolitical position like uyghur genocide, russia's unprovoked war of aggression and genocide, assad's genocidal chemical weapon attacks etcetc except with the added detriment that the israel lobby wield a lot of political and institutional power and aren't afraid to use it.

posting too much about it outside of places like SA or tankie twitter is probably not worth the risk and you're not likely to change people's minds anyway. you're better off looking at how to contribute in a group/org if you feel like you have to do something.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

What do we define as "lose" here? Unofficial official Israeli policies are... something.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option

In short: Israel's nuclear policy is to ensure the destruction of the world if Israel is "lost".

Or, at least to phone up the US president and say that is what is going to happen if you don't start loading up every cargo plane you have right now.

The irony is not lost on me that the whole reason Samson was captured in the first place is that he wouldn't stop slaughtering Philistines

edit: I mean his own girlfriend. turned him because he was such a monster

text editor has issued a correction as of 02:15 on Oct 12, 2023

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

SirPablo posted:

Can biden die already

If we could only find his phylactery.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

SirPablo posted:

I told my wife about the 40 babies and she immediately asked "where do you even have 40 babies in one place"?

a baby factory

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

*taking notes*
be.. giant... skeleton..
great, ok

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Hatebag posted:

*taking notes*
be.. giant... skeleton..
great, ok

green axe optional

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Slavvy posted:

The USSR was the reason

I've come around to the view that the USSR destroying itself is the greatest tragedy to ever befall our species and planet

We had the unique change to forge a new global order out of the carnage of fascism driven to it's logical conclusion and we hosed it up

:hai:

dead gay comedy forums posted:

me, as a ghost through an alien time machine: “Andropov, get your goddamned kidneys in order, drink lots of water, heed the red army, get this yeltsin motherfucker arrested asap and tell this gorbachev dude to stop being a dumbass, work together with this Deng fella in China (and tell him to look after this Xi dude as well), let the baltics go and NATO will never stop trying to gently caress with you. Also invest in transistors and nuclear energy, thorium reactors are possible kthxbai”

:hai:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Language truly is a thing to behold:
"i never really thought that i would see, and have confirmed pictures of terrorists beheading children."

Technically not a lie! He never thought he would, and he never has. Thanks Mr. President for assuaging us of that terrible hypothetical.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

*expertly crafting an insidious psyop* israel just beheaded 40 puppies and 40 kittens
:nws:
🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸 :nws:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the "samson option" is probably just propaganda, or at least the part where they nuke anything outside of the middle east as a defiant gently caress you to the world. i just can't see anyone's response to losing to the 23rd paraglider brigade being to nuke paris

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Oglethorpe posted:

ancient american secret

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1712277442101174438

Wow is this bad

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Oglethorpe posted:

ancient american secret

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Israel winning the propaganda war (through a fair share of misinformation) is utterly depressing.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

he's getting shredded in comments lol, learning a lot
e: actually skip it, the misery tweets soon follow

Leandros has issued a correction as of 02:37 on Oct 12, 2023

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the "samson option" is probably just propaganda, or at least the part where they nuke anything outside of the middle east as a defiant gently caress you to the world. i just can't see anyone's response to losing to the 23rd paraglider brigade being to nuke paris

I feel like the US gases up proxies with delusions of grandeur to the point where if they could, they would. Look at the ideology Washington cultivated in Kiev.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Gorman Thomas posted:

If my mom called me to tell me that Coachella was under siege by armed men flying in on hang gliders I'd have to tell her to call back because I can't hear her over the wind.

ah poo poo, I just got this

China Gay, so what?

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Echo Chamber posted:

Israel winning the propaganda war (through a fair share of misinformation) is utterly depressing.

I,m thoroughly disgusted with the entire western political & media classes. also anyone that denounces hamas atrocities but remain silent about israel openly stating that they’ll genocide gaza

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Her own mother says she's alive and some fuckwits are aware of that and still claiming she's dead and her mother is just in shock and doesn't know what's going on.

gently caress off genocide lovers. Racist loving trash.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

gonna wait for John Cena's take on the situation

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

Somewhere, people are sitting in a meeting and debating the risks and benefits of creating AI-generated photos of headless babies

Someone is trying to explain to Biden for the 10th time about how AI has difficulty creating realistic hands, even on babies

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Echo Chamber posted:

the media transfered the mindset they covered the ukraine war with to this conflict

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

I'm a dummy and don't know why this is notable over all the other identical statements this week

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

German police arrest Palestine solidarity demonstrators
https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1712271871167647823

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

I stand with India. 🫡

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

DrPossum posted:

I'm a dummy and don't know why this is notable over all the other identical statements this week

it's one of the most famous, popular, and well liked billionaires and socialites in the world saying genocide and ethnic cleansing is good

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mickey mouse announcement

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Al-Saqr posted:

just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

gradenko_2000 posted:

gonna wait for John Cena's take on the situation

is kyrie irving still allowed internet access? like, contractually speaking?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Megamissen posted:

the media transfered the mindset they covered the ukraine war with to this conflict

With several crucial 180's, which is why our friend the landlord compared Hamas to Bomber Command bombing Dresden, and not the IAF.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Spaced God posted:

it's one of the most famous, popular, and well liked billionaires and socialites in the world saying genocide and ethnic cleansing is good

I guess I'm just numb to it. Like, anyone saying otherwise would be notable, even surprising. especially for a branded release

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

i loving love morrowind loading screens

yep wasting my slowpost period just saying that

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SirPablo posted:

When I was younger I used to eat bags of jelly babies by biting their heads off first.

I don't remember how many were in a bag though. It was sold by the gram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

some aipac guy probably bumped into him in the hall and tried "hey joe thanks for taking a look at those decapitated baby pictures" and his coworkers cant believe it worked