Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

net work error posted:

SPRINT race winner

just makes him sound faster imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Did anyone else completely forget that Ocon won a race

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wicka posted:

how could anyone forget the race that gave us "Lights out and away we go for Lewis Hamilton, and no one else"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Who?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Also the race where Vettel finished second but was then disqualified because he didn’t have enough fuel left.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
And Alonso holding off Vettel for a bit. That was a fun race.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I don't know I just told you I forgot

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

smackfu posted:

Also the race where Vettel finished second but was then disqualified because he didn’t have enough fuel left.

God, I hate Formula 1 so much, thank you for reminding me.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Once Ocon a Time

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

There Was a Binman

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Lando Norris: I have no cup and I must stream

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Gasly and Ocon are both race winners, and now they have been rewarded to spend the rest of their career in purgatory aka Alpine

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Tried to use Bing AI to generate some pictures of Oscar but apparently they dont allow me to generate memes of real people. :(

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Custard Undies posted:

Tried to use Bing AI to generate some pictures of Oscar but apparently they dont allow me to generate memes of real people. :(

I've tried every generator to create the only image that will make my wife happy: Carlos Sainz as Mr. Peanutbutter of Bojack Horseman fame. I assume this basically means Mr. Peanutbutter in a Ferrari shirt yet the generators haven't come anywhere close.

I do not know why this idea intrigues her so. She just thinks he's a dumb sweet golden retriever at heart. I don't have it in me to tell her about the Sainz Boyz political leanings. I also don't want to learn Photoshop.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Alpine playing it all Billy Big Balls about having no contract with Andretti and completely forgetting that because they only supply 1 team they are obligated to supply them for an already given price if asked.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

smackfu posted:

The Curse of Otmar

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002
Bernie Ecclestone sentenced to 17 months in prison suspended for two years

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/oct/12/ex-f1-boss-bernie-ecclestone-pleads-guilty-to-fraud

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

From the article:
“The judge, Mr Justice Bryan, said he noted the “undoubted seriousness of your offending”, but said he had taken into account the low risk of reoffending and other factors such as his age, his medical condition, and the impact of a prison sentence on his young child.”

Lmao yes, I’m sure the 92-year -old is doing so much to help raise his young son

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
the only game of peekaboo where both are surprised when the hands are taken away

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

best bale posted:

From the article:
“The judge, Mr Justice Bryan, said he noted the “undoubted seriousness of your offending”, but said he had taken into account the low risk of reoffending and other factors such as his age, his medical condition, and the impact of a prison sentence on his young child.”

Lmao yes, I’m sure the 92-year -old is doing so much to help raise his young son

Definitely no chance of reoffending from the man who has previously committed many other financial offences. Literally the age is the only valid argument, only so many other tax avoidance schemes and bribery you can get away with before dying at 92.

Red Warrior fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 12, 2023

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

felipe massa says #lockhimup

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Red Warrior posted:

Definitely no chance of reoffending from the man who has previously committed many other financial offences. Literally the age is the only valid argument, only so many other tax avoidance schemes and bribery you can get away with before dying at 92.

mostly i'm surprised that he's 1) 92 and 2) still lucid

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Was he ever lucid?

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

best bale posted:

From the article:

Low risk of reoffending? He’s been a fraud all his life!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Now to be fair, he did bribe his way out of those bribery charges.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dudley posted:

double or nothing, officer?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Dudley posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxviBxaSjyc&t=45s

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Bernie is a changed man in his old age, now he doesn't get others sent down for his fraud offences.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/andretti-heading-for-f1-green-light-not-court-says-ben-sulayem/10531501/

quote:

Although the FIA and FOM appear at loggerheads over the matter, with their opinions about the value of Andretti not in line, Ben Sulayem does not see it triggering a big falling out if things do not progress.

Instead, he is adamant that the situation will be dealt with in a constructive manner rather than as a point of public conflict.

“This marriage [between FIA and FOM]? I’ve said it before and I'll say it again: I think the Pope of the Vatican can get married 100 times and get divorced. But we will not be divorced,” he said.

“Yes, the owners might change tomorrow, Liberty Media might sell. But the FIA with Liberty going to court? We will not allow it even. It's not even for discussion.

“To me, we pick up the phone, we handle things. These small things that go are part of making the sport better.”

That is certainly an idiom I had never heard of

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Really? It's just like when the pope shits in a bear and then chops wood.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The best suggestion for sprints I heard is that it should be gridded in reverse championship order.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

He's his number one fan

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

Arc Hammer posted:

He's his number one fan

I heard he had his lower ribs removed for....reasons.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Ferucci would make for an amazing f1 driver on the new Andretti team :911:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

lovestick posted:

For me to poop on

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

When no one else will I suppose

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Arc Hammer posted:

He's his number one fan

That's Max

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

lovestick posted:

Nope

Dudley posted:

Completely legally. The way he describes it in that documentary series last year is pretty remarkable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I watched an old FP1Will ep today discussing Lance Stroll's history pre-F1 and there were shots of pre-F1 George Russell and basically his face has stretched as he's grown up, its a little disturbing.

F1 history would be different if Stroll had just gone into F2 properly, well at least we'd have a better idea whether he had an enduring talent cos we'll never know for sure now, thanks dad.